Fair play?
Not so time ago players were used to stop a game when someone had an issue. Nowadays it seems to be "out of style" or at least that's what aG members think.

[Image: qovg55.jpg]

This happened today in a clanmatch against .aG* and I'm still shocked. Some people have told me it is a normal behaviour from Larry and there is where my question comes... does fair play still exist? or it was just part of the old AC days?
The only excuse he gave was "we aren't gonna stop 'cause we're losing." Really? Tay had to respond a call, and he was afk just for 15 fucking seconds. If you wanted to score a fair flag you would have told us and we would let you kill us, give you time enough to take the flag and get out of our base, try it next time.

Little actions like those make this game a sh**

P.S - http://www.mediafire.com/?db6hb37ndqqqb64 for demo.
Thanks given by:
there are rules for specific tournys, but clan matches are at the discretion of the players within them. to me, i always stop if someone goes afk or disconnects (if i notice it) and most players try and do the same (for the most part) if you don't like the way larry acts, i suggest to not play him as clan match rules are matter of opinion for some.
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 12, 02:06AM)Sacerockin Wrote: Little actions like those make this game a sh**

Nah, it just makes them "sh**"

Typically and out of honesty, you should be fully prepared for a clan match but of course there is the uncontrollable and so long as it's a quick return, I would stop and wait for the player to come back to the game. Don't play em anymore if their going to nub up AC.
Thanks given by:
Tbh, that isn't fair nor respectful. "no, we're losing" is just the wrong response even if he had legitimate reasons for not wanting to stop.
Thanks given by:
Maybe I'm getting old and I don't know the "new rules of AC" implemented by the new players.

Aaand in fact, after this.. I could say I'll think twice or thrice before asking/accepting a match against these kind of guys.
Thanks given by:
That is their tourney rules, but I've never seen any clan actually do it in a clan match. Until now. Crazy stuff. :3

Solution: Whenever you play them, play on a hax server that kicks them any time they take the lead, and blocks them from returning until you take the lead.

<3 Sacerock
Thanks given by:
That was a coward move from them, we all know that if someone disconnects in a clanmatch (not part of a tournament or league), everyone has to stop even if you are losing.
Thanks given by:

(08 Feb 12, 02:41AM)Z-karIuS Wrote: That was a coward move from them, we all know that if someone disconnects in a clanmatch (not part of a tournament or league), everyone has to stop even if you are losing.

Indeed. Btw Tay = Taymoon?
If yes i need to talk with him...
Thanks given by:
It is pretty widely accepted for CMs to stop if someone goes AFK.

If he did that to me, I would just quit out of the game. Not worth playing against someone with that attitude.
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 12, 02:21AM)Sacerockin Wrote: Maybe I'm getting old and I don't know the "new rules of AC" implemented by the new players.

Aaand in fact, after this.. I could say I'll think twice or thrice before asking/accepting a match against these kind of guys.

Lol, Im a "new player" and it doesnt cross my mind NOT to stop.
As an aG tournament players, where abide to those rules, I can, AND respect, aG for sticking to their rules. Just it would have seemed fair to tell before hand.
Its just a matter of stating the rules. In this case, I think aG should have stopped as nothing had been previously arranged.
Its like pick-ups during disconnect. There are players (old and new) that take advantage of disconnects to armor themselves and gain new positions, and that also "breaks the game".
A simple "No pick ups during disconnects" could prove to be a better solution than disallowing them, but its important to notice that the distinction between unfair and "making the game shit" lies within ourselves.
Thanks given by:
Huh strange.

It's widely accepted ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE to stop.

Even though sometimes, in inters, it gets a bit much. (Apologies to those I inter with, asian parents can be a handful...)

Although if this was for the aG tourney, than they set the rules.
Thanks given by:
Sacer, tell MyS That, thats the reason we don't stop now, because they did it to us in a match when we we're beating them on THEIR pick of Des3.. as CLa and they we're mad.. so they refused to stop when someone lagged out.
Thanks given by:
:(

There are no official rules. And it's not as though you can stop impolite people from doing this.
So sace, the only way to handle this is to not play against noobs.

Shorty - that's an incredibly stupid reason. MyS get upset and act like assholes so you decide to act like that with everyone?
Thanks given by:
Shorty, and that is a good reason why?

You both were stupid if what you say is the case.
Thanks given by:
This blew my mind. It's one of the most used unwritten rules in AC. Hell, the players who know it drill it into the minds of the ones who don't. I don't even know anymore.
Thanks given by:
They spent the whole time saying ''lag bla bla... unplayable'', and the thing is if they want a fair match so lets find a server with equal pings dont you! but no, they just play with pings under 100 if u want a CM. btw i was on cellphone!! xD just 15 seconds like sacer said !! GJ aG
Thanks given by:
Agree with all above posts, but...

What happens when Team A requests for a stop, which Team B respectfully considers... but Team A is actually just stalling time? >.>

I guess the best way to avoid an issue like this is to set a limit to the number/duration of stops before the match?
Thanks given by:
i would like to see proof shorty.
otherwise don't throw MyS in the conversation.
this thread is not about MyS. It is simply about UR clans pathetic behavior vs MA.
trying to make us look bad in a thread, that has no MyS involvement whatsoever.
Thanks given by:
RCJD, That only happened to me once, after ~ 30 seconds after the d/c, we continued. People should be able to figure that out ingame.
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 12, 05:28AM)M__Stayla Wrote: i would like to see proof shorty.
otherwise don't throw MyS in the conversation.
this thread is not about MyS. It is simply about UR clans pathetic behavior vs MA.
trying to make us look bad in a thread, that has no MyS involvement whatsoever.

Go and ask Vermi, Jason and whoever played with Them (i believe it was bunnysouL) when we we're winning and HeRa lagged out, Vermi refused to stop.. as did jason, therefore we just disconnected because it was stupid, i'm kind of annoyed larry did this to be honest.. and will speak with him... he won't do it again.

Stayla, if MyS didnt do it larry wouldn't even get the idea, therefore it does has MyS involvement.
Thanks given by:
It's absurd to blame others because they "gave" you an idea to do something foolish. Instead of pointing fingers just speak with Larry or whoever and move on. He should've been sensible enough to know what is wrong and what is right. Just cause I see someone stabbing another man on the street doesn't mean I'll do likewise.
Thanks given by:

fair play exist, but still can be ignored and used in your own advantage w/o breaking any rule as is just an honor thing, some doesn't feel is necessary or significant enough to be used.

regarding AC, this always ends on an agreement of both teams, i don't think we can force people to do it as is not always the case you see here now, sometimes people disconnects suddenly and they don't come back or they do but minutes later, which leads both team to choose restart or keep going. Sometimes while score difference is 1 flag, or few frags (w/e mode is) and 1 minute left, someone of the winning team disappear and doesn't come back after the end of the match. there are few other moments where is complex to make a decision but as i said it ends to both teams to deal with this, which would be easier if none of both teams were selfless.
Thanks given by:
again no proof...
why should i go and ask my mates if u are the one accusing my clan?
better come with some actual facts next time, so people can take ur comments serious.

Shorty: Stayla, if MyS didnt do it larry wouldn't even get the idea

thats just total BS, larry did a lot worse in the past from what i can remember
the whole intention of ur comment was to fingerpoint at someone else for ur mistakes.

instead of trying to beat us in game, u come to the forum to cheap shot us with false/unproven accusations.
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 12, 04:05AM)Shorty Wrote: Sacer, tell MyS That, thats the reason we don't stop now, because they did it to us in a match when we we're beating them on THEIR pick of Des3.. as CLa and they we're mad.. so they refused to stop when someone lagged out.

Everyone Wrote:Shorty, that's just stupid.

'Shorty Wrote:i'm kind of annoyed larry did this to be honest.. and will speak with him... he won't do it again.

>.>
Thanks given by:
Vermi Wrote:Ok, the game where we continued playing after your player disconnected, yes, it did happen. Originally it was only me who played on for the lulz but then my team was like fuck it this game is over and we just were fragging for fun, i was at about a [6] and it was amusing, but we also knew that the match wouldn't be completed, because one of your players specified he had to leave after the des3 game.
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 12, 09:00AM)Shorty Wrote:
Vermi Wrote:Ok, the game where we continued playing after your player disconnected, yes, it did happen. Originally it was only me who played on for the lulz but then my team was like fuck it this game is over and we just were fragging for fun, i was at about a [6] and it was amusing, but we also knew that the match wouldn't be completed, because one of your players specified he had to leave after the des3 game.

As Vermi said, we were fucking around and taking the piss. There was no rage at our end, infact it was your team that all left.
Thanks given by:
I would just like to add that this was by far the laggiest match I have EVER played in AC. Nothing hit you, and in shine Larry said the same. After the match he even set up a server to demonstrate how many unhits you get on laggers and how jittery their movement is, etc.

Larry told me to keep playing, so I did. I never have played a team so laggy, and I have no wish to again. You were completely unsympathetic to what we were saying about your lag, you just played on and that in my mind is basically the same as what we did to you, except we didn't tell you to "stfu" after the game - whereas you did, calling us noobs.

If you have a problem with the way our matches are conducted, PLEASE tell US and don't burden the entire community with your badmouthing us.

An apology from our end is perhaps in order, but not unless whoever swore at us and called us noobs apologises to us as well; and you need to realise that had we infact had stopped the game it still would have been unfair to us because of the lag, although admittedly that wasn't something you had much control over.

Thanks, and if you want to discuss this I'm on IRC most nights :)
Thanks given by:
Its always been the unwritten rule, a courtesy given as a mutual respect between opponents. Although there is no official regulation for this outside tournament play, it should be upheld just because it is the decent thing to do. This was the policy of all clans I've been in and all those I've ever faced.

This is the first I've ever heard of it happening and to be honest I find it disrespectful to M|A, tradition, fair play, and good sportsmanship.

If this happened in any tournament play, I could see a disqualification occurring.
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 12, 02:06AM)Sacerockin Wrote: does fair play still exist?
Of course it does. O_o
Thanks given by:
In a tourney it's prepared matches, so there is subs and of course if someone disconnect/afk, the game must continue. In a regular match there is no referee but the fair play must be the main rule to respect (as in every match in every game in the world).
Since 1.1 the "fair-play" is not the same anymore.
Thanks given by: