Anticheat failure
Ok, anticheat banned me for using sensitivity 500 and spinning lol. is this fixed in svn?
Thanks given by:
Maybe if you didn't do that?
Thanks given by:
i was testing to see if it would ban me :>
Thanks given by:
Not really a failure. Spinhack is something the anticheat wants to prevent. Even though you cheated your way through a false spinhack, the thing worked. So... yea.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 12, 07:26AM)Misty Wrote: Not really a failure. Spinhack is something the anticheat wants to prevent.

It is a failure. He was banned for spinhacking without spinhacking.

(23 Jun 12, 07:26AM)Misty Wrote: Even though you cheated your way through a false spinhack, the thing worked. So... yea.

That's a misnomer. In some sense he may have cheated the detection algorithm, but that kind of cheating is very different to the kind where you gain an unfair advantage and is not the type that the anticheat aims to detect.
Thanks given by:
Yes, roflcopter, it was a failure, i knew it all along, me and some other player were doing that, he got banned by anticheat for spinhack lots of times, i only got banned that one time :P

we were both doing the same thing
Thanks given by:
This games free. You can't expect everything like the AC to be flawless like valve anti-cheat or something which they've put $$$$$$$$ into.
Thanks given by:
No, it hasn't been fixed yet, but it is something I want removed or fixed. You may or may not be aware that this code is a sticking point in the game's development ATM.
I have sympathy for someone who is banned innocently; I have no sympathy for someone who tries to get banned and succeeds, regardless of the method.
Thanks given by:
well, i was showing you how easy it is to get banned innocently by anticheat
Thanks given by:
jg, you are AC's Saviour how shall we ever thank you for pointing out an already known bug.

AC's SAVIOUR OF EVERYTHING - Jg99!
Thanks given by:
The anti cheat detects high spin speed.
you spun at high speed.
Anti cheat works after all. Its only a ban so think yourself lucky. :D
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 12, 07:04AM)Jg99 Wrote: i was testing to see if it would ban me :>

XD

Report yourself here -> http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1.html

Thanks given by:
Spamming jump on a long staircase in a map got me temp-banned for "suspicious activity". I think that's a bigger deal than the spinhack bug.

Even so, I think these occurrences of innocent players getting punished by anticheat is RARE, Compared to other things on the dev to do list, I wouldn't say these issues are a top priority.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 12, 10:04AM)RCJD Wrote: Spamming jump on a long staircase in a map got me temp-banned for "suspicious activity". I think that's a bigger deal than the spinhack bug.

That happened to me during a 1v1 in ac_complex (triggered speedhack), as I edge-jumped up the stairs leading out of RVSF base.

Some time after that I did the same thing in one of jamz's servers which he used to host, and this is what showed up in the logs:
Jul 11 09:24:53 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [118.93.146.32] HyPE|Fate fast move [anticheat]
Although you need to trigger the "fast move" I think three times in quick succession (I forgot the time frame) before the anticheat lays down the banhammer.

EDIT: Oh and in the same log extract I did test for the "spinhack" (set sensitivity to 1000) but nothing turned up.
Thanks given by:
My run in with anti-cheat from last October. :) Not spinhax related though. :(
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9565/...97b740.png
Of course Aight's screenshot shows him behind the grate on outpost, so not sure why I was the one kicked for hax. \:D
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 12, 08:39AM)Shorty Wrote: jg, you are AC's Saviour how shall we ever thank you for pointing out an already known bug.
AC's SAVIOUR OF EVERYTHING - Jg99!
Lol, you took the words right outta my mouth.
Thanks given by:
So how is the spinhack an advantage?
Thanks given by:
Its not really, just annoying/distracting, theres no reason for somebody to use one.
Thanks given by:
I never fully understood. IDK whether it was to avoid aimbot detection, or to confuse opponents, or to make it impossible to spectate, or something else I haven't thought of.
Thanks given by:
For trickshot competitors so its easier I guess?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 12, 06:58PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: So how is the spinhack an advantage?

iirc it was harder to get a headshot. I could be wrong.

(23 Jun 12, 07:11PM)jamz Wrote: IDK whether it was to avoid aimbot detection

"Yes, I use a cheat so they don't think I am using a cheat"
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 12, 06:47AM)Jg99 Wrote: Ok, anticheat banned me for using sensitivity 500 and spinning lol. is this fixed in svn?
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-166.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-178.html
Thanks given by:
l0l that's awesome dude
Thanks given by: