Help - Server Trouble
Hey I recently tried creating a server but when I use the server config thing it says master server failed: failed to ping server or something like that... help?
Thanks given by:
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Port_forwarding
Thanks given by:
There is also lots of additional info here.
Thanks given by:
I tried all that anyone know how to do it for a linksys wrt160n?
Thanks given by:
The Default Port Forwarding Guide for the Linksys WRT160N - PortForward.com
How to make AssaultCube servers...
Thanks given by:
If nothing seems to work, forward your ports and power cycle your router. I found I had to do that for one of my routers for awhile.

Check that they are forwarded to the right internal IP

Check that you have both ports. For the default it would be 28763 and 28764 forwarded.

Check that they are "Both" (for protocol).

Read the troubleshooting at the bottom of this page: http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Port_...leshooting
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 12, 10:46PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: ..one one..
LOL REPEAT!
[/ontopic]
Make sure you have port forwarded the ports u entered BOTH on your roter settings and on your firewall when you created your server. If you have done that, It should be up and running.
Thanks given by:
Hey i got it working now thanks!! ONE MORE THING: When I look up my server its connects but there's 2 different ip servers on the public server thing (both my server and are the same just different ips) and a lan. Whats goin on?
Thanks given by:
You're seeing your server on the local network (starting with 192.168, 172, or 10) and the server as listed by the master server, which shows the external address because the master server isn't on your local network. Everyone else sees only the latter.
Thanks given by:
It is perfectly normal.
Thanks given by:
Thanks all!!!
Now my clan wants me to make another server... I've tried copying the server batch files but I keep get "Failed to Conect socket" or somethang like that... how can I create multiple servers on 1 ip?
Thanks given by:
You can't. Just do the same things for your first server, but set ports that are close to each other, for example if your ports for your 1st server was 2271, your new one would be 2272.
Thanks given by:

(16 Jan 12, 10:10PM)Link Wrote: You can't. Just do the same things for your first server, but set ports that are close to each other, for example if your ports for your 1st server was 2271, your new one would be 2272.

Yep. Do it like this. You cant set up 2 server with just 1 port. Just add a new port on ure router which is close to the ports of your first server. Then it should be workin.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 10:24PM)Joáo Wrote:
(16 Jan 12, 10:10PM)Link Wrote: You can't. Just do the same things for your first server, but set ports that are close to each other, for example if your ports for your 1st server was 2271, your new one would be 2272.

Yep. Do it like this. You cant set up 2 server with just 1 port. Just add a new port on ure router which is close to the ports of your first server. Then it should be workin.

I did, but it didn't work. I'm on linksys and I have 28763, 28764 for 1 server and then 28765, 28766 for another. I got them working for only a LAN but it one connect to the master server. help!!

Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 10:31PM)A-Dog Wrote:

I did, but it didn't work. I'm on linksys and I have 28763, 28764 for 1 server and then 28765, 28766 for another. I got them working for only a LAN but it one connect to the master server. help!!
Did ya Forward on your Firewall? :P
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 10:32PM)Link Wrote:
(16 Jan 12, 10:31PM)A-Dog Wrote:

Did ya Forward on your Firewall? :P

Yes.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-347-post-...ml#pid5368

Make sure that the correct ports are forwarded on your router.
Thanks given by:
Did you change the bat file?

You need to add the relevant switch to change the port number.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 10:51PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Did you change the bat file?

how?

Thanks given by:

First: how do i add relevant switches or do ya mean starting a new server_wizard.bat?

Second: When im running 4 server at the same time and i shut them down every night is there any chance that i can save the server log? That means when imma start them next day that i dont have to type everything new in the server_wizard.bat like an autoconfiguration for 4 servers.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 11:17PM)Joáo Wrote: Second: When im running 4 server at the same time and i shut them down every night is there any chance that i can save the server log? That means when imma start them next day that i dont have to type everything new in the server_wizard.bat like an autoconfiguration for 4 servers.

that's what servercmdline.txt is for!!!!
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 12, 11:17PM)Joáo Wrote:

First: how do i add relevant switches or do ya mean starting a new server_wizard.bat?

Second: When im running 4 server at the same time and i shut them down every night is there any chance that i can save the server log? That means when imma start them next day that i dont have to type everything new in the server_wizard.bat like an autoconfiguration for 4 servers.

i gues both

Thanks given by:

Actually, every server uses 2 different ports. for example...

2271-2272 ----> Server #1
2273-2274 ----> Server #2
2275-2276 ----> Server #3
Thanks given by:
Add -f switch to the new server to say what port to use.
For server log and more read AssaultCube Documentation :: Command line arguments

Its also a good idea to let us know what OS you are trying to set server(s) up on.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 12, 12:48AM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Add -f switch to the new server to say what port to use.
For server log and more read AssaultCube Documentation :: Command line arguments

Its also a good idea to let us know what OS you are trying to set server(s) up on.

Windows 64bit with linksys router
Thanks given by:
If you got one server up already you should be able to do it.

Just add -fPORT.
For example: -f9000 would run a server on ports 9000 and 9001.

And add the ports in your router to your computer - as you did with the first one.
Thanks given by: