scripts buggering up AC
i tried to use a mod.
nadetimer mod to be exact.
it told me to use a scripts folder.
and a mods folder.
i looked for days upon days for information about these.
found some.
it was a half completed post because it was continued on PM.
so the mods folder was lost on me.
i figured it would be same as scripts folder.
apparently i was wrong.
now, when i open AC it spams my wall talky bar saying:
unknown command: if_conline_list.
i know this because, even though i deleted AC + installed it many times,
it says, when i scope, could not load nade timer... so and so.
i promise never to use damned mods or scripts again if this is fixed.
scripts are buggering up AC.
that is all.
Thanks given by:
I would take this post more seriously, but you didn't capitalize your i's.
Thanks given by:
(24 Apr 12, 03:27PM)gambino Wrote: I would take this post more seriously, but you didn't capitalize your i's.

Posts like these are unnecessary. If you're trying to look clever in front of others, why not help OP instead?

@Spicy_Orange1, if you're not bothered about running any more scripts, I would suggest deleting config/saved.cfg and starting again.
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing this script needs V-Mans tools.cfg script.

get it @ http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=723

//RR Edit: I need to update those, iirc they are outdated. Link to the akimbo page and I'll update my mirror soon enough.
Thanks given by:
nah you're problem is understandable... i think uninstalling ac wouldn't delete (or you intended to keep it) saved.cfg
ac is so smart that beside the actuall script it copies the whole thing into saved.cfg eventhough you have the same script in autoexec.cfg or w/e
deleting it should workout the problem :)
Thanks given by:
saved.cfg? is that in the config folder?
and Billybob, i ahd tools.cfg, but it didnt seem to help
but can someone help with mods and scripts folder, that actually makes it understandable?
cos the post i looked at was halfwritten, because as i said, they PMed
and also that guide to all operating systems thingy (im linux) was no help at all..
im not a proggrammer or anything liekt hat so i understand none of it..
thanks Aekom, Billybob and Milandrag xD
Thanks given by:
The 'mods' folder you are looking for is probably the AC home folder. Your 'config' folder should be inside that, and should contain your saved.cfg. If you are on linux, the path probably will look like "~/.assaultcube_v1.1/config/saved.cfg".
The scripts folder isn't automatically created, but you can set one up if you like (I recommend doing so).
Thanks given by:
nah i found a good thing that showed very clearly how to do it.. is it the same for mods though?
and the saved.cfg wasnt in share drive, so thats why i was confused.. all sorted now though :)
Thanks given by: