Poll: Do you play with your gun icon on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I play with my gun icon on.
81.82%
18 81.82%
No, I play with my gun icon off.
18.18%
4 18.18%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you play with your gun icon on or off?
and do you feel the benefits from playing without a gun icon outweigh the negatives?
Thanks given by:
It's more fun, especially when it's modded.

I would probably have better aim without it, as I would be focusing more on where the crosshair is pointing and less on where the model appears to be pointing, but using the model increases the enjoyment I get from the game (which is the main reason I play).
Plus, it's the default option and I'm used to it.
Thanks given by:
Do you mean HUD gun? if so yes, it makes it a bit more realistic for me.
Thanks given by:
/nosway is a good way to have where the HUD gun is pointing be more accurate. However, I prefer to play without the HUD gun as it opens up a little more space to see and does make the focus a little more on the crosshair.
Thanks given by:
I pressed F2 but it says I voted already

Jk, I like the way it looks with the gun / knife / chainsaw / lawnmower / etc.
Thanks given by:
depends weapon.
Nope for ar, smg and pistol and yes for carbine, shotgun, knife and sniper.
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 12, 08:03AM)Edward Wrote: depends weapon.
Nope for ar, smg and pistol and yes for carbine, shotgun, knife and sniper.

Same for me.
Thanks given by:
I played without the HUD gun for a bit, before reverting back to having it on. Without it, it felt like I was watching and playing a demo at the same time. o_O
Yes I do acknowledge that my aiming may have improved without it... but hey... I didn't do any actual "testing". lol. :p
Thanks given by:
Well, IMO the AR model covers too much of the screen so it might be helpful, but Id be lost, as Fate says, itd feel like a demo. So Ive never tryed!
Thanks given by:
/righthand 0 :D
Thanks given by:
I sometimes have hudgun off in T/OSOK to help get a feel for where the center of the screen is so I do better once I turn it back on. I use a model that more or less points toward the (invisible) crosshair so it's no big deal either way.
Thanks given by: