Why do you play Assault Cube?
It's been forever since I've come around here -- played a couple matches earlier today, and remembered why I enjoyed AC in the first place.

The speed of the game in comparison to so many others (ugh, CS), the simplicity of the gameplay coupled with a few nifty movement mechanics that are easy to learn but are hard to use 100% effectively in all match situations (some skill, but not too little to degrade interest, and not too much to drive off newcomers and casuals from having lots of fun), the active pub and clan/pickup community, and the fact that it looks decent and can run on virtually any machine.

So, why do you play AC?

Note that I also enjoy Urban Terror a LOT, I go as CaptainAhab there as well (captainahab on the forums though, I think). Once UrT HD comes out, I'd be more than happy to play there with some of you if you like. :3
Thanks given by:
Never played Assault Cube but i play another game called AssaultCube because of the gema community and seeing so much crap in just one game makes me giggle and get in a good mood (constructive criticism)
Thanks given by:
^^
The maps, the servers, the clans, the players, the mods, the guns, the fun, the lulz, the forum, the n00bs, the game and you.
Thanks given by:
Because it's half decent and free.
Thanks given by:
Because playing for oNe makes all the bitches' pussies wet.
Thanks given by:
Damn I played against you in UrT as {AK}Nightmare
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 12, 10:27PM)RealViking Wrote: Never played Assault Cube but i play another game called AssaultCube

I'm sorry, but the name can be split up as "Assault Cube" as well.
Thanks given by:
Why would you question the playment of AssaultCube?
Thanks given by:
It's free, game is good, community isn't as shitty as others I've seen.
Thanks given by:
I play because I am a BADASS BEEBOY TWO TRIPLE OH SPACE AGE HIPHOP SUPERHERO
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 12, 03:17AM)MorganKell Wrote: I play because I am a BADASS BEEBOY TWO TRIPLE OH SPACE AGE HIPHOP SUPERHERO
How much blood do you have in your alcoholstream?
Thanks given by:
Because I can't play anything else.
Thanks given by:
Because you can play on a 56k 10 mb/s internet connection.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 12, 02:19AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I'm sorry, but the name can be split up as "Assault Cube" as well.

i'm sorry but that's like calling cod6 "mw2", it's correct but not right
Thanks given by:
For the UK viewers...
[Image: roy_walker_good_not_right.jpg]
Why do I play AssaultCube? I wanted to link to a post I made about why I enjoy it, but it's on a forum I don't have access to any more :(
In essence, it's simple and fun. Horses for courses.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 12, 03:30AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(04 Jun 12, 03:17AM)MorganKell Wrote: I play because I am a BADASS BEEBOY TWO TRIPLE OH SPACE AGE HIPHOP SUPERHERO
How much blood do you have in your alcoholstream?

^ This is why I continue to play AssaultCube.
Thanks given by:
cos i can shoot my gun backwards to do all kinds of sick jumps and shit
Thanks given by:
I don't even know.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 12, 02:23PM)pweaks Wrote: I don't even know.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 12, 03:32PM)Aekom Wrote:
Thanks given by:
Because Shield is abusive
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 12:00AM)Vanqu!sh Wrote:
(04 Jun 12, 03:32PM)Aekom Wrote:

I swear I only contribute to quote spam when it's absolutely true.
Thanks given by:
shield is horribly abusive, he's made me cry.

i get so raged now whenever i play that i kinda forget why I do play sometimes. But, it's fun, simple, abusive, and loving. Community ain't half bad and the quick gameplay beats a lot of other games I've seen which keeps me interested.
Thanks given by:
not overly competitive.

tosok only groups are there, gema only groups are there, and clan groups are there.

shit for everyone.

and like kchub said; sick jumps and shit
Thanks given by:
Its FREE
Gameplay is awesome
Good community (most days)
Thanks given by:
douze
Thanks given by:
Because :

1) - No account (not like others fps...).
2) - It's free (no need to buy special/better weapons, so egality of chance to win just by skill).
3) - Opensource game (so cool for mods-playermodels-skins-maps...).
4) - Speed gameplay (It's not slowly, like others fps...).
5) - Space disk needed (only 45-50 MB !).
6) - Community (so simple and quick to report or contact persons for help).

Conclusion : LIBERTY, EGALITY and COMMUNITY !
(That why France win the previous ACWC, Haha ! jk).

PS : What will be better for the future update : More mods (example : bombs, ...), Change IA of bots ! (they are so stupid for no using nades, knife, headshot, jump, crouch...), Assist kill (It will be so nice, because that make me sad to see people who kill a player than i have already hit and coming kill...) and for finish a little message like : "Fist blood", "First kill", "First Headhsot", "Vengeance", "Multikill", "First gib" for fun, it would be a good start...
Thanks given by:
I can't.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 01:55PM)-xW-#KrAyC3* Wrote: 3) - Opensource game (so cool for mods-playermodels-skins-maps...).

you can't even modify your server or put the maps that you like in the maprot and expect it to stay reporting to the masterserver lol so much for opensource
Thanks given by:
(05 Jun 12, 03:10PM)RealViking Wrote: you can't even modify your server...
There are many modified servers reporting to the MS; they just can't have any gameplay modifications, e.g. instant respawn on command.
Quote:...or put the maps that you like in the maprot...
There are no servers banned for the type of map they have in their maprot, only the variety, i.e. only one or two maps.
Thanks given by: