aG 3vs3 Tournament
(07 Apr 12, 11:35PM)Nightmare Wrote: Both teams one loss. When is the winner-take all Championship Match? :D

It'll be arranged in the coming week. The plan was originally to play both matches together.

For those who haven't followed, w00p and oNe are 1-1 on matches against each other in the final after oNe won the last match 2-1. The winner of the next match wins overall.
Thanks given by:
For those who missed out, here's the recording: Part1 Part2 (~1h in total)

~50 people were watching live and couldn't tell me I was screen-capping the window decoration. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
no way to download? :(
Thanks given by:
Can you Shorty, or anyone else, post the link when the match takes place plox?
Thanks given by:
We will post a link around 30 minutes prior to the game, for a stream, and then something similar as to how SKB posted the other games, will be available following
Thanks given by:
(08 Apr 12, 09:53AM)Roflcopter Wrote: For those who haven't followed, w00p and oNe are 1-1 on matches against each other in the final.

actually w00p hasn't won 1 against oNe yet

won one 1 wun
Thanks given by:
(11 Apr 12, 08:37AM)kingCHUBBY Wrote:
(08 Apr 12, 09:53AM)Roflcopter Wrote: For those who haven't followed, w00p and oNe are 1-1 on matches against each other in the final.

won one 1 wun

Chubby's right =P

Game Score Screenshots

Or if you're too lazy to check:
6:3 oNe's favor
4:3 oNe's favor
Thanks given by:
(11 Apr 12, 08:37AM)kingCHUBBY Wrote:

won one 1 wun

he said that because w00p had the advantage ,as w00p 1 - 0 anyone , and then oNe win the first game , so 1 - 1 ... or lets suppose, w00p win the next game, and then are champions with 1-1 ? nah .... does not makes sense right ? (:
Thanks given by:
I think there's some confusion with terminology. I usually avoid using the term "game" since it's not clear whether it means "match" or "round". (By convention I use it to mean "match".)

So why is the score is 1-1 on matches? There are two ways of viewing it:

w00p beat dR who beat BoB who beat oNe. But now oNe beat w00p. So both have beaten the other directly or indirectly once.

Or you can see the whole tournment as giving each team two lives. Each time a team loses they lose one of their lives. Now both w00p and oNe have lost one match and therefore only have one life left each.
Thanks given by:
(11 Apr 12, 02:39PM)Roflcopter Wrote: But now oNe beat oNe.

*w00p?
Thanks given by:
Fixed, thank you.
Thanks given by:
The aG Cup concludes Saturday (14th April) at 3pm GMT/ 10am EST. This is the final final: the winner of this match takes all. Join us on #aftershock on GameSurge a few minutes before the match to chat with us and watch the stream.
Thanks given by:
3pm GMT/ 11am EST
OR
2pm GMT/ 10am EST
Time Difference between GMT & EST is 4 HOURS.
Thanks given by:
Again at 1am? D:
Oh well...
Thanks given by:
You mean 11 am EST, Larry. Don't know about Europe, but here in the Americas we already changed our clocks an hour later.
Thanks given by:
Same here.

France is now GMT + 2
Thanks given by:
In fact, it seems EST is not applicable after the second Sunday in March. I should have said 11am EDT/ 10am GMT-5/ 3pm GMT.

In any matter, it will be in just over an hour's time.
Thanks given by:
aG League Finale is LIVE!! w00p and oNe are drawn at 1 MATCH ALL!
Click: http://www.own3d.tv/live/101167/Aekom

TO WATCH THE STREAM Courtesy of Aekom, with Sepehr, and Jason commentating!
Thanks given by:
Yay XD
Thanks given by:
nicely played by w00p, congrats
Thanks given by:
Well, that about wraps it up! Congratulations to w00p on their great consistency and solid teamwork throughout the tournament. I hope all the teams enjoyed playing it, and the rest of your enjoyed watching!

The Awards | Statistics

1stw00p
2ndOwning Noobs Everywhere
3rdDigital Reborn
4thThe Billybobbers

A tournament this large required the help of many people and I'd like to give them a shoutout:

Refereesk4z, Newbie, Vanqu!sh
StreamersSKB, Aekom
CommentatorsWaffles, Jason, Undead, Xenon, lucky, Sepehr, Vermi
AnnouncersBunny, Shorty
Advice and Hostingk4z and many others in aG
Server HostingJason, Newbie, JoeSmith, B}, DyH
Thanks given by:
even if i only followed the tournament by watching the demos, i have to thank you for the great entertainment. it was much fun to see all the guys play and impressive here and there too. i hope to see more of that soon. :)
Thanks given by:
Congrats woop

Alienware vs. M|A was the best match ever and only happened thanks to this tournament.
Good job with the tourney aG.

edit: Woot fair play award!!! Rest of you teams all cheated. Go Rainbow Frogs! <3
What is the requirements for the fairplay award? :3 Random?
Thanks given by:
it was amazing to see teams playing at such high level .
gg everyone who supported and played !
Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 12, 10:24PM)Nightmare Wrote: edit: Woot fair play award!!! Rest of you teams all cheated. Go Rainbow Frogs! <3
Pity.

\:D

Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 12, 10:24PM)Nightmare Wrote: edit: Woot fair play award!!! Rest of you teams all cheated. Go Rainbow Frogs! <3

The fairplay award wasn't decided by stats or metrics but by the attitudes I've seen by those teams. I was very fortunate that all the teams were generally great, but these were the teams that I felt went a little further still.
Thanks given by:
dyH, not DyH :3

Glad to see this tourney went fantastically well!
Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 12, 08:53PM)Roflcopter Wrote: B}
Hooray! I got a shout-out for doing nothing! :>
Thanks given by:
YAY! We won something! Thanks to all aG for a marvelous tournament that makes AC to be even better. You guys rock!
Thanks given by:
we went into this tournament with only very few active members, and were really just trying to complete it and turn up to every match. instead, we made it straight through the lower bracket and were very very close to winning. much thanks to the rest of oNe for their support, and to the always fabulous Larry for organizing one of the best ran tournaments AC has had.
Thanks given by: