Snoosnoo and Halo's Map Reviews
Snoosnoo and myself have started a weekly map review. For the time being it is still just a forum section on our site. However, if we get some regular viewers we will expand to bigger and better things. Like maybe a section on akimbo, or even videos. It all depends on how big it gets or if its just a waste of time. So far we have reviewed ac_forgotten by YesWeCamp and ac_whirlwind by z3r0. We will be doing reviews of people that aren't in Paradox Infinity, it was just easier for us to have people that approved of us reviewing their map first before we venture out and try other maps. We also take request, rather it be your map or not, you can do that here. Sorry for the inconvenience of having to sign up to our forums to make a request. We hope everyone gets some enjoyment out of our reviews and it helps some mappers out. We look forward to future reviews and hopefully having this grow to be something good, positive, and helpful.

List of reviews:
ac_forgotten by YesWeCamp
ac_whirlwind by Z3r0
ac_sewage by kleinkariert
ac_unfrozen by Nightmare
ac_estancia and ac_frontline by Stupp*
Thanks given by:
Hey Halo! :)
I would recommend that you create a weekly youtube show on map reviews with annoying editing with your fabulous face very visible reviewing maps.

Your Most Loyal Fan,
Victor
Thanks given by:
Review MEGATOWERS_REWIND
Thanks given by:
Wow, great! Looking forward to read more of ´em!
Ill ask some A class mappers to submit their work! (XD)
Thanks given by:
Lol, you should start by official ones, then some contest maps.
Thanks given by:
can u review ac_winteryfactory, from the mapping contest
Thanks given by:
(16 Mar 12, 10:49PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Lol, you should start by official ones, then some contest maps.

Let me clear this up for future reference. I am not totally against reviewing maps of the more well known artist but I'd rather that be a last resort. I want to review the new mappers and help them to understand things more by doing so. What is the point of reviewing successful, official maps? They are already added to the package and thus is an example of how a "good" map should look and/or play. Reviewing people like YesWeCamp and Z3r0 help them to understand map making and learn things for future projects.

Thanks given by:
Epic. Halo rips apart the maps to teach what is wrong, right, improve-able, etc.
Then Snoosnoo is nicer and makes the mapper feel less ripped after reading Halo's review.
Good mix. <3
Thanks given by:
I'm not that bad, I am trying to be nice and constructive on this. But its always good to have Snoosnoo be lovable and friendly just in case, eh?
Thanks given by:
Here's my meta-review:
I thought the review was very nice (I only read the first one). It seemed to be the right amount of construction and criticism.
In addition to helping the mapper find what they did right and wrong, these reviews are good for giving new mappers more exposure. I often see people posting maps, but I usually only download them if I know they will be worth my time. It is not easy to tell if it will be good from just a few screenshots, and of course every mapper will say their map is beautiful, so it is good to have an impartial and experienced judge to look over the map and give you their opinion.

I am looking forward to more reviews!
Thanks given by:
That's the sort of direction we would like to go, Lantry. Popularising those that are making maps that are worthwhile. Our reviews are intended to get mappers that aren't making official maps already since they've already reached the high standard of mapping. (GG exoduss.) Besides, the only use of reviewing an official map is to divide the players on our opinion.

As for our reviews, we're looking for both asthetic and physical flaws. That being said, flaws such as pickups, spawns and layouts can't really be shown in a screenshot. We'll try to not just stick with asthetic so mappers can understand more of everything <3

Thanks for YOUR reviews of OUR reviews. xD
Thanks given by:
"Today on AC Cribs...."
Thanks given by:
lol woolly. if it ever reaches the video aspect, i'd love to be involved to run through maps and talk about gameplay/aesthetics. If you're looking for help, just let me know and i'll do what i can.
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 12, 11:28AM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Thanks for YOUR reviews of OUR reviews. xD
I could go further. And I will.
(17 Mar 12, 12:13AM)Nightmare Wrote: Epic. Halo rips apart the maps to teach what is wrong, right, improve-able, etc.
Then Snoosnoo is nicer and makes the mapper feel less ripped after reading Halo's review.
Good mix. <3
I think you could've used better words, like instead of writing 'less ripped' in your second line, maybe something like 'better about themselves'.
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 12, 11:34AM)Woolly Wrote: "Today on AC Cribs...."

anyone willing to put me up in a mansion when we do mine?
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 12, 06:17AM)Orynge Wrote: ...
I shall go one further in my meta-meta-meta-review.
I find your disturbing lack of excess usage of the prefix meta- disturbing.
A meta-meta-review reviewing a meta-review should always contain vast explosions of meta-abuse.
Poker? I 'aven't met 'er!

@topic: I like this idea a lot. I can see it helping out beginning, experienced, and in-between mappers greatly.
Good luck! :D
Thanks given by:
(20 Mar 12, 11:57AM)Frogulis Wrote: I shall go one further in my meta-meta-meta-review.
A meta-meta-review reviewing a meta-review should always contain vast explosions of meta-abuse.

Here's my meta-meta-meta-meta-review.(?) Anyway, I find your consistant use of meta unappealing to read. I disagree strongly with your point you posted in your meta-meta-meta-review that the lack of the use of meta is disturbing. I find the term 'meta' being repeated so heavily displeasing, and there should certainly be no meta-bomb.

The conclusion of my meta-meta-meta-meta-review. STOP USING META.

Thanks given by:
What you guys wrote:
(21 Mar 12, 03:54PM)Snoosnoo Wrote:
(20 Mar 12, 11:57AM)Frogulis Wrote: I shall go one further in my meta-meta-meta-review.

Here's my meta-meta-meta-meta-review.(?) Anyway, I find your consistant use of meta unappealing to read. I disagree strongly with your point you posted in your meta-meta-meta-review that the lack of the use of meta is disturbing. I find the term 'meta' being repeated so heavily displeasing, and there should certainly be no meta-bomb.

The conclusion of my meta-meta-meta-meta-review. STOP USING META.

What I saw:
(21 Mar 12, 03:54PM)Snoosnoo Wrote:
(20 Mar 12, 11:57AM)Frogulis Wrote: ************************meta-meta-meta*******
***********************************************meta-*********
**meta-meta*****************meta******************************************meta******
*********meta-meta-meta-meta******************************************meta****************************************************************meta-meta-meta*****************************meta**************************meta************************************************************meta******

*******************meta-meta-meta-meta******************META
Thanks given by:
Meta?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyKJseAvIWtSv1N884lyB...H45USphh_S]

Nice reviews by the way.
Thanks given by:
This weeks review is up, we reviewed ac_sewage. You can read the review here
Thanks given by:
at this rate it would take a few years just to review custom maps from a whole AC version..
Thanks given by:
Noone said we are reviewing every single map released. We are selective about the maps we review and of course, we review those that are requested.
Thanks given by:
thanks for the review guys. :)
Thanks given by:
We are still trying to play catch up after missing a week of reviews. We had a request to review ac_unfrozen (winner of the 6th mapping contest). This was a tough review but the deed has been done. You can read the review here
Thanks given by:
<3 Halo
Thanks given by:
I don't think anyone will ever get a 5 from Halo.
Thanks given by:
(02 Apr 12, 02:35PM)Orynge Wrote: I don't think anyone will ever get a 5 from Halo.

I think he's right even if the map won the contest.
Nightmade didn't care about the lag in the water area, there is no real details but some crates/destroyed-grounds and walls/strange snow.
The gameplay is really to open, there is no real strategy for covers, each bases are really similar (same texture/ambiances).
There is no real "inedit good ideas" and the layout is a bit boring werheas textures are changing a lot.

Sorry to say but this is what i really feel (i'm not a hypocrite) when i see this map.

And this map won against heavy ac_lainio and ac_ifran maps.
Thanks given by:
We decided because we missed some time to double up and do two reviews. We are doing ac_frontline and ac_estancia, both by Stupp*. You can read those reviews (link provided in first post)
Thanks given by:
You double that flagpole anytime sugarmomma. ;) ;)
Thanks given by:
Please review ac_winteryfactory2
Thanks given by: