hello
this game is pretty good and i want to become a better at it, i always use crouch for the better aim, how good am i? i play as yourconscriptor here is the spectator file:http://www.mediafire.com/?dpdnk2d99fb11w3
Thanks given by:
Umm...
Hi?
Thanks given by:
Use Carbine, hide in wells, play some @camper. #1 in no time.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 12, 01:45PM)Nightmare Wrote: Use ShotgunCarbine, hide in wells, play some @camper. #1 in no time.

Or not.. xD.
Welcome to AssualtCube, and keep practising.
Thanks given by:
Practice, practice and more practice. And if you have spare time, more more practice. ;)

EDIT: also, some urban legends tell about a reflexes' improvement if you keep playing!
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome!
From what I see in the demo, you dont strafe run! Click the link for learning the basics if you want to success in this wonderful game:
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/maneuvers.html
Try all the weapons to see which one fits you better (press B in game) and play always different modes so you get better in all of them, T/OSOK, CTF, TKTF, LSS or Gemas (in Gema maps you dont have to kill, but to get to the flag using the rifle to jump).
So, see you in game and have fun!

Thanks given by:
Welcome to Assault Cube!

I highly recommend watching the demo tutorial provided in the game. It will help you immensely.

Also, practice never hurt anyone. Find your desired DPI and sensitivity and adjust them accordingly; I, for example, finally found my sweet spot: 800 DPI and 1.0 sensitivity. I'd recommend playing the official maps (they have ac_mapname as their title) versus the @camper maps, personally.

Good luck, welcome, and above all, have fun!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forums and the game :). Practice on the noob servers with a high ping and work down form there. It will get get you used to missing everything by the time ur pro.
Thanks given by:
(22 Feb 12, 01:45PM)Nightmare Wrote: Use Carbine, hide in wells, play some @camper. #1 in no time.

He's right you know...Oh and btw, if you see a map that starts with the prefix "ac_", it's complete shit. Don't even bother trying them out. Except for ac_douze of course. That's the best map ever made :D
Thanks given by:
(23 Feb 12, 06:47AM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(22 Feb 12, 01:45PM)Nightmare Wrote: Use Carbine, hide in wells, play some @camper. #1 in no time.

He's right you know...Oh and btw, if you see a map that starts with the prefix "ac_", it's complete shit. Don't even bother trying them out. Except for ac_douze of course. That's the best map ever made :D
F1 :) make sure when your playing @camper youre one of those amazing players standing out of view with a shotgun. That always helps!
Thanks given by:
. . . twice as many trolly comments as serious ones . . .

Don't be dicks to newbies.

@yourconscript
"i always use crouch for the better aim"
At anything but the noobiest level of play, this is *not* a good idea. If you crouch, you can't move around/move very slowly, and you're a very easy target. The generally accepted method of engagement is to strafe back and forth (or maybe move in a box? not sure). But the salient point is that AC is a reasonably fast paced game, and if you aren't moving while being shot at, you'll probably get hit more than they hit you ;)
Thanks given by:
welcome
Thanks given by:
(24 Feb 12, 01:19AM)GDM Wrote: "i always use crouch for the better aim"

ok my trolling has finished. i realize that if this game is going to get any more players, we're all going to want the ones who play well, not badly. sorry AC!

please pardon me, yourconscript, trolling a newcomer is a custom often practiced on these forums...

on a serious note to the poster elaborating on GDM's advice: crouch is good but only under certain circumstances. Basically, crouch shooting provides better aim because it lessens recoil and the consequent player movement from shooting. There is no need to crouch while using shotgun, sniper, or carbine. If you use the assault rifle or submachine gun, a combination of both crouching and mashing the left and right buttons provides very effective evasive manuvers.

Pointers for beginners (if you wanna be good):

---DO NOT PLAY TWINTOWERS MAPS, try to play any map that has an "ac_" in front of it.
---Start off with shotgun. This may piss off other players in game and on these forums because it is an easy and "nooby" weapon but building confidence is key in this game. Becoming an effective shotgunner will create your foundation of skill. Once you master that weapon, you may move on.
---After shotgun, try assault rifle or submachine gun. The AR gives greater damage (good) but has more recoil (bad). The smg is very easy to handle (good) but only gives 15 hp damage per shot (bad).
---Again, once you have mastered a weapon, it is time to move on to the next. Carbine is a good choice but most go for sniper. When using the sniper rifle, hit the enemy once with the sniper, then scroll to pistol and shoot them twice, which will kill them. This is the fastest way to kill with a sniper rifle.
---When you start, don't play TOSOK/OSOK too much. And do not play "gemas". CTF is the fastest way to increase skill.

welcome to AC. im sorry we gave you a tough welcome. we'll take all the players we can get.
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 12, 06:26AM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(24 Feb 12, 01:19AM)GDM Wrote: "i always use crouch for the better aim"

---Start off with shotgun. This may piss off other players in game and on these forums because it is an easy and "nooby" weapon but building confidence is key in this game. Becoming an effective shotgunner will create your foundation of skill. Once you master that weapon, you may move on.
---After shotgun, try assault rifle or submachine gun. The AR gives greater damage (good) but has more recoil (bad). The smg is very easy to handle (good) but only gives 15 hp damage per shot (bad).
---Again, once you have mastered a weapon, it is time to move on to the next. Carbine is a good choice but most go for sniper. [b]When using the sniper rifle, hit the enemy once with the sniper, then scroll to pistol and shoot them twice, which will kill them. This is the fastest way to kill with a sniper rifle.
---When you start, don't play TOSOK/OSOK too much. And do not play "gemas". CTF is the fastest way to increase skill.[/b]

Only part i liked...
Thanks given by:
When using the sniper rifle, hit the enemy once with the sniper, then scroll to pistol and shoot them twice, which will kill them (edit: without kevlar). This is the fastest way to kill with a sniper rifle.

Only good if you are mid/long range from your opponent, if you are close to him switch to knife and slice the sucker up, gives you two frags, piss ppl up and they will respect you more and think twice before runing and gunning in your general direction. Knife/pistol switch is key for sniper and very useful for any other weapon, so my adivice to you is work on you switch speed, practice a lot for better aim and learn the maps. Welcome to AC mate, hope you enjoy your stay!
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 12, 07:15AM)ElCrema Wrote: ...and they will respect you more...
RESPECT IS KEY.

Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 12, 07:43AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(26 Feb 12, 07:15AM)ElCrema Wrote: ...and they will respect you more...
RESPECT IS KEY.

Lie....Fear is the key
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 12, 07:01AM)lucky Wrote: Only part i liked...

But your opinion doesn't really matter since you're far away from a good player
Thanks given by:
@Viking : LOL

hey lucky. you forgot to give me a letter grade.

[Image: pokherfeis500.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26 Feb 12, 11:46AM)RealViking Wrote:

But your opinion doesn't really matter since you're far away from a good player

Coming from the guy in {CoE}. You're definition of good is well below mine.
Thanks given by:
well lucky...since he included a sarcastic trolly undertone in his comment and knows that you are very easily angered and do not understand trolling, i think he was just looking for some amusement out of your reaction...

yourconscript, i know lucky is making this game look really competitive by posting demeaning comments, but it is really not. enjoy your stay here and do NOT worry about being the best. this game is supposed to be fun. my pointers were just thrown out there if you wanna get better and although some may disagree with what i said, i listed a basic playing method that nearly all competitive players use.

if someone could [/thread] to spare the need of further flames, that would be great...
(26 Feb 12, 07:15AM)ElCrema Wrote: ...

overlooked that :D
Thanks given by:
Or if just flamers and trolls could stay the fak away that would be even better...
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 12, 12:44AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: well lucky...since he included a sarcastic trolly undertone in his comment and knows that you are very easily angered and do not understand trolling, i think he was just looking for some amusement out of your reaction...

yourconscript, i know lucky is making this game look really competitive by posting demeaning comments, but it is really not. enjoy your stay here and do NOT worry about being the best. this game is supposed to be fun. my pointers were just thrown out there if you wanna get better and although some may disagree with what i said, i listed a basic playing method that nearly all competitive players use.

if someone could [/thread] to spare the need of further flames, that would be great...
(26 Feb 12, 07:15AM)ElCrema Wrote: ...

overlooked that :D

Are you kidding me? How can you say what his tone was? It is just text. Your stupidity has dropped to an all time low. Stop acting like the center of attention just because I post in the same thread as you. How do my comments make the game competitive? Responding to an annoying troll (who has nothing better to do) and a newb who thinks he is the center of the universe. Learn to shut up and stop making assumptions.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 12, 01:00AM)lucky Wrote: Learn to shut up and stop making assumptions.

inb4 he makes another one.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 12, 12:44AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: well lucky...since he included a sarcastic trolly undertone in his comment and knows that you are very easily angered and do not understand trolling, i think he was just looking for some amusement out of your reaction...
Good job, you can identify a troll!

(27 Feb 12, 12:44AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: yourconscript, i know lucky is making this game look really competitive by posting demeaning comments, but it is really not.
Lolwtf is this.

(27 Feb 12, 12:44AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: i listed a basic playing method that nearly all competitive players use.
You're right. Or maybe you're confusing the "TWINTOWER nubs" (are there any of those left?) with "competitive players".

(27 Feb 12, 12:44AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: if someone could [/thread] to spare the need of further flames, that would be great...
A little late for that, buddy boy.

yourconscript, please look past some of the weaker aspects of MerCyKiL's argument.
Most of the community has at least a bit more sense when posting (or choosing not to :P)

(27 Feb 12, 12:44AM)Somebody mad Wrote: I want to find mercy...and sew his mouth shut
Lol.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 12, 01:00AM)lucky Wrote: ...
wait...so are you crying right now? just wondering...
Thanks given by:
MERCYKIL
Y U MAKE NO SENSE.

But srsly though D:
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 12, 01:25AM)MerCyKiL Wrote:
(27 Feb 12, 01:00AM)lucky Wrote: ...
wait...so are you crying right now? just wondering...

inb4 warning points
Thanks given by:
@ yourconscript

Feel free to PM me or any other mod if you want this thread open again.
Thanks given by: