how do i put a custom map from 1.04 into 1.1 ?
how do i put an original map i made... a "custom" map from my maps folder (inside my windows operating system) 1.04 into 1.1? or will i have to remake the whole map?
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure you can just stick it in the 1.1 Maps folder. I did that with the SVN.
Desktop>My Computer>Local Disk (C:)>Program Files>AssaultCube_v1.1>packages>maps
Thanks given by:
(27 Jul 10, 10:32PM)Orynge Wrote: I'm pretty sure you can just stick it in the 1.1 Maps folder. I did that with the SVN.
Desktop>My Computer>Local Disk (C:)>Program Files>AssaultCube_v1.1>packages>maps

i tried to do that. the maps folder is a little different in 1.1 ..... it breaks down into 3 folders .... official maps, server maps and another folder for the preview pics. i copied my 1.04 map and pasted it in each of those folders to no success. HERE'S AN IMPORTANT QUESTION TOO ....i am currently trying to find where the map i saved is stored. do you know what file the saved maps that are saved in in 1.1 ? they also are not appearing anywhere under packages-maps-(3subfiles)
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, forgot about that.
1. The official and server folders were already there.
2. You don't have to stick it in the preview folder.
3. If you can't find the maps, you'll probably have to reinstall. *Wait for the mods or someone else that's sure, to post first though.*
Thanks given by:
You have to paste the map inside the maps folder, not in official, server and preview pics folders.
Thanks given by:
what made you put it in the preview folder :|

its werid cause if i go single player/emtpy map/ other maps../ i got all of my 1.0.4 maps in there already, but thats got something to do with having the same direc. doesnt it?
like Orynge said, wait for some one that actually knows something ;)
Thanks given by:
i figured it out by searching "my computer" for a test map i quickly made and saved. then i copied and pasted it to there. it is a maps folder but when i set up my new assault cube program i decided to go with the "recommended for vista choice" of having everything saved under my documents folder instead of program files folder where the most of the assault cube 1.1 is saved. thank you all. NOW MY PROPLEM IS FINDING A SERVER THAT WILL LET ME LOAD MY MAP. SO FAR THERE ARE ONLY 4 SERVERS FOR 1.1 AND NONE OF THEM LET ME VOTE. I HOPE IN A SHORT COUPLE WEEKS HALF OF THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY HAS DOWNLOADED 1.1. I also was happy to discover that it did not totally replace my 1.04 i put a copy of the batch file onto my desktop so it loads too when i need to play my original maps on several different servers that will allow anyone to vote. All you server owners please get one up and working on 1.1
Thanks given by:
Hi Mike-Before

To vote a custom map in 1.1, first the server MUST be set to receive maps. So, you send the map with "/sendmap mapname", and then if the server allows map vote, you will be able to vote it.

Well... i think you already know this, since my server has your map, and I saw you trying to vote it in my logs.
But as I tried to explain to you before, the reason why the server does not allow you vote your custom map is because your map does not fit the basic AssaultCube requirements.
Maybe your map has a too high ceiling, or it has a too wide open space, or the flags are too close to each other...

In this fashion, to create a GEMA map in 1.1 you will need be a very good and creative architect.
Thanks given by:
a) use the "--home=" argument to set an appropriate directory for your user-data - that's where stuff gets saved to and where you should stick your modifications too. Set this argument via the BAT/SH file you use to start AC.

b) mikebefore: 1.1 has not been released, what is currently available is clearly marked ALPHA - it's experimental still - once the release is actually official we will see the transition take place

c) custom maps will not appear in the standard menu, but there's an option in the upcoming v1.1 inside the map-menu "show all maps.." which should make it selectable via menu - any available map will TAB-complete on your console though (and has done for years). Just enter "/map my_supe" and hit TAB - it will auto-complete to "/map my_super_duper_fun_map"

d) regarding the packages/maps folder structure: your maps go directly into that folder, the "official" subdirectory contains the official maps (read: release files). Both of these contain a "preview" subfolder which is intended to hold a JPEG (.jpg) file of dimensions 200x150 named like your map (e.g.: my_super_duper_fun_map.jpg). The "servermaps" folder is only used if you run a server and it receives a "sendmap" - that's where it will go. Server hosters will need to periodically purge that directory and can configure their server (in (upcoming) v1.1) to limit the size of that directory to avoid being flooded.
Thanks given by:
Btw, mike... i loved your map (ac1.1_structure)... it is a really good job imo.

[Image: 20100728_18.59.17_ac1.1_structure_DM.jpg]

But as I said to you, your map does not fits the AC requirements... in this specific case, the ceiling is too high.
Thanks given by:
thanks Brahma.. i think i will work on that map as a challenge... no matter where it goes...even if it never makes it. maybe lower ceilings in the right places will take out the lag i experience while playing structure. couldn't believe i was playing with the real Brahma last nite. you rank in the Assault Cube community. and speak/chat in how many languages?
Thanks given by:
Well... tbh, I only know to speak in portuguese... sometimes I try to chat in english (but usually this is an unsuccessful act).

I really appreciated your map... but you cannot play in multiplayer an "tower like" map... the 1.1 servers simply deny it.
But you can create a map with overall acceptable ceiling height, and try to put this "structure" concept in a part of this map, making sure you are not abusing of the map model platforms too much.
Thanks given by:
Mike, select the whole map and make it lower. Hopefully the floor doesn't get too low.
Thanks given by:
Bukz it up!
alias noobthemap [
edittoggle
select 8 8 503 503 // Select EVERYTHING on a size 9 map.
sleep 20 [solid 0; equalize 0; equalize 2; say "ASHUASHUASHAUH"]
sleep 100 [edittoggle]]
Thanks given by:
where is the manual for the above code(s)?
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 10, 03:40PM)mikebefore Wrote: where is the manual for the above code(s)?

ignore that code or it will F***up your map
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 10, 03:40PM)mikebefore Wrote: where is the manual for the above code(s)?

Work in progress...
Thanks given by:
i love how the 1.04 official maps have a new feel to them on 1.1. it's like the mappers really did some things you can barely notice like adjust the spawn points or small graphic or geometric details. running is slightly slower in 1.1 but not too much so you don't fly all over the place as much and can catch the scenery of the map a little more.
Thanks given by:
AHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHHH

now the problem is the opposite. i just spent 12 hours making a map called ac_outside using the alpha 1.1 there weren't anyone on there to test my map out so i copied it into my 1.0 ....
then i got on to 1.0 and voted it in on a server... the vote passed ... then it reads .... "must have a newer version of CUBE to load this map"
....... any suggestions ? any way to copy and paste some of my hard work
? etc ?
Thanks given by:
Yes, try the Copy command (bound to C by default) and paste it (V). Though results will vary.
Thanks given by:
All my old maps are now in the packages/maps folder, I can see them in game but when I select them they say: could not load packages/maps/"mapname"

What should I do :'(
Thanks given by:
Try the mode commands such as /dm or /ctf or /tdm to vote your map. Ex. /dm ac_complex
Thanks given by:
(06 Aug 10, 01:18AM)Gibstick Wrote: Try the mode commands such as /dm or /ctf or /tdm to vote your map. Ex. /dm ac_complex
hey thanks a bunch, it works perfectly
Thanks given by: