Inactive clans
Yes, they exist and there are some still listed on the wiki list of clans. However I wish to try and remove as many of the inactive clans as possible. Over time (Seeing as I don't have too much free time), I want to really give the list a scrubbing. Something along these lines to get removed:

- Forum inactivity in such that the last few posts or so are 1-2 months old, maybe more.
- Inactive IRC/no IRC
- Old wiki edit history
- Missing or deleted clan site
- No recent in game traceable history (Such as recent ladder listings)

That is pretty much my list of requirements to be considered inactive. On occasion I also follow "If you couldn't get on the wiki a second time, your inactive" but not so much. I will do my best to try to quickly get through the list and repost clans I have moved. Another thing, if it's a newly listed clan (Say not being on the wiki for more than 2 months), my plan will be to delete the page rather than move it. If you wish to help me, please find/list clans you feel should definitely be removed and which clans seem inactive but you have viable proof that the clan is indeed active.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 07:50PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: ...

Well, there are some exceptions with what you just listed. TBR has a very inactive IRC mainly because they use skype. TyD and BC do not have updated history but they do still play frequently. But besides that, yea any team with no forum movement or no ladder entries should be deleted.
Thanks given by:
kyC is dead, pls remove that, and can u re-add =AoW= to wiki list, since its alive again
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 09:37PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Well, there are some exceptions with what you just listed.

I mean the clan must satisfy all of these. (Or at the very least, most of them)

(25 Jan 12, 12:26AM)Jg99 Wrote: kyC is dead, pls remove that, and can u re-add =AoW= to wiki list, since its alive again

Tonight when I get a chance I suppose.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 12:48AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote:
(24 Jan 12, 09:37PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Well, there are some exceptions with what you just listed.

I mean the clan must satisfy all of these. (Or at the very least, most of them)

lol oh. kk cool that souns better :)
Thanks given by:
WHO REMOVED HANZE FROM THE LIST OF CLANS?!
*srry-caps*

not only are they not on the "list of clans," they have also been removed from "retired clans" as well.
hanze.xiken and hanze.insert-name-i-cannot-remember will be very upset. :|
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 04:22AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: WHO REMOVED HANZE FROM THE LIST OF CLANS?!
*srry-caps*

not only are they not on the "list of clans," they have also been removed from "retired clans" as well.
hanze.xiken and hanze.insert-name-i-cannot-remember will be very upset. :|

lol they've been off for at least 6 months i think...i remember checking there a long time ago and nothing was up
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 04:50AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: lol they've been off for at least 6 months i think...i remember checking there a long time ago and nothing was up

Except less than 6 months ago I had made RR move the clan from inactive to active.
Thanks given by:
Is DES| still alive?
I mean I don't see them on AC at all.
:/
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 06:19AM)W@rr!0r Wrote: Is DES| still alive?

What?
Your name is all over the frontpage now, gz now everyone thinks you are a noobish 12 years old forum spammer. Stop posting crap now.
Thanks given by:
This list is purely based on clan websites, the BoB Ladder, and the January TyD Ladder.

- Angels From Hell (cannot connect to website, last seen on BoB Ladder on December 20th (and that player was Murmer))
- Black Hawk (cannot connect to website, last seen on BoB Ladder on October 14th)
- Gibbing Revelation (no posts in "3 months", last seen on BoB Ladder on October 29th)
- Serial Weapons (we'll need a French speaker to confirm this, but from what I can tell, no posts in 6 months)

Also, I removed Seal Team 6's URL from their wiki page, as it gave me a virus.

EDIT: Removed 3inches from this list.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 07:04AM)Orynge Wrote: - 3inches (no posts since 18 September)

Etch still plays ^^
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 08:06AM)Anvil Wrote:

Etch still plays ^^

I actually consider the removal fair for now, although i don't know how long must be a clan to become inactive, since i remember playing last year (clan matches or so) until september.

about the forum inactivity i gotta be honest, no one ever uses it and that's normal since we use IRC mostly, but i can't really confirm anything since i've been pretty inactive last months and i haven't check IRC often, but yes Etch may be the most active of clan as far as i know.

the 3" Wiki page is pretty dead and i don't know how to help on that, as only clan leader have access to it, and i see Etch doesn't.

and for the last line, you got me there i really don't know what to say, i know we played some clan matches but i can tell 2011 was for me the less i've ever played on this game, but there may be at least some scores on TyD ladder.

Well in a nutshell clan has faded slowly since the latest releases but i expect a comeback with the new version.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 06:19AM)W@rr!0r Wrote: Is DES| still alive?

I never see you from game, Many names BOPES ?

Thanks given by:
(25 Jan 12, 11:05AM)Stranz Wrote:
(25 Jan 12, 08:06AM)Anvil Wrote:

Etch still plays ^^

I actually consider the removal fair for now, although i don't know how long must be a clan to become inactive, since i remember playing last year (clan matches or so) until september.

about the forum inactivity i gotta be honest, no one ever uses it and that's normal since we use IRC mostly, but i can't really confirm anything since i've been pretty inactive last months and i haven't check IRC often, but yes Etch may be the most active of clan as far as i know.

the 3" Wiki page is pretty dead and i don't know how to help on that, as only clan leader have access to it, and i see Etch doesn't.

and for the last line, you got me there i really don't know what to say, i know we played some clan matches but i can tell 2011 was for me the less i've ever played on this game, but there may be at least some scores on TyD ladder.

Well in a nutshell clan has faded slowly since the latest releases but i expect a comeback with the new version.

And you are? :D
Thanks given by:
Anvil: Does it matter who he is? It's just his opinion, you can choose to ignore it or argue with it. It makes me laugh when people instead of providing logical arguments just treat people they don't know as newcomers and see their opinions/comments as garbage. If you can't help yourself with your "witty" comments then refrain from doing so.
Thanks given by:
If I understand this correctly, Anvil is (or maybe was) in 3i. Since Stranz's post implies that he is a member of 3i, I assume Anvil is just asking which member he is ('Stranz' isn't on 3i's member page).

Soooo, chill, Wolfy :)
Thanks given by:
i see 3i|Etch and 3i|pola sometimes though
Thanks given by:
My bad, I forgot that they use |3i| as a tag too. I edited my post.
Thanks given by:
I removed:

Black Hawk - 3H|
Gibbing Revelation - _Gr*|
Respeito e Honra - |RH|
Serial Weapons - |S.w*
Thanks given by:
Whats the "rule" to get listed under "retired clans" ?
As i see it there is a lot of "clans" that doesn't deserve being on that list.

Looking at the list on List of retired clans - AssaultWiki i just "who the hell are they", "WTF, never seen around" etc etc...
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 12, 07:50PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Something along these lines to get removed:

- Forum inactivity in such that the last few posts or so are 1-2 months old, maybe more.
- Inactive IRC/no IRC
- Old wiki edit history
- Missing or deleted clan site
- No recent in game traceable history (Such as recent ladder listings)

That is pretty much my list of requirements to be considered inactive. On occasion I also follow "If you couldn't get on the wiki a second time, your inactive" but not so much. I will do my best to try to quickly get through the list and repost clans I have moved. Another thing, if it's a newly listed clan (Say not being on the wiki for more than 2 months), my plan will be to delete the page rather than move it. If you wish to help me, please find/list clans you feel should definitely be removed and which clans seem inactive but you have viable proof that the clan is indeed active.

(28 Jan 12, 03:18AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Whats the "rule" to get listed under "retired clans" ?

Any clan you don't like or feel just wasn't worth it, say which clans and solidly say why.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 12, 03:18AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Whats the "rule" to get listed under "retired clans" ?

For me, I'm thinking that it should only be well known clans to be included in that list. By "well known" I don't mean those clans born and killed everyday in pubs, but are well known because they have a nice website, active forum, and frequently play matches and the like. Also, the clans added to retired list should have been active for at least a year before they became inactive..
Thanks given by:
Meh.. a year?

I think that's a bit too long, some clans are well-estabalished within the first month
Thanks given by:
Hmm... let me rephrase that.... >_>

(31 Jan 12, 04:23AM)Fate Wrote: Also, the clans added to retired list should have been active for at least a year before they became inactive..
...have (most of) its members and presence of the clan to be well acquainted and to have had a good amount (i.e. 1 year?) of experience playing AC and being part of its community."
Thanks given by:
Eh, it's still a bit vague, a bit too favored towards community members, but that's just my opinion.

Say Waffles and I left our respective clans and officially formed QP} (Quaint Penguins), then we'd already be "well acquainted" and have a "good amount" of experience with AC and the community.

And then QP died the next day, it'd be put in the list.
Thanks given by:
*sigh*...
Well the clan members are already well acquainted except the clan itself.. I don't think you can get a large amount of people in our community to know the clan, plus in that single day I'm guessing you won't play a lot of matches. <_<
Besides, my definition of a well-established clan is a clan built on solid foundations that will actually stand the test of time which will not crumble and fall within many months, and also to be active and well known among many.
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 12, 07:30AM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Meh.. a year?

I think that's a bit too long, some clans are well-estabalished within the first month

Yes, maybe they are, but if they dont last a year whats the point in filling the "retired clans" section with them?
Thanks given by:
These clans have no evidence of ever having a wiki page (By quick reference that is):

aCid m0nkey ^AM^
Action Cube Latina America |ACAL|
Armed and Ready |A&R|
AssaultCubeFans |ACF|
Beware Lest U Die B.L.U.D.
Brazilian Clan BRC
Brotherhood of Steel |BoS|
Chaos Angel |CA|
Chasing Eternal Darkness >Ced<
Clan España |Ce|
Cro Forces |CF|
Crowbars [CWBS]
Damage Conflict Destruction |DCD|
Dark Desintergators Clan D.D.C
deadk1llers DK1
Death Alliance #D|A#
DoomSquad |DsQ|
Dual Destruction ||DD
East West Assassins |EWA|
Fragmaster Clan |FmC|
FRench_Adept_at_Gib Fr#aG
French One *F]1#
International Noob Team INT
Insignificant Others io
Insomniatic Cubers |iC|
Italian Cube Clan ICC
itech-news [iT-N]
Joe-Bar-france [JBfr]
Jo-Jo-Jo Editers |JEdit|
Killers demolition Team !K.d.T!
Killing Is Fun |*KIF*|
Koopa gamma phi KGP
Kudos For Cubers =KFC=
Majestic 12 |MJ12|
Maximum Destruction ^MD
MDJ clan
Men Bala |HB]
Military Intelligence Clan MIC
Mutiladores Malignos de Assault Cube |MMAC|
new World order |nWo|
Nintendo Ring Klan NR
NoS clan |NoS|
One Man Army 1MA
Only Germany Clan [O~G]
Professsional Shooters International PSI
The Psycopathe Killers *TPK|
PUNX
RedArmy |RDA|
Ryde or Die rD
Scholae Palatinae {SP}
Secret Gamers Society |SGS|
Snipe4Life (S4L)
Splitta {SPLITTA}
Stoner Underground Nation {SUN}
Swords and Shields |S&S|
Tactical Assault Team 7 TA7
Turco {Turco}
Unarmed Strikes Back ~(USB
Vexillum Clan V
ViperBrood VB

My quick reference means that I picked two clans from the retired clan list at random with no page redirect and added a page redirect only to show me no results. Theres no way I myself am going to sift through all of these clans; my thought would be to remove them.
Thanks given by:
Remove these clans from the retired clan list, did i get it right?
Thanks given by: