About the recent cases of autoban (AC1.1)
I deeply apologize.

There was a bug in the server code: if the z of the shot was negative, the server was making it zero. Since the x and y cannot take negative numbers, I thought the same would happen to z. This would be just an visual "mis-effect" if the hitbox and direction checks did not use this vector.
So, every time a player was hitting at a negative z value, in the logs were possible to see:
"suspect sniper hit", "suspect hitbox", "target direction mismatch", "suspect hit"... and so on. This happened only in some maps (mostly in the positions where the floor had negative z).

The second issue was that the speedhack detector is working flawless even when the player is lagging.... but I never thought what happened if the server lags. I analyzed this (indirectly thanks to stef) and found that if the server lags, it thinks all players are speedhacking.

Now we are taking into consideration these facts, so, in the next update I do not believe we will have people being autobanned.

If we had more people testing before the release, probably we would not have these misfortunes...
Anyway we found it and fixed it, so all can I do now is apologize.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the amendments. Lets just hope for the next release everything works as it should and we finally have a great anticheat :) gj Brahma.
Thanks given by:
GG Brahma ;)
Thanks given by:
By any chance, did you use these methods to catch players in 1.0.x, or was that something completely different? Just asking.
Thanks given by:
:| apology not accepted.

I happened to faint miraculously a second before getting auto banned. So, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about >.>

But good to know about the update :) I always wondered why I suddenly fainted.
Thanks given by:
I happened to faint miraculously a second before getting auto banned. So, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about >.>
Thanks Brahma!
I never got hurt by this, but I know it existed. Thank you so much. When is the release :D
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 03:52AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Thanks Brahma!
I never got hurt by this, but I know it existed. Thank you so much. When is the release :D

Same here, gj brahma
Thanks given by:
Look at the timestamps .. the original post is nearly 2 months old - that fix has already been incorporated into the 1.1.0.1 release.
Thanks given by:
Thus the "gj".
Thanks given by:
That must be why I never experienced any trouble!
Thanks given by: