Kony 2012
[Image: 15840623.jpg]

But seriously I think the whole thing is blown way out of proportion. To all of a sudden gain interest about something no one has ever cared about for is just plain dumb. Who threw the dart and hit Africa this time?

Think about it, hes #1 on our hit list and no one cared, period. The 30 minute youtube video is a little one sided as well. How often does the black child, the one who actually lives there, talk in the film? Not much at all. Honestly. Why should you all of a sudden care? Specifically the U.S., take care of yourself for once. I swear Americans are so stupid and I have to be one of them, can't even save themselves and they have to worry about little things on the other side of the world that has absolutely nothing to do with us. This is why no one cared until someone made a pretty little sad story about it. And guess what, it still doesn't concern us, go figure.
Thanks given by:
Facebook generation, so dumb. Can't think for themself, have to fit in everywhere. There's enough problems to care about in your own countries, stop the prostitution and find a solution for the homeless people, then you can care about Africa and other poor countries (which doesn't matter, things won't change no matter how much you want it to).
Thanks given by:
Like I said, America will eventually kill him.

Anyway, the focus should be put on Syria or something.

Also, remember this is the generation who thinks Hitler was worse than Stalin.
Thanks given by:
It's entirely true that "shit happens" everywhere in the world, millions of kids die from starvation all around the world, and no one seems to care, right now someone it's being sell as a slave or killed for money, yet no one cares.

People in my country are getting killed so that people in the US can have some weed, the world is full of shit and no one seems to care.

Now why should I care if someone I'm never going to meet tells me there's ONE bad guy out there, when there's hundreds in my own country.
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 10:08AM)Orynge Wrote: Like I said, America will eventually kill him.

Anyway, the focus should be put on Syria or something.

if the US really wants they could easily kill him.

(09 Mar 12, 09:41AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: I swear Americans are so stupid

i lol'd
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 09:41AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: can't even save themselves and they have to worry about little things on the other side of the world that has absolutely nothing to do with us
there's been ~30,000 deaths on one side alone, you have a strange definition of little. And whether or not it has anything to do with Americans or people from anywhere for that matter, does that a justify their country's military doing nothing about it?
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 06:19PM)Hellspell Wrote: there's been ~30,000 deaths on one side alone, you have a strange definition of little.

Lets see here... 7,000,000,000 is about the number of people in the world and 30,000 people have died. 30,000/7,000,000,000 * 100 = 0.000428% of the world. What is your definition of little? We have had wars go into a whole percentile.

Quote:And whether or not it has anything to do with Americans or people from anywhere for that matter, does that a justify their country's military doing nothing about it?

Yes. America is sitting in a crater of an economy. Africa is dancing in a puddle. Both of those statements are underestimated for this situation.

Figure it out.
Thanks given by:
don't help them because there's only 30,000 dead that we know of doesn't sound right. It's not about economics it's about trying to save lives.
Thanks given by:
Great. So according to your maths, 9/11 was a little accident people shouldn't make such a fuss about. Or is that something different, because it didn't happen in Africa?

EDIT: this is in reply to X-Ray, ofc.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 420700_281605285241559_155438714524884_6...9692_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09 Mar 12, 07:54PM)tempest Wrote: Great. So according to your maths, 9/11 was a little accident people shouldn't make such a fuss about. Or is that something different, because it didn't happen in Africa?

9/11 is an entirely different kind of "accident" and doesn't belong in this thread but since you want to talk about it, lets. Yes, somewhat of 2,000 people died. But heres the difference, it was on American soil so yes it affected America. It also had an effect on the world maybe because the buildings were labeled as the world trade center. They were huge for the U.S. financials and when our economy went sour, then it brought down the world economy as well. Every two days I think it was we gave the Iraq area a 9/11, every two days. Look how long it took for us to get out. I swear we did more damage just being there than we did help and now America has accomplished nothing but finally killing their leader. Everyone over there doesn't even like the U.S., they were happy our buildings went down.

Getting back on topic, this Africa disturbance is not ruining the world, it's not even in local news at least it wasn't until the youtube film and I still haven't seen it on tv. It is a loss of life but why the heck should America give a crap when we have much bigger problems? That money we send to Africa is no longer going to support our homeless, our hungry, our dieing. So in reality, helping a country in which any other country could do something as well when were sitting in a depression is just dumb thinking. It's not that I simply don't care, it's just that we have bigger priorities. Help them and only have a slight chance of getting the killer and let people die in America, or let another country who actually has an economy and the time to help Africa and save some of our own lives for once.

In essence, I simply believe that we are losing a lot of life in America that should be tended to first. Please do not take my replies personally, I simply stated my opinion and it is open to discussion.
Thanks given by: