Copy Paste - Map Editing
I have noticed when copying and pasting a part of the map that the height field changes in the opposite direction or just gets really messed up. Happens on every install of AC I have.
Thanks given by:
Are there preexisting height fields?
Thanks given by:
Ya there are. I tried copying and pasting to save time and it just didnt work.
Thanks given by:
It's 100% normal! It takes the original's map's heighfield.
Thanks given by:
I think you misunderstood. For example I raise a 3x3 square ofcubes by 4 blocks
. Then I give it a left tilt. If I copy and paste it comes out with a right tilt.
Thanks given by:
Where are you copy and pasting to?

You may not be copy and pasting all of the right cubes, and pasting too close together. Try expanding your C+P by one cube on each side (so if you had a 3x3 selection, make it a 5x5)
Thanks given by:
It's because heightfield "nodes" are at each intersection, rather than the cubes themselves -- meaning you will have to copy an area containing each of the nodes.
Thanks given by:
Select the area, copy, paste and type this command:
/selectionrotate 90
Thanks given by:
I don't think he means on the SVN (though yeah the SVN needs refreshing after every paste I do o_O)
Thanks given by:
(14 Jan 12, 11:46PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I don't think he means on the SVN (though yeah the SVN needs refreshing after every paste I do o_O)
Who said SVN? i think it works since V104 atleast, i could be wrong.

Thanks given by:
I thought you were referring to the glitch that screws up copying/pasting in SVN (at least on my computer) where the destination is rendered like a flashing mirror or whatever.
Thanks given by:
(14 Jan 12, 01:01AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: It's because heightfield "nodes" are at each intersection, rather than the cubes themselves -- meaning you will have to copy an area containing each of the nodes.

Exactly, so take a 4x4 surface where the little red dot is in. :) (take the same surface than if you would edit all the heightfields you want to copy/paste)

Then rotate etc...do what you want with it and paste it. :p

Thanks given by: