oldvillage new map and possible hanze server.
ok so heres the thing. I've been working on making oldvillage a legal for about a couple days now and through some aesthetic sacrifices (cut out some of the tops of buildings by lowering the ceiling...) and I've gotten it down to 34 mean height. Almost there. The problem is making decisions on what to fill in the middle. The area is still somewhere around 18000, which is a big problem. I'm willing to work on it with someone else in coop if anyone wants to. Just PM me. I really want to keep the basic layout of this map so imma need some help from a good mapper...

Meanwhile I have a smaller but legal replica of rabin's_oasis (i think its not bad). If anyone wants this, also PM me and I'll give it to you for voting purposes/maprot etc.

Anyways. TO THE MODS AND DEVS: jamz, Flowtron, Brahma, anyone out there!!! Please with your authority make a modded server for a hanze maprot!!! I'm not asking to delete map requisites from the whole game, just this one server. I think a lot of people would really really like to see these maps back just for some good memories and good laughs. Trust me, I don't think anyone wants my f*cked up versions of rabins and oldvillage. I think everybody wants the real thing. It's a thing from this game that many of us miss so dearly...
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 12, 02:01AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Please with your authority make a modded server for a hanze maprot!!! I'm not asking to delete map requisites from the whole game, just this one server.

(24 Jan 12, 01:04AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: No, it isn't. Map restrictions is server and client side. I have asked for the client side restrictions to be removed, but who knows :P

Yes, I'll concede that client side and server side requirements are a slight bit different (iirc), but they are still there.

Also, oldvillage with filled in middle area? blech.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 12, 02:39AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Also, oldvillage with filled in middle area? blech.

that's what im thinking about it too...
Thanks given by:
Honestly, making map requisites server side only would be the best political move the devs could make. It would keep the game they way they like it for the vast majority of public players, and it would satisfy the vocal majority on the forums by allowing them to /modconnect to a modified server and enjoy all their nostalgic maps.
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 12, 04:07AM)Lantry Wrote: ... and enjoy all their nostalgic maps.

inb4 triumphant return of the "normal" TwinTowers.

Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 12, 04:16AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(27 Jan 12, 04:07AM)Lantry Wrote: ... and enjoy all their nostalgic maps.

inb4 triumphant return of the "normal" TwinTowers.

I assume that actualy new players who are playing maps like camper@camper or false "headshotcity" should know DA REAL SHIT MAP BECAUSE DAT SHIT WAS BETTER BEFORE! :D
Thanks given by:
Jesus! Anyone could have done 3 new crap maps of the kind you're messing around with from scretch, while typing this. What 'nostalgica' you folks are talking about? I mean. The real thing? Are you serious?

Do you people really miss the crap more than just a good old regular game, which isn't possible anymore as well?! I remember lots of occassions we had 10 good rounds in a row. One great map by another, default and custom and players would have stayed and stuck together as long it was fun. All gone and sacrificed for the freedom of the jerk.

TwinTowers? The real thing? Pff...
Thanks given by:
We like crap, if that crap is oldvillage crap. Nothing beats an old village and its 7am fog in the winter, the dogs constantly barking in the background, the fresh smell of horse poo and chickens. Dear god, i love an old village.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 12, 02:38PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: TwinTowers? The real thing? Pff...

Have you seen these "new" twintowers since the 1.1 map restriction, because you should. :)

Ezjemvill > Campers@Campers
Oldvillage > MEGATOWERS
TwinTowers 1.0 > TwinTowers 1.1
RabinsOasis > Rifles@Rifles
WinterTown > ac_douze CTF
GEMA 1.0 > GEMA 1.1
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 12, 02:38PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: 'nostalgica'
What's 'nostalgica'? :P

I would die if I could find and play Headshot City New York again...
Thanks given by:
To devs: How can i know the biggest volume to edit it?
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 12, 02:38PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: [...]

You ever thought about your opinion not being everyone's opinion? ;)

Well this certainly gets a thumbs up from me =)

Thanks given by: