ACstats is growing up
Hi there, fellow cubers.

So I'm about to start upgrading the back end part of ACstats, which opens up opportunity for more stuff to be tracked. If you have any ideas use this form. I will be looking at the spreadsheet, so please post in your ideas in the thread (in addition to the form) only if you want them to be discussed. This way there will be a better signal to noise ratio.

Current ideas I have: player activity plot (global and per server), team wins on a map (might do this match mode only), ip+cdefs+name database. Also, I'll be changing kill graph to a one that shows time instead; no clue as to why I used kills in the first place.

So yeah, it's your turn now. :>
Thanks given by:
I can see why you might want to do team wins/map in match mode only, but how about total flags/frags per team per match, i.e. don't switch a player's frags to the other team just because he switched. This should still give a good sense of map balance.
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 12, 02:27PM)jamz Wrote: how about total flags/frags per team per match, i.e. don't switch a player's frags to the other team just because he switched. This should still give a good sense of map balance.

This would be very nice to have, and perhaps show it with varying numbers of players. It would give some decent ammunition to those who complain certain maps are unfair.

Is it possible to find the number of kills per weapon type on each map, or would that require a server mod?
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 12, 02:27PM)jamz Wrote: how about total flags/frags per team per match, i.e. don't switch a player's frags to the other team just because he switched. This should still give a good sense of map balance.
Hm, if I keep both there will be inconsistency later on, I suppose I should go with persistent kills. Why is that not default AC behaviour, btw. :<

(26 Apr 12, 05:39PM)Bloodsport Wrote: Is it possible to find the number of kills per weapon type on each map, or would that require a server mod?
It's already a server mod. However, having that would only highlight the current gun "popularity" and I don't think it would offer any insight besides "oh look most people use AR". Do prove me wrong.
Thanks given by:
Then perhaps divide by the number of people using that gun. However, that would probably still highlight that the "best" players all use AR. Perhaps you could go one step further and normalise by the distribution of weapon use in all maps. So you would get something like (kills_AR/minutes_AR_use)/(total_kills_AR/total_mins_AR_use) where kills_AR would be all the kills with the AR on a particular map, minutes_AR_use would be the amount of time the AR was used on that map summed across all players, total_kills_AR is the total for all maps, and total_mins_AR_use is also summed across all maps. I haven't thought this through too carefully, but I think it should give the balances of each weapon on each map relative to the overall imbalance.

I hope that makes sense :D
Thanks given by:
Thanks everyone who submitted ideas, I appreciate that.

While they are interesting, I would like to direct them to two domains. Since I'm making a page on map statistics, which is match only. I realised have no idea what competitive people would want from ACstats. On top of that, I would like to make ACstats more server host friendly, so in that regard I will try to implement some of the down to earth suggestions. So basically it's:
  • As a competitive person, what would you like to see tracked in your match performance; (maybe there's something match specific i just don't see)
  • What would you like to see for map trivia(?) for matches;
  • Imagine you have your server contributing to ACstats, what info would you like to see collected on your server?
Thinking is hard and I kind of don't want to overlook things, that's why I'm trying to crowd-source the new feature list. Something obvious to you may not be obvious to me or anyone else.

I'll repeat myself, I may miss your suggestion if it's posted in the thread (if suddenly flames.) Use this thread for discussion and post your ideas to this form so it's visible (at least) to me. And now if you'll excuse me, I have a new back end to start redoing.

P.S. Should I merge match data to the main entry or keep it stand-alone?
Thanks given by:
I hope lots of people contribute, but that it doesnt become overwhelming! XD
Good luck and thanks!
Thanks given by: