AC World Records rules/req? [discuss]
Okay, I'm now into records and such stuff more than ever.
I want to discuss with all of you some points about it, mostly about rules and requirements for each achievements. As some of you know, I'm listing all of them in a website (this) to make it look a bit neater and less messy than before, but this isn't what I was about to talk.

- The first problem has risen when many records were lost, mostly due to hosting fails (Megaupload is one of these) so many records are lost again. Do you agree on this? I'm sorry for those who achieved them, but screenshots/demos are needed to give some proof about.

- These are the current requirements. Do you agree with them, or is there anything that should be fixed/added/removed?

- Any new record to suggest?

- Talking about requirements again, another problem is about ratio: for example, player A reaches a ratio of 5 by doing 5 - 1, while another one reaches 5 as well by doing 50 - 10; only this last one appears to be fair enough. What's about this?

- ^like this above, but the problem is about the remaining time (this is an example)

- The most important: demo AND screenshot required? Because some records (200 kills by Robtics for example) seem to be without a demo; although Robtics is a really trustworthy person, should it be allowed anyway?

Well, this seems enough, sorry for the tl;dr :D
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 12, 10:16PM)Andrez Wrote: ...Any new record to suggest?...
Most ingame teabags?
(02 Feb 12, 10:16PM)Andrez Wrote: ...demo AND screenshot required?...
Yes, bot games could be used to fake screenshots.

Thanks given by:
Well, I say that instead of the record to had been obtained on a "normal" map, it should only apply when obtained in official maps, but thats my opinion.
Id also would suggest a gema category, but I know its too much to ask for. SO, thats what Ive got.
Thanks given by:
My frag record is 212 on ac_arid on the 1.0, i didn't take the demo so it's not a record...
Thanks given by:
I see on the requirements it says "normal maps" excluding the likes of gema or rifle@camper, but i still not understand, they must be official maps or it may include few custom maps or know ones (apollo maps for example)?

Also the Longest-lasting #1 record, how does it work? how can you prove the record?

about ESL, shouldn't this record be removed? (or just give the achievement to the ones who already made it).

I'd suggest the screenshots and demos for records that already have been achieved. In other words, let people to fill the records more easily for now until someone else want to post a better one, and then providing a ss and demo.

In a side note, there are plenty of records to beat yet, list should be updated with new records when there are nothing new to be achieved.
Thanks given by:
NZ servers have only 20 minutes maprot, it's unfair btw.
Thanks given by:
I agree with paulmuaddibKA, the rules should be that it is on an official map, just to preclude any arguments about what is "normal" and what isn't. It may seem that there are clear differences between rifle@camper and an apollo map now, but it would be best to have a clear set rule so there is no argument over who gets to decide normal.
Thanks given by:
new records how about "Biggest Inter"?
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 12, 02:44AM)Lantry Wrote: I agree with paulmuaddibKA, the rules should be that it is on an official map, just to preclude any arguments about what is "normal" and what isn't.

Yes. On ac_tenis you could grab 300+ kills. I think the most I've seen is 386.
Thanks given by:
Maybe you could have records for non-official maps individually?
Like I love shads maps and other maps but I can't set records because they are not official
Quote:Flags (every category)

The game must be played on a known public server in a normal map (not gema-maps or Rifle@camper-like). Provide a screen and demo when you reach a new record.
I find this odd not to have a minimum number of players like the other records XD. Couldn't you go on a known public server with a normal map and hope no one comes on?

Ok I was looking through the records. Does headshots in a row mean the have to be consecutive or in the same life? Ill apply for this one :P

V-man has most posts: http://forum.cubers.net/user-389.html
Also this guy was 1st registered on forum: http://forum.cubers.net/user-1.html
Thanks given by:
Very well, I have thought this one out and found that there are more records to be held.
For example, there could be a category dedicated entirely to clan matches. Then, new records could apply.
Once in clan match category itd be so fun to see :
Longest lasting spawn of SurV/Lss/Tosok;
Mots number of gibs/slashes/headhots in a row;
Most number of slahses/gibs/hs in a game;
All the flag possible records (longest time held, most scored, etc...);
Greatest comeback;
Most number of suicides (XD);
Most number of tiebreakers played;
Quickest flag scored;
Ratio whoring (jk);

And all that is just a moment thinking, but bear in mind that as Clan matches are played in official maps, this could be also the official records, and a mirror where new players could see what this game is all about!
Well, keep this thread alive you *******. XD
Thanks given by:
14 headshots in one game
6 in a row (last minute)
All in this demo on AC_rattrap: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6052365/TDM_ac_r...7_1626.dmo
Two records for me woo-hoo :P
Thanks given by:
What if a player sits in a ctf or tktf by ones self and gets 30 flags and then 6 people join and he screens his results? Is there any kind of solution for that?
Thanks given by:
Yeah ProSmoke, to also post the demo.
Thanks given by:
Ok but screens shouldnt be considered proof is my poor
Thanks given by:
(30 Jan 12, 11:15PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: I'm going to go ahead and say your record is fake and gay until you finish the match in full with at least 8 players in the server at start and at end (At everyone)

(17 Feb 12, 12:55AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: We need an established player amount to get in to the records. Not 1v1 or 2v2, legit servers with many people. Just my opinion, not hating :P

Reason being is people could be like, "Naw im gonna go be better than CapOne and 1v1 my most noob friend on a map no one likes with an open mastermode." What I am saying is allowing your record opens the door for so many loop holes.

* X-Ray_Dog is attempting fairness rules...

I also suggest your record is null unless you finish a full round as well as meeting these requirements ^^
Thanks given by:
In response to x ray... Absolutely idk if anyone has ever played stick arena (no advertising intended) but players would make matches open up 5 browser windows and kill their own alternate accounts to progress through standings. I think if there are going to be ligimate records then it will need to be on a records server equipped with moderators.
Thanks given by:
(18 Feb 12, 04:27AM)ProSmoke Wrote: In response to x ray... Absolutely idk if anyone has ever played stick arena (no advertising intended) but players would make matches open up 5 browser windows and kill their own alternate accounts to progress through standings. I think if there are going to be ligimate records then it will need to be on a records server equipped with moderators.

we had a case like that when hi-skill existed, it didn't end well. with providing demos for every record this wouldn't be an issue.

about more specific rules inside a match it sounds fair that it goes from the very first minute to the end of the match. for the amount of players the minimal amount should be set without adding anything else, as the game goes people quit, but as far as player limit is not under the requirements its okay.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 12, 04:46PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: 14 headshots in one game
6 in a row (last minute)
All in this demo on AC_rattrap: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6052365/TDM_ac_r...7_1626.dmo

I think Melone had 20 once.
Thanks given by:
(19 Feb 12, 09:03AM)Cemer Wrote:
(17 Feb 12, 04:46PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: 14 headshots in one game
6 in a row (last minute)

I think Melone had 20 once.

demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?xb91cw3714uvf0d
screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/xfHhS.jpg
i'll just.. take that.. record... 21 headshots.

not sure how many in a row, however there was a fair few..
Thanks given by:
It was just my 1st attempt. Every record starts somewhere :)
Thanks given by:
I have the record for the highest score on a magnificent, non-official map. :)
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/1584/acmaxscore.png
Thanks given by:
assault@camper.......
Thanks given by:
i today had 27 hs in 1 game at TyD ladder, too bad it was an apollo map...
Thanks given by:
It has to be official maps only, otherwise let me know and I'll look for an old ss of 400 frags and change playing bs_poolwars (or something like that). I have a few 200+ on douze somewhere, but of course I never get the demos. And we should some how differentiate between clan/inter matches and pub games. I can guarantee you that I had much more than 27 hs in one of those 200+ frags in douze and that was obviously much easier than the 20 hs Shorty had in his inter match.
Thanks given by:
Hi, I though of new categories to be added in clan match section!

Longest lasting round in SURV 1 vs 1 (clan match)

Longest lasting round in OSOK ....

Longest time alive in a CTF round ... (clan match)

Thanks given by: