PLEASE do something about the laggers
This is becoming a serious problem on assault cube. I understand that this game is 100% free, and that everyone should have the right to use a free game, but please do something about the laggers. It's really bad anymore. I signed up to this forum after 2 years of playing just to talk about how much, and how bad the laggers have become. Every day, every match I play is ruined by someone with high ping. This is ruining the fun of the game for all the people with good ping. I know most of you will probably see this as crying, or that I am the bad guy.. but if you lag, or can do something about the laggers than just understand you are ruining my fun, and probably many others.

to top it off, I often get kicked or banned because I constantly try to kick laggers. This is not fair, I am not doing anything wrong. I just simply want to enjoy the game I play without lag. Can't anything be done, like an auto kick for anyone with crappy ping ? this is getting ridiculous .. just about every match anymore has 1-3 laggers glitching all over the screen.

P.S. I have tested my ping several times over the past 2 years and have never had a ping test show anything higher than 15 ms on my end. That result is even with a wireless adapter which is over 3 years old.. - Speed Test results showing how low my ping is
Thanks given by:
I believe it's anti-cheat that made the pings higher in 1.1, but I'd rather have anti-cheat and more lag instead of no anti-cheat and less lag.
The devs don't have much to do with the lag, it just depends on where you live and where the server is located.
Thanks given by:
It's just really a shame, the game use to run so smooth. I miss how fun the game use to be, when lag was rarely an issue. I am glad there is less cheating, but some of these laggers might as well be cheating :) I just shoot right through people when laggers are in the room, sorta defeats the purpose. Plus I still see cheaters at least once a week. Unless you mean something else by anti cheat ?

Thanks for the response.

Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 06:36AM)joeyfuture Wrote: Plus I still see cheaters at least once a week.
I don't know much about the technical side and the rest of your post. But I can answer this part.
Anti-cheat isn't perfect, but at least it has cut down the once-a-game cheaters that we used to have.
Thanks given by:
I am sorry you have become more aware of, or have started playing on more laggy servers.

It is a shame.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 07:03AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I am sorry you have become more aware of, or have started playing on more laggy servers.

It is a shame.
well when no one is on playing a map I want to play I open great servers. One of my favorites has ping of 33..... but I still see people with crappy ping ruining a good server. Earlier this week I opened up one of the servers with ping of 33, and just a couple minutes in a lagger came in. So even going to a server with great ping still has its problems.

I really am sorry for crying to you all, its just making AC so frustrating anymore, to the point where I am close to quitting :( ... and I don't want to quit.

Thanks given by:
Kick the laggers then :)
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 08:27AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Kick the laggers then :)
I try so hard.. most people don't agree with me and press f2 :( its fairly frustrating.
Thanks given by:
I fully agree with joeyfuture and maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm dead certain there used to be some servers auto-kicking for high ping. I wish this was a standard feature. At least insanely high pings (> 250) could taken care of by the server.

I know there are a lot of people having slow internets, but honestly, there's no point in hunting after lag like that. Kicking doesn't work too often, as way too much smart asses consider half a second lag being just fine. Trying to explain to individuals, in order to encourage those to look for other servers won't do the trick no better.

That's quite frustrating indeed, as it's hard enough to find a good game, somewhere between the overplayed map/mode combinations aleady.

Thanks given by:
Press F2. Im a lagger. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? Its not my fault.(Angry face.)
Thanks given by:
I totally understand. Im in America though and AC is so broad :)
I just wonder how the success is here : http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4425.html

I see GodSmack opened up a new server and we have one as well. TyD has a couple too <3 sigourney.

AC IS EVOLVING HANG IN THERE
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 10:29AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: insanely high pings (> 250)

Are you saying that 250 is an 'insanely high ping'?
Thanks given by:
@ Sniper101, It's not your fault of course, but why do you just play in those servers then?. I mean, you can see the ping of each server in the masterserver, so why would I join a server in Australia or Brazil, where my ping jumps up to 250 - 400, if I can get a ping of 20 - 60 here around Europe?.

There was an awesome idea by Waffles and BoB, hosting servers with a range to prevent bad pings and laggers. What happened to this idea?
Thanks given by:
anti-cheat never kicks bad guys anyways o_e
throw it in the trash with douze.
Thanks given by:
Never kicks?
Maybe look over your server logs better.

Dec 13 13:49:50 [-] DautoniC* stole the flag
Dec 13 13:49:58 [-] DautoniC* fast move [anticheat]
Dec 13 13:49:59 [-] DautoniC* fast move [anticheat]
Dec 13 13:49:59 [-] DautoniC* speedhack [anticheat]
Dec 13 13:49:59 [-] DautoniC* lost the flag
Dec 13 13:49:59 [-] disconnecting client DautoniC* (auto-kick - abnormal client behavior detected) cn 2, 280 seconds played, score saved
Thanks given by:
Oh, the love. First off, if you shoot through people, that's not ping. It may be very high PJ (saluting, transparent players) or the hitreg bug, but it's not related to ping. Secondly, I would kick you too if you were constantly trying to ban people with 100 or 150 ping, so it may help your cause if you could tell what "crappy ping" is in your opinion. Btw, people "glitching all over the screen" is PJ again, not ping. And finally, it's really nice if you have an excellent connection and many servers geographically close to you, but others don't have that, yet they should be able to play AC as well.
Thanks given by:
anti-cheat has kicked me in the past for the same reasons as the guy in OS's post. Just for some lag. Players kick/ban aimbots/speedhax/other obvious cheats on their own. If anti-cheat ups the lag(and kicks fair players), then it seems to be better off leaving kicks/bans to the people.

Like autoteam. "Our playerz r two stoopid 2 shuffle. Lets w8 til too mins left then ruin their fun!"

Thanks given by:
look joey...this game was made so that people with bad connections and oldhardware would be able to play this game. If you do not like it here go play COD or CSS sheesh...and what tempest said..PJ..not ping
Thanks given by:
@melone,
the server is still around afaik and we're trying implement more servers in different geographic regions to do the same. a problem is having people willing to provide servers, and also trying to find a way to alter the server to have it kick for excessively high ping.

i agree that laggers ruin some parts of the game. if more people were responsible and played regionally (lucky is a good example) then that would fix the problem. Best way for now to eliminate the problem is to educate the people who don't know any better instead of kicking them straight away.
Thanks given by:
TBH, i cant see how you can lag AC in the first place, People play it on Dialup.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 04:39PM)Waffles Wrote: Best way for now to eliminate the problem is to educate the people who don't know any better instead of kicking them straight away.
WORD!
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 04:05PM)Nightmare Wrote: anti-cheat has kicked me in the past for the same reasons as the guy in OS's post. Just for some lag. Players kick/ban aimbots/speedhax/other obvious cheats on their own. If anti-cheat ups the lag(and kicks fair players), then it seems to be better off leaving kicks/bans to the people.

Like autoteam. "Our playerz r two stoopid 2 shuffle. Lets w8 til too mins left then ruin their fun!"

I've almost entirely stopped playing AC because of the abnormal client behaviour auto-kicks. It happens to myself and others frequently without proper understanding as to why or what triggers it. There is a long list of players being affected by the bugs.

I agree with your take on the hackers, 9 times out of 10 players get rid of the hackers on their own, and even often bring the server admin the ip soon afterwards. In the worst case the hacker ruins a few games with no players to kick or admins around and they get blisted anyway.

I think auto team in general is bullocks and needs a revamp.
Thanks given by:
<3 Woolly
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 09:41PM)Woolly Wrote: ...I think auto team in general is bullocks and needs a revamp...
Auto team is a scurge!
Thanks given by:
is that anticheat code multithread ? each thread for specific checks. the computations can be delayed from RT game.

Lag is ok, it is part of the game, but cheaty lag is bad and should be detected. This problem can be solved by penalization of lagging player, in this case cheat will lost effect.
Thanks given by:
I used to lag, but now I try to play on USA servers, I might be able to setup a server just for people in the USA and Canada on my VPS. Contact me if u know how i can get all Non USA Ip ranges to block (if im gonna do a USA server, it'd be ONE Server that'd be USA only.

I got the IP ranges, time to setup North American Only Server
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 12, 10:29AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: I fully agree with joeyfuture and maybe I'm mistaken, but I'm dead certain there used to be some servers auto-kicking for high ping. I wish this was a standard feature. At least insanely high pings (> 250) could taken care of by the server.

I know there are a lot of people having slow internets, but honestly, there's no point in hunting after lag like that. Kicking doesn't work too often, as way too much smart asses consider half a second lag being just fine. Trying to explain to individuals, in order to encourage those to look for other servers won't do the trick no better.

That's quite frustrating indeed, as it's hard enough to find a good game, somewhere between the overplayed map/mode combinations aleady.

You have to be kidding. If servers blocked people with ping over 250 I wouldn't be able to play anywhere. I often play on servers with 350 ping, and no one ever complains about me being laggy.

Actually, what I'm sick of is people with 33 ping. I think we should kick them from all servers. I'm having a good game with a bunch of players with reasonable, ~200 pings, and some jackass with 30 ping comes in with a sniper and starts headshotting everyone. It's quite frustrating indeed, as this makes it hard to find a good game.
Thanks given by:
You said laggers don't have advantages? Try to run around a column. :D

[Image: aaaaaa10.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, and then what? Lag works in both directions - your position packets will reach you later, but his will take longer too.
Thanks given by:
tl;dr.

How about... No.

It's great to see you have low ping, but everyone doesn't. Live with it.
Thanks given by: