PLEASE do something about the laggers
(30 Jan 12, 12:46PM)Lightning Wrote: It's great to see you have low ping, but everyone doesn't. Live with it.

Wise words from Mr. 600 himself. :P
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 06:14AM)joeyfuture Wrote: Can't anything be done, like an auto kick for anyone with crappy ping ?

I think this is an awesome idea! If it's possible it should be implemented (like players with over 500 ping get kicked automatically and also for players whos pj is higher than 50 for more than a min). That way the game would get rid of a lot of laggers who're probably downloading stuff in the background and playing at the same time :/

(29 Jan 12, 03:27PM)tempest Wrote: Oh, the love. First off, if you shoot through people, that's not ping. It may be very high PJ (saluting, transparent players) or the hitreg bug, but it's not related to ping. Secondly, I would kick you too if you were constantly trying to ban people with 100 or 150 ping, so it may help your cause if you could tell what "crappy ping" is in your opinion. Btw, people "glitching all over the screen" is PJ again, not ping. And finally, it's really nice if you have an excellent connection and many servers geographically close to you, but others don't have that, yet they should be able to play AC as well.

(29 Jan 12, 04:36PM)lucky Wrote: look joey...this game was made so that people with bad connections and oldhardware would be able to play this game. If you do not like it here go play COD or CSS sheesh...and what tempest said..PJ..not ping

I don't think these harsh posts are reasonable. He didn't whine or something, just described the problem and I think it's a very important topic. He also seems to be a dedicated player and comes here after 2 years of playing and saying he doesn't want to quit playing but he thinks about it because of this problem. I think that should make you think...

Thanks given by:
I love getting called a lagger by somebody with 70 pj, just shows how intelligent they really are.
Thanks given by:
Wait, wouldn't this ruin the multicultural part of the so-called competitive scene?
Thanks given by:
I agree with your post Joe. Brazilians should play with Brazilians and Europeans with Europeans.

When I die while I am behind a wall, I call it hack. Sometimes it is lag sometimes it is hack. For me where is the difference? I am dead and I should not be.

Someone with 250 ping is definitely a lagger. But what about 249? :) Furthermore I sometimes feel laggy with 150 ping.
I have played on Hype's servers and it was as if I was cheating (quite hight ping). Even if I did not see any more the player I continued to fire because I could make one or two more hits (24-48 damage). More over I have the feeling that I was more difficult to hit than with a decent ping.
Thanks given by:
The problem is a complet lack of decent servers hosted in south america. Thake a look at both TyD and BoB ladders and you will see a great deal of south american players there. They love to play ladders and all of those server give them 250+ ping. But again, not always high ping = lag and I stand by what said here before, there are server owner pushing their server's behiond its capabilites and that is making lag issues even worse.
Thanks given by:
once the ping goes from green to yellow color is when it gets iffy. ;)
Thanks given by:
(30 Jan 12, 03:26PM)Aight Wrote:
(29 Jan 12, 06:14AM)joeyfuture Wrote: Can't anything be done, like an auto kick for anyone with crappy ping ?

I think this is an awesome idea! If it's possible it should be implemented (like players with over 500 ping get kicked automatically and also for players whos pj is higher than 50 for more than a min). That way the game would get rid of a lot of laggers who're probably downloading stuff in the background and playing at the same time :/

What about someone like me who gets a lag spike every now and again?
Thanks given by:
lucky you have an eternal lag spike, you are what we call a lagarto! :P
Thanks given by:
Quote:Brazilians should play with Brazilians and Europeans with Europeans.
I don't agree, the game stands on creating very crazy relations across the whole Earth. This is why i like AC.
Thanks given by:
http://web.archive.org/web/2007123010370...e=1#Item_0
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 12, 03:18PM)lucky Wrote: What about someone like me who gets a lag spike every now and again?

Well, it was just a suggestion, it could be also 2 mins or so for a ping of over 500 and / or a pj of over 50, all I was trying to point at was to get rid of players automatically who's pj and / or ping is just not acceptable and on a high basis for a longer amount of time. If you're not an admin votes often fail on non-ladder servers because not enough players vote. This problem might not affect most players who play on a more competitive basis and play inters or cm's mostly (or only). But it could really make gameplay more enjoyable on pubs for the random player. If it's technically possible it would be a nice addition to AC I think. The only concern I have is in case a high ping is caused by server-lag and not the player's fault, if it's possible to differentiate these 2 factors easily.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 12, 08:16PM)Undead Wrote: http://web.archive.org/web/2007123010370...e=1#Item_0

good point. imho at least half of the guys who start that votes try to excuse their failing with "lag". :)
Thanks given by: