Lighting query
I've recently created the first level of Wolfenstein 3D in AssaultCube:
(If eagles, silly mustaches, the symbol of eternity or striped flags offend, you should just continue reading. Otherwise, click here.)
Anyway, being a funmap it's not going to have fancy lighting. I'm hoping for it to look the same as it does in that screenshot. That is, I need the map to show the effect of fullbright during normal gameplay. Unfortunately, I cannot fix this through the configuration file as I had hoped. So I'll need help, either with a method of replicating fullbright manually without flaws, or some other alternative. Anyone please?
Thanks given by:
That's not possible at the current version (1.0.4), except you could simply flood the maps with light entities.

With AC v1.1 world light will be avaible (/ambient), which would do exactly what you're asking for.
Thanks given by:
When released, would /ambient be possible to implement into configuration files?
Thanks given by:
Well, good point. I think it should be allowed along the map's config, but at the moment it is not.

I'll ask for it to be added.
Thanks given by:
1) Make sure your map has a config file.
2) Open the config file.
3) Add the following line to the config file.
scalelights 4096 255
4) Let me know if it doesn't work.
Thanks given by:
Well, you'll still need lightents for /scalelights to work.
Thanks given by:
LOL, of course, how silly of me to forget.
5) Add light entities.
Thanks given by:
don't use scalelights in a cfg file (I'm not sure if it would work in the cfg file to be honest, but what is the point of loading the map, and making AC recalculate the lights, when you can tell it exactly what the lights should be in the first place?)

Use scalelights in the map, then save the map.
Thanks given by:
Well it worked, but the lighting is still patchy unlike fullbright. I think I'll just release two versions, one using /ambient and one without lighting.
Thanks given by:
Aye, the more (spread-out) light entities you add, the more uniform it will look when you use scalelights.
Thanks given by:
As far as I know, ambient lighting = editable fullbright. Therefore it should fit your needs perfectly. You never should leave lights out of maps entirely, actually.
Thanks given by:
I still plan on some lighting where the hanging lights were placed in the map, but the levels in Wolfenstein 3D are already bright and I wanted to replicate that effect. And I can't make the hanging lights look right unless I can see them against the rest of the lighted map, so I'm stuck.
Thanks given by: