Why do you leave your FPS there?
I've never had much luck getting a smooth performance with vsync enabled.

/maxfps 60; vsync 1 - causes a lot of tearing on my monitor (actually a LCD TV)

/maxfps 60; vsync 0 - perfectly consistent smooth gameplay on my monitor
Thanks given by:
Yo vanquish, how can I do that hit test you do on yours, must be a script but I can't track it down. Help me out will ya?!?! link me!

**BAH! I see that I can do it on MyS servers, but I would rather do it on my own with a script if possible
Thanks given by:
It wasn't a script, it was a feature enabled on the uk.myys.tk 7999,8999 and 9999 match servers that would allow you test your unhits. Sadly this feature has since been disabled for the ACWC.

I'm not sure as to whether a script could be made, as the hitdrops are drops that the client reports to the server, so the server would need to provide the data. It is possible to get client-side unhits as well, but those usually stem from graphics driver issues.
The best way I've found to get rid of unhits is to:
-unmax your fps
-load a fps-heavy map such as werk or rattrap
-look at what the lowest rough number is on your fps stats (type /showstats 1 if you aren't seeing any values appear)
-then /maxfps at the lowest number you see, in order to provide maximum stability

Really it's that simple. As long as you have green ping/PJ and a totally stable FPS value that is at least 75, you should get no unhits. At least, that's the case for me and most others.
Thanks given by:
People play with 250 instead of 125 because it reduces input lag.

Without any kind of vsync you have just one buffer storing the image. The buffer is read by the at the vertical refresh rate (for me it's 60Hz). Now if I have just 60 FPS, then there's a chance that the buffer will get updated immediately after the screen has refreshed with the old buffer. Hence I may get up to 1000*(1/60+1/60) = 33ms of input lag. If I have 1000 FPS I will have a max latency of 1000*(1/60+1/1000) = 18ms. That is, your reaction time can go down by 15ms (or even more) from FPS alone (this is about 10% of a player's reaction time).

That's not to say playing with maxfps 0 is the best way to go though.

And yes, to remove unhits you just need a stable multiple of 25 FPS. Or play in a good server which has the fix (hlin, UK MyS, FD, o-n-e.tk, LA DyH).
Thanks given by:
Graphics = extreme/insane, w/e it's called
vsync = 0
/maxfps = 1000
computer mouse speed at 6/10
in-game mouse at 1.51
GG

The reason for the mouse inputs, is in sc2, with your mouse on 6/10 for the computer mouse input, and 51 in sc2 with no mouse acceleration you don't lose any mouse inputs.

So i just carried over this logic and it seems to work fine for me.
Thanks given by: