Mapmodel: Pole (My first mapmodel)
Hello, I made this mapmodel, including a skin!!!!!
Copy to ur ac dir/packages/models/mapmodels/

add this to default_map_settings.cfg or ur map
mapmodel 1 15 0 0 "pole"

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?e6zvuhcu1wc415i

Thanks given by:
picture?
Thanks given by:
When you have a pole, you know what you must do next...
Thanks given by:
We all have to start somewhere don't we?

One important thing to keep in mind when modelling for AssaultCube is to keep the polys/triangles and vertices amount as low as possible, for instance here you only need 1 stack in order to create a pole, see the example below in red wireframe overlay...

Your model shows 117 vertices and 168 triangles while you could have reduced it to 26 vertices and 48 triangles.

[Image: poleo.jpg]

Also the skin file wasn't necessary at all as one could easily use existing wooden or metal textures from the 'textures' folder, that would have saved an extra 50Kb.

One last thing about packaging, package it like this... pole/packages/models/mapmodels/pole and please use .zip as compression format not .rar.
Thanks given by:
Ok, thanks, this is my first model, and i used MilkShape3D's default model stuff lol
Thanks given by:
Looks like an elongated cylinder.

Guessing maybe a gema obstacle?
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 12, 06:42PM)gambino Wrote: Looks like an elongated cylinder.

Guessing maybe a gema obstacle?

Not necessarily, depends on how it looks like at the end, here is my reply on AKIMBO forum...

First you have to make it looks as most realistic as possible and this is where the quality of the texture comes in and also every single part of your model has to be textured properly, as shown below your model's top has the texture so stretched it looks odd, this is because you've textured it all in one group, check my texture in the "Texture Coordinate Editor" you'll notice that there is a group for the pole itself and another for the top of it.

btw, for such a simplistic model a texture file at 256p x 256p is more than enough, reducing it's weight then to 20Kb.

[Image: image5rp.jpg]

EDIT
Also, with the new packaging I am proposing no need for a new image file, you could just add in the md3.cfg

md3skin pole ../../skins/tocatree.jpg
md3skin poletop ../../skins/treetrunk1.jpg
Thanks given by: