Requiem for AC
So you think the 50 most experienced ACers will be able to reach some sort of agreement on balance? ;) We already have 34 pages of discussion on the balance thread, and from what I can see, pretty much the only thing (almost) everyone agrees on is that things need to change.
Thanks given by:
Ahh yes but you cant change that whole thread into data so you need some sort of survey then average the data and get opinions.
About Demo: Im gonna have to write the stuff out or something. Timing is hard to do.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 12, 07:00PM)tempest Wrote:
  • Balance is kind of stuck
  • Anti-cheat
  • The demo tutorial is broken
That's it, basically. Yeah, and testing ofc.
But you are all more than welcome to get the SVN version, have a look, test things etc.
svn co https://actiongame.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/actiongame/trunk/ac assaultcube-svn

have you guys ever thought of putting new features in? ones that arnt five line changes of code
Thanks given by:
AC dead ?

@ no, its you :)

jk ;)

My dream : AC 1.0.4 + Anticheat + Carabine (for more weapons) :D

Or

Masterserver in AC 0.93 / 1.0 / 1.1 for all players who want play in his favourite version xD

And everybody is happy ! :P
Thanks given by:
@undead
have you ever developed in old software ? i had to make some changes in software from year 2000 (VB6). And i was scary as shit over toilet not to generate hidden bugs. You have probably no idea what it is to work with old code and so crappy commented as in AC. I admire dev's invested time and no fear from hidden bugs. i use one rule: don't touch to working code and filter such requests in analyze. It easy to add function but not to modify existing. I don't see unit tests and so on, it is difficult to test even these stupid 5 lines.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 12, 09:26PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: Ahh yes but you cant change that whole thread into data so you need some sort of survey then average the data and get opinions.
Yes, that's why we're planning to either release one or more betas, or release and then quickly push another release as needed.

(04 Apr 12, 09:42PM)Undead Wrote: have you guys ever thought of putting new features in? ones that arnt five line changes of code
Actually, yes. Automatic content downloading is almost done, UTF-8 is halfway implemented, and some other things like the bunch of new cubescript commands, multiple selections, and much improved bot functionality were also sliiightly more than 5 lines of code.

@Alien: AC's code is still relatively clean, but you're right, there is a ton of potential hidden bugs, which is why seemingly simple fixes and additions take lots of time.

Thanks given by:
Ok, that was a silly idea from me...
Thanks given by:
It's been dead to me for ages, but that happens to anyone who's acquaintances stop playing. It's not dead to the new players, but when you can list as many fondly thought of people as I can who have stopped playing you realise that the most fun part of AC wasn't jumping off stupidly high towers, or even spawn killing an entire server with a single grenade. It was fragging, or even just public chatting with the first people you got to know in the game.
At least that's the reason for how I feel, I hardly care that I can now only jump off pathetic excuses for towers and gib just myself at the start of a round of SMALL_ASS_CHAMBER.
Perhaps I should have had less hac- cheaters as acquaintances. Ah hell no, they were the most fun.
Thanks given by:
When my liver gives out and I am forced from drinking into sobriety I will learn how to code an I will learn how to code GOOD. In the meantime be satisfied with a drunk MK that will bring the awesomeness as bad as he can. I am getting a laptop in the next two weeks. Yea yea desktops better, my living situation points to a lappy so :p. but I will be on soon and I will drag girlies all day long! Hahahahahahahahahaahaha!! Y'all got nothing on me!! Y'all thinking this game is dead... pfft! AC will never die as long as the Kell is here!!!
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 12, 10:02PM)Alien Wrote: @undead
have you ever developed in old software ? i had to make some changes in software from year 2000 (VB6).
lol

hey i'm more than aware but just because the devs have some slight hiccups doesn't mean they can't add new cool stuff. it just feels like they're doing it as a chore rather than as something they enjoy.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 12, 10:17AM)Andrez Wrote:
(04 Apr 12, 03:28AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: [...] i think we should be kinda proud to be games that dont game every waking moment :)
I don't really understand this bit, but now and before I have and had a (private? Real?) life and I don't think it's about this... :/

lol EDIT: i think we should be proud to be gamers (not games) that dont play every waking moment
Thanks given by:
(05 Apr 12, 08:37AM)Undead Wrote: it just feels like they're doing it as a chore rather than as something they enjoy.

I'm sorry, but I completely agree with this.
Thanks given by:
I've always been willing to help and LEARN how to do the shit ya gotta do to dev this game but no ones ever cared to teach me how. It's not like I came over from some crappy game like cs or sauer, I am an ACer born and bred. Y'all worried bout my psychoticness, y'all worried about my crazy crazy anti this anti that old school rep that green eggs and ham, and the cat in the hat... but what ya never realized that having someone with such a diehard love that he'd get hammered and rage on shimmies without Awesomeness is a blessing. Take that persons gaming Epic Style Throwdown and cultivate it instead of kicking it to the curb!

shimmy shimmy
Thanks given by:
(10 Apr 12, 05:57AM)MorganKell Wrote: bre[a]d.

green eggs and ham

[with] shimmy shimmy [on the side]

perfect ac breakfast
Thanks given by:
(10 Apr 12, 05:57AM)MorganKell Wrote: I've always been willing to help and LEARN how to do the shit ya gotta do to dev this game but no ones ever cared to teach me how. It's not like I came over from some crappy game like cs or sauer, I am an ACer born and bred. Y'all worried bout my psychoticness, y'all worried about my crazy crazy anti this anti that old school rep that green eggs and ham, and the cat in the hat... but what ya never realized that having someone with such a diehard love that he'd get hammered and rage on shimmies without Awesomeness is a blessing. Take that persons gaming Epic Style Throwdown and cultivate it instead of kicking it to the curb!

shimmy shimmy

have you ever thought of becoming an mc?
Thanks given by:
MorganKell learn C++ and cubescript.
Thanks given by:
AC is not dead... it is just waiting for the Devs.

[Image: 1451223a_skeleton-computer2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
AC y u so dead?!?!
Been here for a year and a half, and have yet to see any update for the game. :'(
Played Combat Arms for a few months before moving to ac. In that time alone, there were several releases, and each of those had more content than Assault Cube does as a whole game.
"bla bla devs don't get paid, except for the $1,000,000 seen on the donations page."
No excuses. <3
Thanks given by: