ac_estancia
Hello everyone, i made a map with some textures, sounds and skymaps created for me.
I'll leave the link mediafire because I could not post Akimbo/vault.
As for the sound of the video is not the same map because I edited after I posted the video and realized that they were repetitive and that the volume is high.

Download Mediafire

Download Akimbo
Thanks given by:
LOVE the skymap
Thanks given by:
Looks great, good job!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys!
Thanks given by:
Nice choice of textures! I like it
Just one thing, try to add more details inside, it kinda looks "empty". Besides that, Gj!
Thanks given by:
-Looks cool in the video!

-But the license suck!:(
can't use textures?

Well... map looks good though!

-well well :)

i never use textures any way unless they are implemented in AC. -So that won't bother me :)
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 12, 07:06PM)shad-99 Wrote: i never use textures any way unless they are implemented in AC.

in this case it is definately worth it. there are some awesome textures created for this map (red bricks, various boxes, floor inside the buildings). i like the overall layout, but didn't play it yet. there is only one thing to say, that is the skymap (which is great). it doesn't really fit to the textures and lightening of the map. :)
go on creating new stuff (i use your scope and loading screen btw and love ac_frontline). great job, Stüpp.
Thanks given by:
Well it's a shame really.. I think this game should have some form of patch to install for easier use of installing models and textures.

Well i can only imagine that only dedicated mappers use this textures and models. -Not the common players.. -to messy to install i guess? -Don't know?

I certainly don't use it?.. -when no one else is?.. (you know what i mean).. the (majority of players) don't ?

So i guess most of us will wait until that textures (not stupps) but other fancy texture are implemented :)
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 12, 08:11PM)shad-99 Wrote: ...you know what i mean...

yeah. :) that's a problem, but if i'm not totally wrong, i saw a dev's statement in the forums that they are working on it. :)
Thanks given by:
i like how the map flows, some places on the map seem to be empty and dark but it doesn't hinder the layout greatly.
Also there are pretty nice textures, very refreshing to the eye, also that little back alley right to CLA base and a bit further ahead there's an empty dark room which has 2 windows next to a nice looking small roof.

overall it was a pretty nice looking map, good job.
Thanks given by:
Wow, this looks like a really nice map.
And I'm a moderator on Akimbo, so I can upload the map for you, if you want?
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 12, 09:25PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Wow, this looks like a really nice map.
And I'm a moderator on Akimbo, so I can upload the map for you, if you want?

Yes, I would be grateful!

I know few will play this map, i only played with bots.
One day maybe in the future i will make an official version with textures, i know that few will play this map, even i only played with bots.
The map is a bit empty, but it is huge and it took so long to do it lacked creativity in some things. :)
Thanks given by:
(13 Apr 12, 08:11PM)shad-99 Wrote: Well it's a shame really.. I think this game should have some form of patch to install for easier use of installing models and textures.
Well, a future version (not likely the next one though) will have automatic content downloading. Until then, it would really help if people packaged their content correctly, since that allows people to simply unpack the zip into the AC root or home directory and everything should work.
Thanks given by:
Realy nice map,Stüpp. Good job! :)
Thanks given by:
http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1124

Here you go :)
Thanks given by:
Lol, maybe you should mention that this is Stüpp's map :D
Quote:ac_estancia
Post by Dementium4ever on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:18 pm
----
Hello everyone, i made a map [...]
Thanks given by:
Oh, I didn't even noticed this. Thanks tempest, I changed it now..
Thanks given by:
Nice job Stüpp fine looking textures and cool details at some points. Just want to point out 3 things:
1) There are a pine tree and a palm growing in the same ground thats special ^^
2) The stars in the skymap look a bit dodgy
3) For the layout, there are some ways that arent necessary in my idea this one for instance: And yes, its shit that maps like this wont be played online because of the custom content. Dont let that scare you off though XD
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 12, 11:10AM)YesWeCamp Wrote: Nice job Stüpp fine looking textures and cool details at some points. Just want to point out 3 things:
1) There are a pine tree and a palm growing in the same ground thats special ^^
2) The stars in the skymap look a bit dodgy
3) For the layout, there are some ways that arent necessary in my idea this one for instance: And yes, its shit that maps like this wont be played online because of the custom content. Dont let that scare you off though XD
In my country pine and palm coexist!
:D

(14 Apr 12, 09:23PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: http://www.akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1124

Here you go :)
Thank you very much Dementium.
Thanks given by: