Why do you leave your FPS there?
I read this post:
(17 Jun 12, 12:23PM)Xenon Wrote: 250 fps cap for me!

and found no real reason for it to be 250, not 200 or 300. Why not 240, a multiple of 60?

So I am curious about why you cap your FPS where you do. Is it because you like the number, or because it actually gives you better performance?

I use vsync, so 60.
Thanks given by:
I cap mine at 100 cause anything above that would give me jumps, 100 seem stable for me.
Thanks given by:
60Hz display, 60fps.
Thanks given by:
vsync
Thanks given by:
MasterKaen's dropped shots server thread led to a 'fact' that stable un-moving fps = less/no dropped shots. Everything under 75 fps led to 30%+ dropped shots for me going by what the server said. I can't go any higher due to official maps having super laggy areas, a few maps still put me below 75 but yeah...

And even though my laptop has 60Hz refresh, the game is all slow and choppy at /maxfps 60, yet smooth on /maxfps 75....so hax <3
Thanks given by:
When i cap it i usually go for 250 because my fps rarely go below that threshold.
Thanks given by:
How do you cap your FPS?

Mine has always been at 60, but I'm interested in bumping it up to 100 for the hell of it.
Thanks given by:
/showfps ?
/maxfps *
Maybe you have to turn vsync off to see a bump.
I experimented an improved gameplay when I learned about this! But at first, it made me feel a bit sick, now Im used to it...
In this forum a lot of very important and interesting information about this matter has been shared by many nice people, maybe youd want to go through those to learn a bit more!
XD
Thanks given by:
/maxfps 1000
Thanks given by:
I cap mine at a value which doesn't change, sometimes even when I'm capped at say 600 fps it will constantly flicker between 599 and 600
Thanks given by:
/maxfps 45
It gives me most stable gameplay for my pc.
Thanks given by:
i can cap mine anywhere up to 900 before it still start to spike. I pick 250 because in most games 125, 250 and 333 give special abilities. For example in CoD with 125 I jump longer, with 250 I can jump higher and with 333 I can do a combo of both. Now that was discovered like as soon as CoD4 came out so I'm highly doubtful it doesn't work on AC but I still cap it @ 250 anyways -.-
Thanks given by:
@Xenon thats the cheat client, not the fps´ :(
Thanks given by:
cheat client?
[Image: 20120531_18.07.49_ac_shine_.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If you want good hitreg on non-hitreg fixed servers, you gotta cap your frames but the number is different for everyone. Just go to any vacant UK MyS server, fire 150+ rounds and type !unhits.

/connect uk.myss.tk 9999 match
/connect uk.myss.tk 8888 match
/connect uk.myss.tk 7777 match

This is why I cap mine at 100.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20101110050235acdesert3.png]
Thanks given by:
250 fps where it's @ regardless of logic or not
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 12, 12:55AM)Xenon Wrote: i can cap mine anywhere up to 900 before it still start to spike. I pick 250 because in most games 125, 250 and 333 give special abilities. For example in CoD with 125 I jump longer, with 250 I can jump higher and with 333 I can do a combo of both. Now that was discovered like as soon as CoD4 came out so I'm highly doubtful it doesn't work on AC but I still cap it @ 250 anyways -.-

AC bouncing ferdayz
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 07:51PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I read this post:
(17 Jun 12, 12:23PM)Xenon Wrote: 250 fps cap for me!

and found no real reason for it to be 250, not 200 or 300. Why not 240, a multiple of 60?

So I am curious about why you cap your FPS where you do. Is it because you like the number, or because it actually gives you better performance?

I use vsync, so 60.

Try playing a few games at 250 fps, imo the smoothness of the extra frames makes the game much easier and without that choppy feeling.
Thanks given by:
On the one had, newer monitors are running at 60 Hz and therefore can not display more than 60 FPS and the eye reached its perception around 60 FPS.

On the other hand, for some fps like Counter-Strike Source or AssaultCube for example, when you disable the vertical sync and that the game displays a significant number of FPS, then your mouse will become more reactive and you will come easier to aim properly.

So if you restrict this game at 60 FPS, your eye will not say anything but your aim comfort will be worst. For every frame, the game does not support only the image ...

For exemple : with 0,275 sensitivity, I can not aim properly with 60fps. I need 5 second to make 360°. With 200 fps everything is fine.

About the hitreg : something I did few months ago :

/maxfps 1000 :

/maxfps 250 :
Stable fps mean 0% hitdrop. Sometimes fps is between 249 and 250 during less than a second but it is enough and I drop few shots.

btw I can have a stable fps at 125 200 or 250 but not at 225 or 240. 250 is the higher stable fps I could get.
Thanks given by:
Here's something similar I did, and my results were shocking.

/maxfps 1000 (since I installed a brightskin mod it went down from hovering at 300-400 to 200-300) :
/maxfps 60 :
/maxfps 200 :
/maxfps 125:

As you can see with maxfps 125 I get zero unhits, because I always get a higher amount of fps. really don't see why people bother using vsync or using /maxfps 60, it's just a recipe for unhits and a shitty frame rate.

also with maxfps 125, I get a somewhat smooth performance visually in-game. Really though it's best to just cap at the highest multiple of 25 that is stable for you, this is the general rule I have observed that permits the most hitdrops.

BTW; when I set my fps to /maxfps 200, it is constantly appearing at a stable 200 but I still get unhits. I think this is because it puts strain on my CPU/graphics card or something which means for a split second, my fps drops and thereby my bullets will not hit for that split second. It has nothing to do with connection, as I tested this on a server whereby I have 21 ping.

sorry for massive post
Thanks given by:
Did they ever fix the bug where smg would have almost no spread if the framerate was capped at like 12fps?

Also, if you have the framerate really low like at 2fps, you will lag like crazy and be able to make people rage since they can't kill you, but I think this was fixed, so don't bother trying it.
Thanks given by:
reccomend 250 fps. Get 0% drops and everything stable, waddup.

btw i get unhits from anything over 60 fps.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 12, 03:22AM)Habluka Wrote: Did they ever fix the bug where smg would have almost no spread if the framerate was capped at like 12fps?

Also, if you have the framerate really low like at 2fps, you will lag like crazy and be able to make people rage since they can't kill you, but I think this was fixed, so don't bother trying it.

This wasn't fixed.
Thanks given by:
I play with range of 150-200 fps best and optimal for me 60 fps are just not write for me XD
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 12, 06:15PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: ...
Weren't brightskins supposed to be filtered in this version?
Thanks given by:
mine is capped at 250 but i might try a different multiple of 25. What servers can we use to test this? UK isnt working.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 12, 08:19PM)Mael Wrote: 60Hz display, 60fps.

^this.... even though I can get more fps, for it to not match the display frequency is just out of the question for me. ;)

Based on Vanquish' post I think I will try a new 120hz monitor though :D
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 12, 08:55PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Weren't brightskins supposed to be filtered in this version?

They are filtered; the pickups and grenades are very bright, but the actual playermodels themselves aren't bright at all. I just use them because I think a single colour (red/blue) stands out more on a lot of AC's maps, particularly the desert-themed ones. It isn't illegal to use them, since this brightskin filter was put in place.

(28 Jun 12, 09:47PM)Boomhauer Wrote: Based on Vanquish' post I think I will try a new 120hz monitor though :D

Really I recommend it! Some people, due to screen tearing problems, cannot play with /vsync 0, however I've found that I need to turn my vsync off in order to get somewhat decent fps values and thus low (or none, in my case) unhits.
Thanks given by:
why some of you are playing with vsync?
Thanks given by: