AC Server and VirtualBox
Hey guys. I am running AC server on my PC and everything is ok but now i want to move it on another PC that works 24/7. The problem is that i must use virtual machine there. I chose VirtualBox and installed Linux on it. The problem i encountered is that AC server can't register at master server. It says "ping failed". And i can't connect to the server from host OS using virtual machine's local ip too. Server doesn't see network at all, but all other programms do. I tried different network settings and it didn't help at all.
What can i do to make it work in VirtualBox?
Thanks given by:
u have to port forward virtual box.
Thanks given by:
You might see if you need to set the IP manually using the -i switch. I sort've doubt that though.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure you do have to forward ports through VirtualBox. If you look in network settings for the VM in VBox it should be there.

I've had to have the network adapter of the VM set to a certain type in VBox config for some connections to work in the past (never tried AC stuff though), so try each of those, but as far as I know, Bridged should do the job.

Can you ping assault.cubers.net from within the Linux guest?
Thanks given by:
I have actually done this using VB 4.1.4 r74291 I bridged the network connection as it was easier for me to do so, this meant I did not have to configure any port forwarding as all packets seen by the host were also seen by the VM. There is a very good document describing how to do all of this I have linked it below, I would love to know why you are doing this? I use VM to run 4 different operating systems on one of my machines to test software comptability the machine in question is Win7 64 bit 8gb ram and a dual core 2.8ghz processor and its still slow. Running an AC server was so slow, i would not of used it for any length of time in that mode. You could just partition your machine install the second OS and dual boot, it would be way quicker!

anyway link below;
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html
Thanks given by:
Thanks for reply, guys!
DES|Anderson, thanks, it worked for me. I forgot to try bridged network. When i chose this mode, ac started to work normally. I must use VM because PC is not mine (this is not VPS). I want to prevent any influence on host OS and have full control at the same time - so vbox is the best choice. Vbox with running ac server on linux without graphical environment consumes 2-3% of cpu and 27 Mb of memory. Everything is fine.
Thanks given by:
Wait...Does the Virtual box can works for Mikrotik Routers?
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 12, 05:41PM)ONYX Wrote: Wait...Does the Virtual box can works for Mikrotik Routers?

Don't quote me but a router is just a router, it doesn't really matter who makes it they all work the same way, some have more features than others but all should have basic features like port forwarding (altho it will probably have a different name i.e. belkin call it virtual servers). So I'm assuming that virtualbox will work with your router, if I'm wrong someone will correct me :)
Thanks given by: