Poll: Which is your winning map?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ac_breach
4.92%
3 4.92%
ac_forge
6.56%
4 6.56%
ac_frostbite
1.64%
1 1.64%
ac_frozenlake
1.64%
1 1.64%
ac_gulag
6.56%
4 6.56%
ac_icicle
6.56%
4 6.56%
ac_ifran
8.20%
5 8.20%
ac_keep
3.28%
2 3.28%
ac_lainio
19.67%
12 19.67%
ac_nuuk
6.56%
4 6.56%
ac_surface
4.92%
3 4.92%
ac_unfrozen
24.59%
15 24.59%
ac_winteryfactory
3.28%
2 3.28%
ory_crate
1.64%
1 1.64%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

6th Official Mapping Contest - Voting
With the competition closed, here you can vote for your favourite map.
I'll leave voting open for at least a couple of weeks, and we'll see how many votes we get.
The updated map entries are here (thank you Robtics), with ac_nuuk available here.
Please remember that you are voting for the map that, in your opinion, is the best overall map, within the snow theme. You are not voting for your favourite mapper, or the nicest person. Thank you.

Edit: I think I set the poll to 14 days, so get your votes in, and tell everyone you see...
2nd edit: I removed ac_nezorfnu since it fell foul of the "no copying" rule. Sorry RR. :P
Yet another edit: If any votes come from newly created accounts, they'll be removed unless I see a solid playing history. And Snoosnoo asked if you can vote for yourself; I don't see why not, it's only one vote.
Thanks given by:
Lanio gets my vote. It was a tough decision between frozenlake and this. Lanio was creative and unique, and had no inspiration other than Halo's imagination. Map looks great throughout, and the lighting is awesome. Layout is deffinetly solid. <3

Frozenlake would of got my vote, since it's very creative and solid for a newcomer mapper. I'm aware he had to rush the final days, which has sadly reduced the maps quality. Sorry Tech :(

Yeah I asked if I could vote for myself. I decided against it, because I'm gonna win anyway. >_> Naaaht.
Thanks given by:
Cmon guys :) ac_icicle ftw :D
Thanks given by:
more like ac_iceroad
:>
(04 Jan 12, 02:50PM)Snoosnoo Wrote: Lanio...Lanio...
Kid can't even spell the map right! :>
Thanks given by:
Pff. I'll kill you.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 12:30PM)jamz Wrote: With the competition closed, here you can vote for your favourite map.
I'll leave voting open for at least a couple of weeks, and we'll see how many votes we get.
The updated map entries are here (thank you Robtics), with ac_nuuk available here.
Please remember that you are voting for the map that, in your opinion, is the best overall map, within the snow theme. You are not voting for your favourite mapper, or the nicest person. Thank you.

Edit: I think I set the poll to 14 days, so get your votes in, and tell everyone you see...
2nd edit: I removed ac_nezorfnu since it fell foul of the "no copying" rule. Sorry RR. :P
Yet another edit: If any votes come from newly created accounts, they'll be removed unless I see a solid playing history. And Snoosnoo asked if you can vote for yourself; I don't see why not, it's only one vote.

Vote - ac_space
download: www.antoniopetroni.com/ac_space.zip

thank you
Thanks given by:
Everybody vote gogogo, no map deserves a 0 next to it.
Good luck all. <3

Too bad the poll doesn't show who votes for which map.
Thanks given by:
In my folder of custom maps is also map ac_streetfigter_winter as best but i couldn't find option for this one, so the second one is ac_lainio (layout, texture combination, details and lights) and the third is ac_surface (on this map i feel cold), Sniper during creating was drunk (the whole map is connecting together only that specific lack of space), there are 4 crappy and Duckett, Zerro, Tech were too default,Titan too big, snosnoo missed theme and Nightmare did too big contrasts of warm rooms vs cold rooms, for RR map i would like to know that script. :)

gj guys
Thanks given by:
ac_ifran is the best, even if it's not finished.
Thanks given by:
ac_breach it just seems to fit the theme best.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 11:29PM)SleepKiller Wrote: ac_breach it just seems to fit the theme best.

Right after Alien says Snoo missed the theme. \:D
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 12, 12:09AM)Nightmare Wrote: Right after Alien says Snoo missed the theme. \:D

Yeah, I'm as confused as you are..

Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 09:26PM)Alien Wrote: for RR map i would like to know that script. :)

Soon enough ;)
That is only the tip of the iceberg.
Thanks given by:
* Oracle begins the chant...

UN FRO ZEN
CRATES

UN FRO ZEN
CRATES

UN FRO ZEN
CRATES

B} stick together :D
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 12, 01:47AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: iceberg.

Snow pun.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 08:20PM)Nightmare Wrote: Too bad the poll doesn't show who votes for which map.

too good, you mean?
already too much of a popularity contest imo, although cookies to jamz for not putting the artist's name next to their map.

ah, but I'm just being grumpy, go vote! (I already did :D)
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 12, 04:26AM)Lantry Wrote:
(04 Jan 12, 08:20PM)Nightmare Wrote: Too bad the poll doesn't show who votes for which map.

too good, you mean?
already too much of a popularity contest imo, although cookies to jamz for not putting the artist's name next to their map.

ah, but I'm just being grumpy, go vote! (I already did :D)

Too bad because it'd show and prove that it's a popularity contest. ;)
Then we could make fun of the winner for having his friends vote him to the win.
:)
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 12, 05:01AM)Nightmare Wrote: Too bad because it'd show and prove that it's a popularity contest. ;)
Then we could make fun of the winner for having his friends vote him to the win.
I lol'ed.
* Oracle surreptitiously takes down Nightmare's "Vote for unfrozen!" posters plastered on the B} website...
* Oracle also agrees fullheartedly with Lantry!
Thanks given by:
My popularity grows every day, I guess I should have made a map.
Though Nightmare definitely does have a point, it would validate my argument, but ofc either way it's still a popularity contest.
*sigh*
world, y u no perfect?
Thanks given by:
Well, I couldn't enter the competition since I've been too busy with work and other things that require my attention, but this doesn't prevent me from voting. And, as a good player as I am, I'll write what I think about the maps I seen.

ac_forge: Nice map with good gameplay and enhanced detail, but it simply does not "feel like" a map designed for AC - may be very nice for other slower-paced games, but on AC it's not so nice to play.

ac_frostbite: Simple, elegant map with a good gameplay, but I feel like there's something more to improve.

ac_frozenlake: An awesome map with high details and a decent gameplay, but details are a little high when on the lake, and I feel like the lake needs to be more shallow, as any good frozen lake - I couldn't get out of there very quickly once dropped in the water. The lake may also lag a little these old/cheap computers we see on some players' hands.

ac_gulag: A great map with decent details and good gameplay. Probably one of the best of the competition; I like it.

ac_icicle: Good, complex map with nice detailing and decent gameplay. However, due to complexity, the map is not so fast-paced and may not keep AC's fast pace.

ac_ifran: A good map with decent details and decent gameplay. However, gameplay is a little messy - map is crowded enough to make simple obstacles a little hard to pass without much gaming experience, I think.

ac_keep: A decent map with not so much detailing and a decent gameplay. However, map is too crowded, and moving around becomes difficult; a little claustrophobic, lol.

ac_lainio: Good map with nice detailing and a good gameplay. I do think however, that there's still some things to improve.

ac_surface: A decent map with good details and fast gameplay. I think there's more to improve, however - map looks a little empty. And that Mario annoys me :P

ac_unfrozen: An awesome map with good texturing and a very nice gameplay. I still feel there was something else missing on the map; it's "essence" isn't so good, but is still nice.

ac_winteryfactory: A good map with nice gameplay but not so good detailing. Pretty empty, I think - there's more to be done there, I suppose.

ac_breach: An awesome map with very good texturing, nice detailing and nice gameplay. Looks more like an ice palace - I like it very much.

ory_crate: A nice map with decent detailing and good gameplay. Pretty empty too, I think - try adding some more things to large areas, but add things according to the map theme. Still good to play though.

ac_nuuk: One of the best maps of the competition, I think - nice detailing and nice gameplay. Complexity is at a moderate level, but I think it can be bypassed over time. Nice work.

And finally, for my vote... It was a little hard to decide though, and these comments above may enrage some people, but I don't think it's the case right now.

* *Champion thumbs up for ac_unfrozen.

Good work everyone, but my vote goes to Nightmare.
Thanks given by:
Appreciate the time you took to review the maps, Champion. Thanks for your positive comments about my map :)

(05 Jan 12, 05:01AM)Nightmare Wrote: Too bad because it'd show and prove that it's a popularity contest. ;)
Looks like we gonna be lulling at you Nightmare.

Thanks given by:
No votes for Frostbite/frozenlake? o_O
those had two of the sexiest screenshots of the contest.
Edit: hooray both have votes now.
Thanks given by:
It was a hard decision for me between ac_frozenlake and ac_ifran. I like maps which have a realistic layout and are well detailed. Both maps have some awesome (!) details, but in the first place a map has to be inspiring for new mappers imho. That's why i voted for ac_frozenlake, which is ahead by a nose. Good luck to you guys.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 12, 02:13PM)Nightmare Wrote: No votes for Frostbite/frozenlake? o_O
Meh, you forced me to do it. I thought I shouldn't vote because I didn't playtest any of those maps, but just by the looks of it, I liked frostbite best.
Thanks given by:
Wow im tied at third didn't think i would make it so high. Im curious to who chose my map and why though ?
Thanks given by:
New to the forum but I do play on occasion. Great maps everyone.
Thanks given by:
I looked at the avatar and thought it was a DESsie.

Y U STEAL OPENSOURCE'S AVATAR?!

ac_iceroad trumps all!
Thanks given by:
I thought ShadowZ brainfarted as they both start with D, but holyshit.
Thanks given by:
T_T

My maps getting pwned T_T
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 12, 01:46PM)Titan Wrote: T_T

My maps getting pwned T_T

couple votes away from third, voting is still early. ;)
and a veryyyy good mapper called your map 'great' last night on irc. :3
Thanks given by: