Which country has the most cheats?
The topic of which country produces the most cheats often come up on these forums and, as it did last night, on IRC. Someone (it's best not to name names) stated that 90% of cheats were Brazilian. A ridiculous claim, possibly, and one that upset a Brazilian in the channel, so I thought it was time to put the myth to bed.
Now, this graph doesn't take populations or player numbers into account. It's simply a collation of actual Central blacklist additions for cheating since I took over administration of it in December 2010. As you can see, Brazil has nowhere near 90% of the cheats. It doesn't have a majority. It isn't even the worst. :P
Click for bigger...
[Image: blacklisted_players_by_country_t.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks for the clarification!
Thanks given by:
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! only 5% :D
Thanks given by:
Woulda been 4% If I didn't cheat... o00o0o0o
Thanks given by:
In my experience its not always brazilians that cheat. Thanks for the info Jamz.
Just if you are better than they are they cuss you out in broken english, call you a hacker and RQ.
*cough* |MW3~MRTV *cough*

Thanks given by:
US is number 1?

US IS number 1!

U.S.A U.S.A U.S.A!

Thanks given by:
Only 4% ?

Us Brits are so pro we don't need cheats.
Thanks given by:
Interesting graph, but without showing how many people cheat from one nation compared to the actual number of players from that nation it seems a bit useless. I think everybody knows most players come from USA, Brazil and Germany so it's obvious most cheaters come from there. I also think most cheaters don't play the game seriously,, they just want to be better than others without putting some kind of effort into their performance and giggle while playing because of making others angry xD
Thanks given by:
Yes. Jamz - can we have #cheats/#players for each country?
Thanks given by:
Good work, jamz <3
and F1 the two posts before me.
Thanks given by:
I suppose working out the number of unique players from each country would be rather hard due to dynamic IP addresses and changing aliases, but perhaps using the number of different IPs connecting on each day and averaging over a few days would allow for a decent cheaters/players statistic.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 12, 06:12PM)Aight Wrote: Interesting graph, but without showing how many people cheat from one nation compared to the actual number of players from that nation it seems a bit useless. I think everybody knows most players come from USA, Brazil and Germany so it's obvious most cheaters come from there. I also think most cheaters don't play the game seriously,, they just want to be better than others without putting some kind of effort into their performance and giggle while playing because of making others angry xD

this.

most cheaters are probably 12 year olds and dont take the game seriously.

Thanks given by:
You must all really hate me.
Can I just make it up?
Thanks given by:
We demand great things of you because we love you jamz.

Now give me more statistics.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 12, 11:55PM)jamz Wrote: Can I just make it up?

That's funny.

Thanks given by:
You're jamz.
We don't know what you can do.
Besides "it."
Thanks given by:
fuckin americans (from the states)
Thanks given by:
Lol make it up and put brasilians first, then things will return to "normal", XD.
Thanks given by:
fair effort USA, you're the still the best at everything
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 12, 01:28PM)Undead Wrote: fair effort USA, you're the still the best at everything
[Image: scaled.php?server=825&filename=acmemetem...res=medium]

Thanks given by:
We the people of others...
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 12, 01:28PM)Undead Wrote: fair effort USA, you're the still the best at everything

AUS seems pretty good at not getting caught.
Thanks given by:
Jamz makes pie chart... shit just got real.
Thanks given by:
loolololololololololololol all hail AMERICA!

btw NL has only 2% ftw. but, there are only 5 nl players i know about but that means there are way more ! hooray
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 12, 04:50PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: Only 5% ?

Us Brits are so pro we don't need cheats.

That's roughly half of the British players /:D
Thanks given by:
That's scary now you mention it...

Myself, jamz, rofl, Shield, Optic, Jason, Andy, tipper and Aekom are the only guys from the UK I know who play AC o_0
Thanks given by:
(29 Feb 12, 03:30PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: That's scary now you mention it...

Myself, jamz, rofl, Shield, Optic, Jason, Andy, tipper and Aekom are the only guys from the UK I know who play AC o_0

Billy{BoB}
Thanks given by:
these are the moments when i'm proud to be german... >.>
Thanks given by:
(29 Feb 12, 03:30PM)Vanqu!sh Wrote: That's scary now you mention it...

There is only like 4 from Ireland including myself. And that's definite. I checked the ladders.
On topic: Just to clarify these stats are just those who were blacklisted for cheating or as a whole?

Thanks given by:
There is only one person CBL'ed not for cheating iirc.
Thanks given by: