best mouse sensitivity number
should i use 2.0 or 3.0
Thanks given by:
Should depend on your mouse & it's non-ac sensitivity, then whatever feels most comfortable.
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 12, 03:15AM)Nightmare Wrote: Should depend on your mouse & it's non-ac sensitivity, then whatever feels most comfortable.
oh i have it at default. 6 out of 11 on windows mouse settings
Thanks given by:
I've used 7 since 1.0 on every computer I've used with every mouse I'm used
Thanks given by:
btw dont use sensitivity 1000 or ...

[Image: 116.jpg]

... prepare to get banned :p
Thanks given by:
I use 6. It works well for my trackpad.
Thanks given by:
/sensitivity 7
/smoothmove 100
/fov 100
/vsync 0
/maxfps 200

happy fragging.
Thanks given by:
I use 0.16 or 0.17.

If I snipe I like to use 0.19 or 0.18.
Thanks given by:
There is no definitive, specific answer, since the actual amount moved depends not only on the in-game sensitivity, but the resolution (DPI) of the mouse and any adjustment that the OS is making. Also, you may prefer a lower sensitivity if you want greater accuracy over small distances, or higher sensitivity if you want to aim very quickly with smaller hand movements. Some players play without moving their hands at all, just their fingers, so they have higher sensitivities than those who are happy to move their entire arm over their 2ft² mouse mat.
See if /findsens helps you.
Thanks given by:
I use 7/8(: On every games too.
Thanks given by:
With my current mouse, 0.9 sets me up dandy!
1000 dpi mouse.
Thanks given by:
Relatively low-sens gamer reporting in.

0.2125 @ 3200dpi
Thanks given by:
WShat is smoothmouse?
Thanks given by:
I got 0.85 @ 800 DPI
Thanks given by:
10.0 :o
Thanks given by:
.9 to 1.3 with the mouse that came with my laptop
Thanks given by:
0.30 for scope
Thanks given by:
... Erm... fucking 5.8 over here
Thanks given by:
if you are looking for suggestions on what sensitivities others use, it is useless saying your in game value. there are many acceleration variables on different systems and people have different base sensitivities to begin with.

a good way to compare would be to turn off all acceleration (by disabling windows enhanced pointer precision and using a fix [mark the c's mousefix on windows http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.co.uk/20...lder.html])

then once that is done you can measure the amount of cm it takes on your mousepad to move 360 degrees in game. for example, it takes me 32.4cm to move 360 degrees.

- tangent: example website.

maybe someone can set up a site like the following that works out cm/360 so people can share that, i admit its a bit of a pet peeve of mine and i don't have the technical skills to do it. but maybe it can be useful for others.

to change quake sens to ac sens the formula is:
quake sens * m_yaw * 33

----for quake sens only----
http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm

anyone want to make a version of this for ac?

tl;dr:
play with what *you* are most comfortable with

thank you to tenshi for the quake-ac sens conversion formula.
Thanks given by:
Jesus christ am I the only one with 21.5 No joke
Thanks given by:
6-10 with 120 fov
Thanks given by:
[Image: 2mBoc.jpg]
[Image: kbxAE.png]
Thanks given by:
3500dpi mouse, comp mouse speed at max, ac at 0.4 or less.
Thanks given by:
Gaming mice; let’s face it it’s cruel. It’s hard to think of a more abused species. If they’re not filling them full of toxins in various labs, we’re banging them about on our gaming mats and then blaming them for our poor in game performance.

They are sensitive, way too sensitive for the heavy handed treatment they get. Now it seems we want to make them more sensitive still. Well my mouse has a feckin heart attack and its eyes spin round in its poor wee head every time I make a fast turn as it is; prolly be sick all over the keyboard if it’s sensitivity was increased.

I’m in favor of a complete change tbh; lets start using rats. Okay, they’re nothing like as sensitive but aggressive…wow..way past yer ordinary mouse and as tough as feck. I can pick a rat off the mouse pad, do a 360 an press both its ears while slamming it back down in fire mode and it doesn’t bat an eye lid. Add to this rats don’t scurry off at the first smell of cheese an I reckon we could be on to a winner.

Give mice a break I say, use rats.
Thanks given by:
^^^
Thanks given by:
As a rule of thumb: if you have a low DPI mice you will porblably aim/play better with high sense, if you have a fancy gaming mice with sky hig DPI a low sense is the way to go. Unsless of course you're one of those dudes that do not comply to rules of thumb.
Thanks given by:
http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

:>
Thanks given by:
holyfuckingtoast that's a nice mouse

ontopic: As said before, it's really matter of what mouse you have and, more importantly, personal preference. I usually play around the 4-5 range, though. Haven't played with scope sensitivity yet.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 12, 01:21AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

:>

$99.99 o_O. People have to be idiot to buy such a sh**
1000 fps, 5600 dpi and all that crazy stuff make things really unbalanced with normal gamers.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 12, 04:11AM)Edward Wrote: $99.99 o_O. People have to be idiot to buy such a sh**
1000 fps, 5600 dpi and all that crazy stuff make things really unbalanced with normal gamers.

hey now if you can't beat em join em. I play with a cheap $22 wireless mouse and it works fine. Mice are the one area you can truly customize and I have no problem facing higher moused players. Size doesn't matter. :). It's your in game knowledge and how you use that mouse that matters. Let them buy sexiest shit they want. I'll still frag them ALL.

Thanks given by: