Any game mode you want.
I recently found lua mod for ac and made a little script, gun game. It's like gun game from call of duty black ops. Where you get a new gun each time you kill someone, and when you kill someone with the last gun you win. I finished it and now I want to make another mod, but I don't know what to make. Make a suggestion and I'll try to code it. I'm a beginner at this, but I'll try. Also I can't put the server up right now because I recently moved and I still don't have internet in my house. I'm using my phone to make this message, but I'll be getting internet on sunday and I'll host the server then. Also don't worry, I'll put it under a modded protocol.

Tl;dr - Say a game mode and I'm going to try to make it.

Edit: See http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4765-post...l#pid86708 for the most recent mod compilation.

V2 out now!
Thanks given by:
Last night I had a dream that AC suddenly gained several modes, although they were a little less "normal" than the sort of thing you're suggesting.
One of them involved running away from some sort of mucus-like substance coming out of the ceiling.
Thanks given by:
A good, Halo-esque infection mode would be nice.

In case you're unfamiliar:
- No pickups
- One team(infected) has knives, and the other team(humans) has guns
- When an infected gets fragged, they respawn normally
- When a human gets fragged, they change teams and spawn as an infected
- Once all members of the human team are fragged, the teams are shuffled and the next round starts
Thanks given by:
@frogulis xD It's too bad I can't do that server side, but once I made a cubescript script that made water slowly rise up from beneath me as I tried to get to the highest ground possible. It was ruined as a minigame by the fact that water doesn't kill you.
@VenteX someone's already made a better zombie mod than I could ever do, so I'm not even gonna try. It was made by sveark. Also if anyone is interested in making a script themself, here is the link to the lua mod: http://sveark.info/ac/Lua/
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 12, 04:03AM)Frogulis Wrote: Last night I had a dream that AC suddenly gained several modes, although they were a little less "normal" than the sort of thing you're suggesting.
One of them involved running away from some sort of mucus-like substance coming out of the ceiling.

Dreaming of AC? You've been playing too much :D
Sounds like a fun mode though!

Other than CTF, I would like another objective based mode...
Maybe there's another thread on this but...
-King of the Hill?
-Juggernaut?
-Disarming/planting bombs?

But I realize for some, AC wouldn't be "AC" if all that above stuff was added.
Thanks given by:
Hmm...
King of the hill could be done because of the getpos(cn) function but I think maps would have to be made specifically for it because how would you know where the hill is? Also each map would have to be hard-coded into the script because I would have to know exactly what coordinates counted as the "hill".

As for juggernaut It could definitely work. I could make it so that cla can only have one person on it (the juggernaut) and everyone else could be on rvsf. If what you're thinking is the same as what I'm thinking, I would put whoever killed the jug as the jug and whoever is the jug for the longest amount of time at the end of the game wins. I think I'll get started on this.

As for disarming and planting bombs, I have no idea how this would work client side.
Thanks given by:
CTF + TS (I don't know what to call it XD).

Objective: To win the most rounds. To win a round, a team must either score a flag or eliminate the opposing team.
No health or armour pickups.
Thanks given by:
CTFS? And this could be done really easily, I'll get to work on this and the juggernaut mod.
Thanks given by:
Its like HTF.

but if your teamate gets the flag, you have to defend him, and if you die you have to wait till the flag carrier dies untill you spawn again. the other team can spawn all they want. score goes as normal every 15 seconds.

Is that possible?
Thanks given by:
Alright I finished CTFS, but I could only disable health and armour pickups, not make them disappear. Meaning you still see the health and armour pickups, but when you walk over them, nothing happens. Also I can't really test the script that much, I can only test by myself so If you find any bugs please let me know and I'll get right on them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j7i6eheuliqt76q

To run this script in a server you must be using the ac lua server mod and place the ctfs_mod.lua in the /lua/scripts/ folder.
@gambino that's possible but I'm gonna go to bed now, I'll add that one on my list of mods to make. Right now I only have juggernaut and HTF
BTW for that zombies mod that VenteX suggested here is the lua script, not made by me but by sveark: http://sveark.info/ac/Lua/zombie_mod.zip
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 12, 04:32AM)SplatZ Wrote: Hmm...
King of the hill could be done because of the getpos(cn) function but I think maps would have to be made specifically for it because how would you know where the hill is? Also each map would have to be hard-coded into the script because I would have to know exactly what coordinates counted as the "hill".

As for juggernaut It could definitely work. I could make it so that cla can only have one person on it (the juggernaut) and everyone else could be on rvsf. If what you're thinking is the same as what I'm thinking, I would put whoever killed the jug as the jug and whoever is the jug for the longest amount of time at the end of the game wins. I think I'll get started on this.

As for disarming and planting bombs, I have no idea how this would work client side.

I'm pretty excited if either King of the Hill or Juggernaut actually works out! I'd love to help you SplatZ, but I know almost nothing about scripts and mods. Though I can always help test, along with my fellow clan mates.

The Juggernaut being the only player on one team sounds like a good idea. When someone kills the jug, basically the killer and the jug switches teams.
This works great; as you all probably know in Juggernaut, one can only gain points by killing the Juggernaut (or as the Juggernaut, kill anyone else).
This team system will prevent non-juggernauts from fragging other non-jugs to gain points, as all others besides the jug are teammates. If you do so, you'll get -1.

Anyone have suggestions on how the jug is buffed? In video games I have played:
-extra damage
-extra hp max
-cannot pick up pickups, but has limited auto-heal
-gains health by killing

Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 12, 04:10AM)VenteX Wrote: A good, Halo-esque infection mode would be nice.

In case you're unfamiliar:
- No pickups
- One team(infected) has knives, and the other team(humans) has guns
- When an infected gets fragged, they respawn normally
- When a human gets fragged, they change teams and spawn as an infected
- Once all members of the human team are fragged, the teams are shuffled and the next round starts

I'm hosting a server with this exact thing right now >.>

Btw, nice mod!
Thanks given by:
New VIP concept:
Mixture of Team survivor and VIP(HTF) two teams, one vip (with the flag).
First team to kill the VIP and get the flag before it gets safed wins.
If you die, you have to wait till the round ends.

When just the 2 flagcarriers are alive it could get pretty boring for the rest, but I think it would increase teamwork and there would be less "rambos" who just storm in everywhere with 3 nades and a pumpgun.

please please please :D
Thanks given by:
Ghost mode yo. Ghost mode. Yo, yo. Ghost Mode.
* MykeGregory wanders if CrossFire has copywrited that gametype.
Thanks given by:
Infected like in COD (i know i know lame lame)
Thanks given by:
@jackrock Infected like in cod? Do you mean like nazi zombies? Afaik nazi zombies is impossible in multiplayer b/c you can't have bots running in a server.

@MykeGregory I'm pretty sure this is impossible because there's no way to make someone invisible.

@aslowoldman I'm going to combine your idea w/ gambino's idea, I'll get to making these tonight because right now I'm in school.

My to do list:
-Juggernaut Mod
-Modified Htf (gambino's/oldman's idea)
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 12, 05:59PM)SplatZ Wrote: @jackrock Infected like in cod? Do you mean like nazi zombies? Afaik nazi zombies is impossible in multiplayer b/c you can't have bots running in a server

No the infected in MW3 a random player gets to be infected but has no weapons only knife, perhaps for ac make knife 1 hit only, all the other players have a weapon and 1 nade.
Thanks given by:
Sveark has already made a zombie mod similar to this. X_Ray_Dog sometimes hosts a server on the master server w/ the zombie mod under the name hyperblast. You can connect to it w/ the /modconnect command.
Thanks given by:
Search & Destroy if you feel like it. Will be too bad that it won't be part of the official package. :(
Thanks given by:
[Image: MRVpZl.jpg]
10 players.
The weapon you hold is decided randomly at the beginning of the match.
FIGHT!
Edit: Why bots dont spwan with AR? O.o
Thanks given by:
(02 Feb 12, 10:16AM)MykeGregory Wrote: Ghost mode yo. Ghost mode. Yo, yo. Ghost Mode.
* MykeGregory wanders if CrossFire has copywrited that gametype.

Argument: Soundwhores.

Debate terminated.

The Original Zombies Server was a player pw req server but was pretty fun :D! Sadly, less people played it in the coming... weeks/days? LOL.

Anyway if this mode were actually introduced to AC, you'd have to make it so narbs can't change back to the living team after being infected :3, and lock the gamma for the living so there be no cheating, according to the map lighting ofc!
Thanks given by:
@Exia in sveark's zombie mod you aren't allowed to change teams with the /changeteam command

Also I'm done with my juggernaut mod. Again I can't test these things myself because I'm getting my internet sunday, so there might be a few bugs I haven't worked out. Don't hesitate to report them.

In this one, vote a map that you want to play at in any mode. Then once in the map press t then a "." No / or anything in front of it. This will activate juggernaut mode. To deactivate juggernaut mode wait till the round is over or until a new map is voted or all players disconnect. The player with the most frags at the end wins. You can only hurt the enemy team. This also means that you can't suicide.

Here is the juggernaut script: http://www.mediafire.com/?op7u3vudkaxhjvj
edit: took out a bug

Also I forgot to say how to play the ctfs mod. Ctfs mode replaces the default ctf mode so just vote a map in ctf mode to play it.
Thanks given by:
I've mentioned it, paulmuaddibKA's mentioned it and I'm sure others have mentioned it. Survivor/Team Survivor mode, but everyone has the same weapon, which is decided randomly/cycled at each round start.

Doing this with DM/TDM may also be interesting as the player is forced to use different tactics each time they spawn, not being able to choose their weapon.

This seems like something that should be in the official package, though*

*I don't really understand how to find these servers everyone keeps saying IVE BEN DO1NG THIS FOR AEGS U NOOBS JUST JOIN MY SEVR!1!!1!ONE

Name: uh. Guns revolution/Revolution mode :P
Thanks given by:
@Nightmare If you have any ideas how to do this server-side please let me know because right now I have no idea what I would do.

@paul This is easily possible, I'll get to work on it after I do the HTF(VIP) mode

Edit after reading felix's post:

Wait... I thought paul said that he wanted one of each weapon on each team. Your idea is actually easier to do because w/ what I thought paul said, only 10 people can play. I'll do your idea over paul's. (sorry paul)

Re-edit: Also to find modded servers, go to the bottom of the server list where there are the servers that dont show names. Look for ones that say "modded protocol" You can't join these directly, but if you can get the ip from them. Use the /modconnect command followed by the modded server's ip and you'll join it.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Wait... I thought paul said that he wanted one of each weapon on each team. Your idea is actually easier to do because w/ what I thought paul said, only 10 people can play. I'll do your idea over paul's. (sorry paul)

Oops, reading that again carefully, I think he did mean what you initially thought he meant :P

Quote:(sorry paul)
Thanks given by:
Alright well, I'm still gonna do your idea over paul's because with pauls idea you would need exactly 10 people to play a game, but with your idea any number can work.

Also anyone know how to set up a lua server? I would, but again I'm tethering thru my iPhone. I really wanna play the juggernaut mod. :D

Thanks given by:
@SplatZ and Felix:
XD, no need to say sorry! Just have funz! ;)
Thanks given by:
It´d be nice a mode which is:
If you vote a flag mode in Minimap Brasil !!11 1! you hold no weapons (except knife) so its a FLSS short off, as the map has no pick ups except nades and flags.
That could apply to all LSS maps with flag games without pick ups.

Edit1: I was playing this "mode" today and found that using AR to flag run adds tons of fun, so change what I said before to make it be that you DO have the AR , but no pistol, and that it wont be capable of dealing damage.

Edit2: Im all for new modes!
Ok, this I learnt from Cemer (love ya brah), and would be lovely to see it achieved.
Crouching KTF Only Sniper Only Headshots.
If possible, that the character would always be crouching ( no possibility to stand up or jump, yes that means no ladders or that some places wont be available, but its cool.), and that only headshots would be recognized as hits ( I know this is already implemented, but with the crouching add on).

Thanks ( if possible and if not!, XD)
Thanks given by:
The crouching mode is not possible because the server cannot control the clients crouching.

The knife only w/ ar seems kinda boring to me, but it should be pretty easy to do, so I'll do it.
Thanks given by:
(04 Feb 12, 12:29AM)SplatZ Wrote: The crouching mode is not possible because the server cannot control the clients crouching.

The knife only w/ ar seems kinda boring to me, but it should be pretty easy to do, so I'll do it.

Its not knife only, its LSS, as for it to be "fun" it needs lots of nade pick ups!!! Thank you, itd be awesome!

Thanks given by: