Console output
Evenin'.
I recently recompiled AC (for the purposes of ensuring that my response to this thread was semi-useful and seeing if I remembered how to do it) and I seem to have lost AC's console output to the terminal window.
I haven't edited the batch file in any way (adding 'start' etc.) so I'm going to assume it's part of the compiling process.
Has this been removed from the source (like in SVN) or have I done something wrong?

EDIT: I also can't close AC by closing the command window.
I'm using 64 bit Windows 7.
Thanks given by:
If you generate lots of output, e.g. by doing
[cubescript]/loop i 10 [echo "1234567890"][/cubescript]
does something come up after a while or does it stay empty?
Thanks given by:
Nothing at all, other than the executable filename and the pause prompt.
Thanks given by:
What a wimpy script. Try this one:
[cubescript]
loop i 8 [
loop j 8 [
loop k 8 [echo $i $j $k]]]
[/cubescript]

But also, just to make sure... Does the text show up on the in-game text console and not the Windows terminal, or is it omitted from both?
Have you tried compiling again (delete the object files to make sure they aren't the wrong ones)?
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 12, 12:20PM)Frogulis Wrote: Nothing at all, other than the executable filename and the pause prompt.
Then try with 100, or 1000, or try V-Man's script :P I just want to make sure it's not a buffering issue.
Thanks given by:
I tried it with Bukz's aimbot script. There was no command window output.
In-game console is working fine.

When it was compiling again, I got a warning from console.cpp:
console.cpp: In member function 'void console::toggleconsole()':
console.cpp:26:45: warning: operation on '((console*)this)->console::fullconsole' may be undefined
Thanks given by:
That function wouldn't modify the out of game console. It would toggle the ingame console. I'm pretty sure :P
Thanks given by:
That sounds about right (as that's what toggleconsole does :P), but it's somewhat related and it was the only warning I got so I thought it worth mentioning.

On an unrelated note, how does the code set functions that are accessible from AC. Is there some sort of table of built in commands and their relevant functions?
Thanks given by:
COMMAND and COMMANDN are macros that define cubescript idents.

COMMAND(myident, ARG_3STR);

Makes myident execute the C++ function "myident" with the three arguments being strings.

COMMANDN(myotherident, myident, ARG_3STR);

makes myotherident execute the C++ function "myident" with the three arguments being strings.

There is also ARG_NONE, ARG_1INT, ARG_1STR, and such.
Thanks given by:
Does something like
COMMAND(myident, ARG_1INT, ARG_1STR);
work?
Thanks given by:
Nope, just use strings and ATOI.
Thanks given by: