Poll: Will you want to play the AC Olympics?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.00%
8 40.00%
No
60.00%
12 60.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

To ACWC players...
Hi all, Ive been suggesting this in a few threads, but I need to know for sure.
Quote:AC Olympics is a tourney to determine who is good in other skills in AC, rather than only shooting.
I have suggested 10 categories, which combine rifle sprinting, map knowledge, shooting skills, jumping... (feel free to add your own! XD)
As there are some requisites, its my idea for this "tourney" to be played by ACWC signed teams, in the meantime of the matches, and as an added feature that would be fun both to the players and the stream watchers.
Original thread
Are you guys interested in this or its just a nuisance?
Thanks!
Thanks given by:
I'm interested, and willing to participate
Thanks given by:
(06 May 12, 01:46PM)Vermi Wrote: I'm interested, and willing to participate

Same
Thanks given by:
I'm interested in what exactly will be these "Olympics" and how you will organize them, though until that happens I don't think we'll see the ACWC and Olympics happening at the same time.
Thanks given by:
Sure I'm interested, but personally I wouldn't want this associated with acwc, and make it a different event.
Thanks given by:
(06 May 12, 05:00PM)Mr.OpTic Wrote: I wouldn't want this associated with acwc, and make it a different event.

ikr
Thanks given by:
(06 May 12, 04:44PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I'm interested in what exactly will be these "Olympics" and how you will organize them, though until that happens I don't think we'll see the ACWC and Olympics happening at the same time.
Well, I have tried to explain it in numerous occasions. You can see the original thread in the link above, there I explain the categories and the requisites.

The categories are based in everyday situations that happen when you play AC (for example, the backwards jumping course in ac_douze comes from lss matches, where you have to be able to know where you are jumping, even if you do it backwards [I also wanted to put ac_desert cla window entrance but there arent many jumps there]).
Now, in the mater of organization, there are very few requisites , one being players willing to participate, two being a referee to see that conditions are followed and three a stream so people see the competition, and ACWC fills those nicely, IMO.
I yet have to talk to the people streaming the ACWC because maybe it wont be fun to stream... maybe the categories arent competitive enough or dont ring the right bell in players, thats why I beg of you that if you have any idea regarding the competition (like the nade jump suggested in another thread, thx ;3) please tell.
I , again, beg all of you to try to bring new ideas to keep this alive, like Wolfs and Optics who dont see this happening along ACWC, which will have to be considered as it might not be that good an option as I think it is!
Thanks given by:
It would be monumentally difficult to coordinate this between ACWC games. Not trying to be a negative nancy, but it's hard enough coordinating 2 teams of 4-5 people, a ref, and the casting team. Of course it could be done, but you'd have to ask people individually when the time comes (i.e. pming casters like skb/aekom well in advance and myself if you want commentary). However, it seems that you have people interested in doing it, so it's just a matter of how organized you are and want it to be. The more information about times/places you give it out, the more likely you will succeed. It's just like running a tournament or business, get your logistics sorted and it will all goes smooth as butter.
Thanks given by:
what stunts would be done? just depending on what official maps allow you to do?, how could those jumps would be judged to define a winner?, or simply how to know if has been done right? would this be team based? or just a player vs player stunt competition?

yep, i noticed the amount of questions, and probably there are more, but it simply won't work if you are not able to have something done.

here my suggestions

i think you should forget about using official maps, not only because those maps are not designed for this kind of things but also cause you won't have much freedom to think about what kind of jumps/tricks you want to put on the competition as you only will have what official map gives you.

my suggestion would be, that you (and some others) make maps just for this whole event, making the challenges as you please, trying to add any trick jump, edge jump, ledge jump, sprint jumping, i don't know, even a racetrack mode where players would race using his AR.

every map would have a challenge and players must perform correctly the stunts, if this is 1vs1 , by flipping the coin to see who starts, every player have 3 attempts to perform the challenge correctly before is the other player's turn.

depending on the amount of players on this event you could define the brackets, every round having a different map, and trying to not make things repetitive.

now this being a new idea i would suggest to not really get ambitious and make it simply a 1v1 event, and if things work out you may have enough players the next event as people would know more about it.

i can't think on how would you define the winner tho, maybe checking demos or having referees for every challenge would do.

/2¢
Thanks given by:
@Waffles,thanks, that is a very helpful post! Ill be in touch with you guys in the future, because I like butter! XD
@Stranz, mmm, I chose Official maps because they are much more appealing to the community, and thats why its called Official Ac Olympics. I want ALL the community to be involved and Ive found over time that working with official maps gets more attention.
By your post I assume you didnt take a look at the original thread where I try to explain the categories and how they will be counted upon a possible final outcome:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5259.html
Its supposed to be player based, but in my try to merge with ACWC I also though of it being team based.
On the other hand, what you suggest is , IMO, more difficult to attract players to.
Its a great idea, and MUST be done, but I find having the maps already set makes things more easy (for me at least, my mapping skills are minus zero, XD).
For example, MykeGregory suggested a race, with a map full of ammo boxes featuring a loooooong corridor, and I have the "high jump" map already done, but , I think this fits best to gema related things, and in this place thats a taboo, so, again, thats why I keep trying to do it in official maps.
But Custom AC olympics with just 2 or 3 categories, few players and then posting demos here can be a very much fun thing to do so I wont rule it out!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, greatly appreciated!
Edit: Im moving to Canada in the next few weeks, so things might look, or even be, suspended, but you can always pm me for getting info or suggestions! Ill be working in the shadows!
Thanks given by:
(07 May 12, 01:23AM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Edit: Im moving to Canada in the next few weeks, so things might look, or even be, suspended, but you can always pm me for getting info or suggestions! Ill be working in the shadows!

An early welcome to Canada! Whereabouts you headed?

Btw, looking forward to both the ACWC and AC Olympics. I'm unlikely participating in either, but it's fun watching a big AC community event (:
Thanks given by:
(07 May 12, 09:36AM)RCJD Wrote: An early welcome to Canada! Whereabouts you headed?

Im a soon to be Québécois, and Ill be living in Sainte Adele for work reasons! XD
Thanks given by:
Buhhja, sure i want to see how this olimpics will be going! :D
Thanks given by: