Poll: More Custom Maps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I'd like to see more HQ custom maps on public servers.
93.94%
31 93.94%
I'm not interested, I play official maps mainly.
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More Custom Maps...
(13 Jun 12, 08:53PM)Hellspell Wrote: I had the rain idea about a year ago in the ideas thread already, sorry :P

I made the rain mapmodel before then, sorry :P

Please upvote so everyone knows it was my idea. It's very important everyone knows it was me not Hellspell. These inaccuracies can not go unanswered.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 06:31AM)Xenon Wrote: If you added 20 maps into the official package, I would be so much happier. Putting 20 or so customs into the game, clans could play them in matches and instead of played depot as a final every time or shine. This could mean that clans could choose up to another 20 maps then normal and it would be really enjoyable playing different maps.

The devs are picky about adding new maps and I think they're right. Why? First of all, some official maps aren't played much anymore which is either an indicator that most players don't like them or other official maps are just overplayed and kinda suppress other nice official maps like snow or complex from being played much (another reason for that is they're not ctf maps and that's just the most played mode).

Secondly there is like an unwritten rule of AC saying that official maps are the basis for playing inters and cm's. That creates a bit of a problem cause only very few maps are both designed to work on public and competitive gameplay. So adding a lot of maps won't help since they don't cover the requirements of competitive gameplay especially.

I made a short list out of the maps I mentioned in the first post to show which ones could work as future official maps on public gameplay only or both public and private servers.

Poblic Servers only

ac_africa
ac_casa
ac_derb
ac_frost
ac_industrialisies
ac_parkour
ac_riverdry
ac_shortway
ac_village

For Both Private and Public Gameplay

ac_avenue
ac_metl3
ac_oasis
ac_terros
ac_venganza
ac_venison
ac_wasteland

Yesterday Nightmare asked me to play an inter on custom maps and I told him there are only few custom maps on which it would be fun to play an inter on. So he said I get some people and you pick the maps. So we played 2 inter games which were fun.

(12 Jun 12, 12:25PM)Bukz Wrote: None of the current official maps will ever be removed, we will be adding more official maps, but taking any out of the package is out of the question.

Why is that? For instance Rattrap: Some players say it lags besides there are way too many boxes / stuff in the way which is annoying and the map is biased towards CLA. All I'm trying to point out is you should always question things, saying no official map gets removed ever no matter what is not the way to go, think about it.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jun 12, 11:29AM)Xenon Wrote: good question tempest. I get 60% acc with smg on publics without cheating so I think 60% acc turns into a 10K/D.

you're so pro man, pro cod. pro ac.
skilled player. real pro man. sick.
omg jesus christ. so good¬!!1!!!!!

On another note, metl3 is a beautiful map, but the teleports are what make that map so awesome from the original Cube and Cube2 games, I doubt you'll be adding those for AC :|
Thanks given by:
regardless of who had the idea/model

needs to happen asap

laggy? thats just half the fun of working around it ;)
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 12, 06:43PM)Jason Wrote: On another note, metl3 is a beautiful map, but the teleports are what make that map so awesome from the original Cube and Cube2 games, I doubt you'll be adding those for AC :|

I want to play some matches on Cube1 sometime, just because I've never have had the chance to play Cube1 multiplayer.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Why is that? For instance Rattrap: Some players say it lags besides there are way too many boxes / stuff in the way which is annoying and the map is biased towards CLA. All I'm trying to point out is you should always question things, saying no official map gets removed ever no matter what is not the way to go, think about it.

Its just not right IMO to tell someone their map is going official, have it be official for a few releases, then take it out of the package because we don't like it anymore. We should have been more picky when adding rattrap in the first place if that is the case.

AC maps have tiny filesizes, and nobody forces people to play rattrap/douze/other maps some people may not like. Theres really no reason to take it out IMO.

Edit: I'm a firm believer that rattrap is only meant for round based modes, maybe even only osok/tosok. It doesn't look like it was intended for other modes anyways.
Thanks given by:
click on one side of the road area of rattrap, scroll to the other side. hit 'F'
/savemap

rage @ lagmaps.
Thanks given by:
Dont die on me...
Thanks given by:
Even though paul kinda gravedigged the thread there, I'd like to say again like Xenon posted that more maps need to be added. Think about Sauer, where there are like 4-6 pages of maps in the official list, and you can see so many of them come straight from quadropolis; imo that's thats something that could and should definitely be thought of for AC. I say the more the merrier.
Thanks given by:
Epic thread is epic, it should be stickied XD
Thanks given by:
Wolf Wrote:100+ official maps gogogo

omnomnom yes.
Thanks given by: