LAAAAAAAGG!!
Observe... The pure lethal lag!

hey PERROS, V61.
:D!

I was robbed of a flag there!
Thanks given by:
lol yes!
Thanks given by:
if he wasn't lagging, u would have been shot before the wall.

so no matter what his ping was, u would have died anyway
Thanks given by:
Bending them bullets like Wanted
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 12, 12:41AM)kingCHUBBY Wrote: if he wasn't lagging, u would have been shot before the wall.

so no matter what his ping was, u would have died anyway

This is true in this case, but not always.

Lag aims to give the same time to both players to kill one another but in a few tests it doesn't appear to always.

With high pings, being the first to come round a corner is a huge advantage because for whatever the total pings are your opponent won't be able to react to you and dodge shots whereas you can start dodging at the very beginning of when they see you.

Then you have the fact that lag often allows stalemates which is clearly wrong.

In this case there's still a disadvantage in the fact that MykeGregory will respawn later than he should.

The worst part of all this is that it absolutely doesn't even itself out if your opponents know how to abuse their lag (such as corner baiting, using laggers to defend, etc...).
Thanks given by:
Heads up.
Thanks given by:
Mad SkillZ.
Thanks given by:
Your moms a flag.
Thanks given by:
AimTeabag!
Thanks given by:
Lag makes small children go rogue.

EDIT: After watching the video (5 minutes later) What is being seen is the servers view of what happened. From your end you were clearly around the wall but from PERROS's end he got that headshot on you before you turned. This is AC. It is how the game works yet it still beats most other online FPS. Laggers Rejoice. I know I will.
Thanks given by:
This is why you pay for a good connection: AssaultCube starts working for you :)
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
I did this the other day. I don't think mine was lag though. :(
Thanks given by:
funny how you stop moving and look around like you can't believe it. ^^
Thanks given by:
@ jamz that happens quite often. There are many hits eventho you obviously shoot at a wall
Thanks given by:
I remember on the 1.0 when we could see hitboxes that some of them were able to see trought walls on some maps.
Thanks given by:
Game brags about running great on dial-up then lags 2mb/s+ internet that Myke has
:O
false advertising.
Thanks given by:
(02 May 12, 11:40AM).ExodusS* Wrote: I remember on the 1.0 when we could see hitboxes that some of them were able to see trought walls on some maps.

/dbghbox 1 You could see them through walls occasionally only at random times
Thanks given by:
(02 May 12, 12:24PM)Nightmare Wrote: Game brags about running great on dial-up then lags 2mb/s+ internet that Myke has
:O
false advertising.
It ran great on dial-up before 1.1
Thanks given by:
get used to it myke l0l
Thanks given by: