[GE] Clan Mapping Copy's
The Clan [GE] is editing other Clan maps or other peoples maps without permission. I have Tryied to talk to there leader and them. But they seen to not care. so far i have seen 1 of the maps They been Editing and naming it to there Map. If they don't stop this, they should be blacklisted for editing maps without permission and naming there's.

Proof

http://i41.tinypic.com/27znnt.jpg - Edited And Named

Original

http://i43.tinypic.com/4r731g.jpg - Original A |DTF| map
by |DTF|Patty.

They should atleast say Edited by.. then saying Made By and Don't add
There clan tag. also that goes to other Clans and People who are editing people maps and Claiming there. If this dosen't get solved, I and others will not allow [GE] Members to access Servers.

Thanks given by:
They've been doing this since they were [CeW]. I hate those custom tosok maps, but I agree editing "TwinTowers2012", changing the grass texture and renaming it "[GE]TwinTowers2012" is pretty pathetic.

Although seeing as I wouldn't wanna play on those maps in the first place, I wouldn't really care. But there must be some sort of AC regulation against plagiarising another's work, right?
Thanks given by:
yup. there a rule that you can't plagiarise others work and taking credit for it. there taking Credit for others maps. I can try to contact them, but i can't speak german, so they can't really understand.

[GE] Clan Link

www.german-elite.bplaced.net
Thanks given by:
ill bl [GE] on my servers IF they dont quit stealing maps
Thanks given by:
It's only an AssaultCube rule because of the international laws forbidding plagiarism.
In essence, the offended mapmakers have every right to sue the license-breaking thieves of thought.
Thanks given by:
Let the Blacklisting begin? because there not taking this seriously about this. they don't care or i they just can't understand english because of German clan.
Thanks given by:
|DTF|Airport WAS a great map. UNTIL the renaming began. If they want to be known for copied Twin Towers maps let them do it.

How about some solid |DTF| maps :D something with substance, like Apollo's Map Pack, or something that is worthy of being thought of when you think of the official map list!
Thanks given by:
if they were "actually" maps then i think something would be done about it.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 12, 09:23AM)Joe Smith Wrote: if they were "actually" maps then i think something would be done about it.

I should go edit all of Apollos and tell him to shove it then eh? Every map is a map, even the crap ones and should be treated as so (possibly exempting any and all @camper and gemas, they really aren't maps). This map someone at least tried and should be dealt with "accordingly".

Can we be a community now?
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 11, 11:13PM)Jg99 Wrote: ill bl [GE] on my servers IF they dont quit stealing maps

Didn't you blacklist the whole Brazil to back in the days?
The more blacklists the better I suppose.

Thanks given by:
Just ban their servers from the MS, no one need get upset about a BL, it will get their attention and remove the offending maps all in one go!

Simple really :)

Ohh, i almost forgot, it is important to protect peoples artistic and interlectual property, the whole free software comunuity relies upon people crediting where it is due so it is something we as a community should make a stand on, no matter if you like the map or not.
Thanks given by:
The map Airport took alot of time for 1 person to make and he didn't show a sign of who made it. then people just started to edit it. like that okay, but like naming to a clan and showing Made By. that just plagiarising. they should at least do edited by...

plus theses campers maps, people just add in little things and rename them. there like 30 campers maps that are look alike and I think Gowfer that the Original Version of thoses.

I'ma start to remove permission to add maps in without knowing what they are to server or start to blacklist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Xray Dog!! |DTF| Back!!!

Happy New Year!!! 2012~~~
Thanks given by:
And I used to respect them... I guess that my respect for them went down the toilet.
Thanks given by:
All Server Owners MUST Block [GE] Players ip or Tag.

Tag - [GE]

Thank you.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 05:46AM)pkkiller Wrote: All Server Owners MUST Block [GE] Players ip or Tag.

Tag - [GE]

Thank you.

In my opinion, this, may not be fair, i mean... Theyre probably not meant to offend, but thats just my opinion.
Thanks given by:
you think they didn't mean to offend other peoples maps either?
They Edited alot of maps and still don't really care if they stole it or not.
I talked to one of there members, He said he dosen't even care if he and his clan get blacklisted.
Thanks given by: