Can´t reach Master-Servers... Banned?
Hey guys,

I installed some mods (weapons too, but just simple that DO NOT give any advantage) and today my AC just said "Master server is not replying".

I already deleted ALL my mods und reinstalled AC but its still saying it can´t get connection.

So am I banned?

If so, please unban me, I didn´t want to cheat or anything! I like the game and really want to continue playing... :-(
Thanks given by:
It could also be that your firewall is blocking out AC or some problem with your internet. If you have a firewall try disabling it just for a minute to see if that's the problem. If it's not then try resetting your router. Hopefully a mod will see this thread and with your IP tell you whether you're blacklisted or not so sit tight :)
Thanks given by:
There is some blacklist reports from his range.
Like:
80.134.154.20        // 11.10.2011 Sanchezt - speedhack http://forum.cubers.net/thread-543-post-71084.html#pid71084

But if some ranges are added to MS we gotta wait for the all mighty jamz to tell.
Thanks given by:
From my range? What is this?

Is "Sanchezt" the username? I didn´t ever use this name...
Thanks given by:
The IP you uses to post on this forum with is in the same range (80.128.0.0 - 80.146.159.255) as the banned cheater (Sanchezt).

Im not saying its you, im just saying there is reports of cheaters in that range.

You did download the game from http://assault.cubers.net/download.html ?

As Wolf says, try looking in your firewall settings if AssaultCube can connect.
If there is no problem at your end then we need to wait for jamz to look at this thread.
Thanks given by:
Hmm... OK, so I ain´t this guy, I only used "Silver_Bear" and later "[GE]Silver_Bear" as username.

I don´t think its because my firewall settings, because I already played about 3h yesterday, and all worked perfect.

Yes, I downloaded from the official link.
Thanks given by:
You're innocently range banned, Silver_Bear. I've PM'd you more information. Sorry about the trouble.
Thanks given by:
So, to clarify a bit:

There was a reported cheater with a dynamic ip (his ip can change) in this range: 80.128.0.0 - 80.146.159.255
So that whole range (80.128.0.0 - 80.146.159.255) is now blacklisted. We know that this might catch some legitimate players as well, but it's the only way to stop that cheater.
I'm not sure how range-bans catching other players is handled with the CBL, but I assume *someone* will get this sorted out for you =P

Edit: And jamz probably just explained everything :)
Thanks given by: