Cleanshot disabled by mapmodel?
I've experienced something very odd when I was trying to take a Cleanshot from my latest mapmodel Brick window...
I could easily take Cleanshots from the surrounding area but as soon as the model was in sight the feature was somehow disabled.

Can someone enlighten me here?
Thanks given by:
Cleanshot is the script that disables the hud, takes a screenshot and reenables it?

Does your framerate drop noticeably when that model is in view? Try delaying the screenshot slightly and see if it works.
Thanks given by:
Only thing I can think of is a big framerate drop, the sleep was increased to 500 millis recently. Should be enough for a rather large hiccup even in coop.
Thanks given by:
Indeed my fps literally melted from ~200 down to 12!

Could it be caused by the .png format of the model? It actually consist of 8 layers... I probably gonna need to scrape that model.

The sleep you mention is that this?
alias cleanshot [ (get_hud) (clean_hud) (sleep 20 [screenshot]) (sleep 20 [reload_hud] )

Do I need to change it to
alias cleanshot [ (get_hud) (clean_hud) (sleep 500 [screenshot]) (sleep 500 [reload_hud] )
Thanks given by:
Seems like that would explain it. If the script clears the hud and takes the screenshot just 20ms later you'd need to render the next frame before the screenshot command is executed, in this case probably ~20ms.

500ms is probably overkill but I'm sure you can spare half a second to take an image. I'm impatient so I'd go with 200ms.
Thanks given by:
Well, considering it is clearly that particular mapmodel that screws it up by having the fps dropping drastically my guess is that I'll just scrape it and redo it in a more conventional way.
Thanks given by:
Uff,... It took quite a while until I understood wth you did there. :S

Actually, I'm quite certain you could have cut out those holes conventionally, using less polys than you did with this weird technique. This is like z-fighting overkill, probably _the_reason for your FPS going numb. The whole thing doesn't even run smooth on the UU3D editor.

On topic. 12 frames per second, makes an interval of 1000 millisecs/12 frames per sec = 83,3 millisecs > 20 millisecs. This script can't work on that framerate, as the sleep "will be over" way before the next loop is running and the screenshot would be taken.

Who the hell did come up with such a flawed script?! ;)
Thanks given by: