I've been blacklisted?
Hi all. I just noticed, as I was browsing servers, that I was blacklisted from Ladder @ {BoB} EURO [FR]. I'm not entirely sure why because the last time I played on that server must have been like two weeks ago and I've never hacked, never used racism, never heckled (unless being heckled at), and never tag abused on any server whatsoever in my playing career. I do use pseudo names like "only" and "meh" and "feril" but I don't think that matters. Did I do something terribly wrong without actually knowing or did the server owner pick a really wide IP range when he wanted to blacklist one player? Just wondering.....could not find anything on the forum calling for a blacklist appeal with my name on it.
Thanks given by:
This, maybe? http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4425.html
Thanks given by:
Never Heckled? Oh Contrare:

I still remember that time you tried to *troll* me by yelling out vulgar insults and voting to kick me with idiotic reasons. I was under alias but meh. :)
Thanks given by:
hmm....don't exactly remember that one....what was your name during the time? and a demo would be nice and then you will have my utmost and dearest apologies. and sorry but you're probably one of the most annoying players I know.

I respected HyPE and looked up to them until you and GDM decided it would be funny to "fake-apply" to .kyC"|. I didn't really care much but when you legit started crying about how your troll didn't work and started swearing at me...that's probably about the time I lost respect for your clan.

Congrats. I'll never be as good as you. That doesn't really matter to me man. I like AC but it's just a game :)
(17 Dec 11, 05:46PM)tempest Wrote: This, maybe? http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4425.html

thanks man...that explains it
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 11, 07:39AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: Congrats. I'll never be as good as you. That doesn't really matter to me man. I like AC but it's just a game :)

+1 to you
Thanks given by:
I respected HyPE and looked up to them until you and GDM decided it would be funny to "fake-apply" to .kyC"|. I didn't really care much but when you legit started crying about how your troll didn't work and started swearing at me...that's probably about the time I lost respect for your clan.

Lol did you hit your head on your desktop or something? Get your memory straight. Oh well..random noob is a random noob
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 11, 06:26PM)lucky Wrote: I respected HyPE and looked up to them until you and GDM decided it would be funny to "fake-apply" to .kyC"|. I didn't really care much but when you legit started crying about how your troll didn't work and started swearing at me...that's probably about the time I lost respect for your clan.

Lol did you hit your head on your desktop or something? Get your memory straight. Oh well..random noob is a random noob

...yea i did hit my head. IRL. no joke i have a concussion right now...i play this special something called hockey. great game. it takes agility and stamina and muscle and it shows that my whole life doesn't revolve around a keyboard and a mouse. sure im this "noob" that you call me but meh....being good at hockey > being good at a game that no one knows.

Don't get the wrong message here bro...i love AssaultCube and think it's an awesome idea but meh...i got more of a life to live than just graphics man.
and another thing lucky...this article's title didn't have your name in it. i got what i needed out of it...you don't gotta come in here acting all tough :)
Thanks given by:
Lool.

So, this is where it becomes a flame thread?

ggs.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 11, 10:57PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Lool.

So, this is where it becomes a flame thread?

ggs.

don't see why we can't just get along...
Thanks given by:
Well now that you've brought this up MerCyKiL ,IM BANNED FROM YOUR SERVERS >:[.WTF DiD i DO,...................................nothing :|.
Thanks given by:
Which? AFH servers? i dont own any myself but hmm.........i'll talk to Masterkaen because im sure its nothing man...
Thanks given by:
inb4 flame thread is closed. Nobody cares of what you do in your real life. Everybody has a life, we all do different stuff. I never said your life revolved around this game. Maybe you should go rest that concussion off. You are spitting out nonsense.
Thanks given by:
Mercy, I am bl'd there also, because the BoB euro server is for europeans only, it blocks other places except europe.
Thanks given by:
Who cares, about anyone being blacklisted on any server. Take it up with the owner which in this case can be identified. There would be an exception otherwise. Pm the owner, find their forum if they have one, etc.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 11, 07:39AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: I respected HyPE and looked up to them until you and GDM decided it would be funny to "fake-apply" to .kyC"|.
Hi Mercy,

Please get and compare ips before making accusations like this. That wasn't me.

Thanks,
GDM
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 11, 07:39AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: hmm....don't exactly remember that one....what was your name during the time? and a demo would be nice and then you will have my utmost and dearest apologies. and sorry but you're probably one of the most annoying players I know.

Congrats. I'll never be as good as you. That doesn't really matter to me man. I like AC but it's just a game :)
(17 Dec 11, 05:46PM)tempest Wrote: This, maybe? http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4425.html

Sry but you have the wrong people and wrong clan, i know for a fact they wouldnt do anything such as you stated. GDM is a leader and founder and lucky just wouldnt go that far. Please do not make accusations without proof. Just like you asked lucky to do in in this post "hmm....don't exactly remember that one....what was your name during the time? and a demo would be nice and then you will have my utmost and dearest apologies"

Thank you.
Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 11, 06:13AM)Joe Smith Wrote:
(19 Dec 11, 07:39AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: hmm....don't exactly remember that one....what was your name during the time? and a demo would be nice and then you will have my utmost and dearest apologies. and sorry but you're probably one of the most annoying players I know.

Sry but you have the wrong people and wrong clan, i know for a fact they wouldnt do anything such as you stated. GDM is a leader and founder and lucky just wouldnt go that far. Please do not make accusations without proof. Just like you asked lucky to do in in this post "hmm....don't exactly remember that one....what was your name during the time? and a demo would be nice and then you will have my utmost and dearest apologies"

Thank you.

hey no problem man. i just sorta blew it off as a sick joke and hoped maybe theyll stop being dicks. At least lucky was there because he admitted it. Look to the text above. He acknowledges to the same incident except he accuses me of being the person attacking. he was also using the name HyPE|lucky so either it was him or you got yourself an impersonation problem. Now GDM, you're right. I'm sorry. I can't say it was you because the person I was testing was under the name of
a-d-a-m. However, I know your playing style from ladders quite well and when you used the shotgun I said something like "Is this GDM?" and a-d-a-m said "Ok you caught me."

Now, yes, my fatal error was that I didn't know how to get a demo and IP address at the time. Now I do. And I will do so next time. JoeSmith I've never really met you and I'm sure you're a nice person but your clanmates here haven't been all so kind to me when I'm playing the game and minding my business. I know that having a little fun in game is completely fine but these people took it a little too far, whether they are HyPE or not.

You have my word that I'm not bending the truth in anyway. The most harm I did was during the test when I said something like, "Agh you shitgunner!" to a-d-a-m. When I said thanks for trolling to HyPE|lucky (again maybe not him...) he promptly said "Fuck you" and a-d-a-m said "MerCyKiL, the other guys in our clan knows he has no penis." which implies that HyPE|lucky and a-d-a-m are in the same clan.

I think if you truly believe your boys are innocent, you should start an investigation to see who is impersonating you because that is a serious offense in this game.

These facts aren't made up or altered dude. They're 100% what I saw happen. And notice I haven't complained about it previously on the forums or ratted on your clan. I'm a pretty reasonable guy and I'd love to make amends with your clan. Next time, I'll get IP addresses at a minimum.
(20 Dec 11, 12:52AM)Think3r Wrote: Well now that you've brought this up MerCyKiL ,IM BANNED FROM YOUR SERVERS >:[.WTF DiD i DO,...................................nothing :|.

Think3r to give you more information: apperently you have been bl'd from all TyD servers. However, our server owners do not follow TyD blacklistings or even have one blacklist in place. Not quite sure what it is man.
Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 11, 06:30AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: However, our server owners do not follow TyD blacklistings or even have one blacklist in place. Not quite sure what it is man.

Actually all of my servers use the TyD blacklist, and this is nearly 100% sure to be the reason Think3r is BL'd. Range bans, sorry.

Also, MerCyKiL, picking a fight with HyPE won't end well for anybody, regardless of the circumstances.
Thanks given by:
Wont say anymore about this after this post, but you are wrong about the "fake applying to a clan" , and i would believe my mates over you. As to anything other than regarding to the fake applying to a clan has nothing to do with that post i made. As i have been told and "witnessed" anything with a-d-a-m, it most likely to be a troll. If you have probs with lucky for any other matter you can take that up with him, as that has nothing to do with other of AC.

Also remember that people use other players names all the time when they want to start something. Not everyone is who they say they are, thats why IP checking is useful.
Thank you.
Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 11, 06:30AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: I think if you truly believe your boys are innocent, you should start an investigation to see who is impersonating you because that is a serious offense in this game.
Uhh . . . I'm going to hazard a guess and say it was a-d-a-m
http://hype-clan.com/hypeforum/viewtopic...=622#p2949

I was just talking to lucky and we remember this incident. It didn't occur to me at first because you so grossly misjudged the situation:
I was on irc, and lucky pinged me, telling me that you thought a-d-a-m was me. I then joined the game as "HyPE|TotallyNotGDM". I wasn't there very long. HyPE|lucky who was there was the real lucky, but he wasn't applying to your clan - he was spectating the match. I'm not sure how you misinterpreted that . . .

(21 Dec 11, 06:30AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: And notice I haven't complained about it previously on the forums or ratted on your clan.
Next time, please do complain about this kind of thing. On our forums or anywhere else you want to. I'd rather nip bullshit like this in the bud whether it's caused by a misunderstanding or a member of HyPE.

Thanks,
GDM
Thanks given by:
Thought this would be fun to hop in and join before it closes. GDM didn't apply to your clan, I think it was adam cause he has been quite the wolf lately. But the main thing is, dont let these big bad wolves break into your house. Don't make your house out of wood. Make your house out of bricks. And especially don't make your house out of wheat. That is not the smartest idea.
Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 11, 06:52AM)MasterKaen Wrote:
(21 Dec 11, 06:30AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: However, our server owners do not follow TyD blacklistings or even have one blacklist in place. Not quite sure what it is man.

Actually all of my servers use the TyD blacklist, and this is nearly 100% sure to be the reason Think3r is BL'd. Range bans, sorry.

Also, MerCyKiL, picking a fight with HyPE won't end well for anybody, regardless of the circumstances.

oh. thought I<3Crystal said they weren't. And I'm no picking any fight. I'm the one who created this post and lucky decided to state an opinion and I'm telling him what actually happened.
(21 Dec 11, 07:23AM)GDM Wrote:
(21 Dec 11, 06:30AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: I think if you truly believe your boys are innocent, you should start an investigation to see who is impersonating you because that is a serious offense in this game.
Uhh . . . I'm going to hazard a guess and say it was a-d-a-m
http://hype-clan.com/hypeforum/viewtopic...=622#p2949

I was just talking to lucky and we remember this incident. It didn't occur to me at first because you so grossly misjudged the situation:
I was on irc, and lucky pinged me, telling me that you thought a-d-a-m was me. I then joined the game as "HyPE|TotallyNotGDM". I wasn't there very long. HyPE|lucky who was there was the real lucky, but he wasn't applying to your clan - he was spectating the match. I'm not sure how you misinterpreted that . . .

(21 Dec 11, 06:30AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: And notice I haven't complained about it previously on the forums or ratted on your clan.
Next time, please do complain about this kind of thing. On our forums or anywhere else you want to. I'd rather nip bullshit like this in the bud whether it's caused by a misunderstanding or a member of HyPE.

Thanks,
GDM

lol i like the pic...ok well i just thought it was a little bit strange for such a prominent clan in the AC community to go along with an act like this. i truly think lucky misjudged the situation and could have stopped the prank like a respectful HyPE member would have done instead telling me "fuck you". But I thank you for your honesty and i know TotallyNotGDM was only there for like two seconds and you had no part in this. And yes, i'll definitely note this to the participant's clansite if something like this happens again. sorry for false accusing you.
(21 Dec 11, 07:11AM)Joe Smith Wrote: Wont say anymore about this after this post, but you are wrong about the "fake applying to a clan" , and i would believe my mates over you. As to anything other than regarding to the fake applying to a clan has nothing to do with that post i made. As i have been told and "witnessed" anything with a-d-a-m, it most likely to be a troll. If you have probs with lucky for any other matter you can take that up with him, as that has nothing to do with other of AC.

Also remember that people use other players names all the time when they want to start something. Not everyone is who they say they are, thats why IP checking is useful.
Thank you.

well...i think we solved this, with GDM's post i think the dust has cleared and we both misunderstood. it was a fake clan application but not from a HyPE member, a-d-a-m, who obviously has some problems of his own to fix. however, the thing that bugs me is that i thought guys in these types of clans, the best clans of AC, had a little more honor and dignity than to stoop down to the level of a-d-a-m and help him with this stunt
Thanks given by:
i do not know why you keep associating what a-d-a-m did with HyPE. hype had nothing to do with adams troll. Again saying something happen without proof is as if it never happened, unless you have something to show that anyone did anything please stop accusing any member of hype or the clan of associating with what adam did or the people that upset you.

If you have a prob with HyPE directly we have a forum that you can take up your dispute.

Other than that the only thing i disagree on is the post that lucky had posted. Whether or not it was intentionally meant to start something or whether he was stating a fact, it was prob not the best thing to post. But i will defend any member of the clan if accused of something without proof and i know for a fact that what was said didnt happen.
Thanks given by:
(21 Dec 11, 09:17AM)Joe Smith Wrote: i do not know why you keep associating what a-d-a-m did with HyPE. hype had nothing to do with adams troll. Again saying something happen without proof is as if it never happened, unless you have something to show that anyone did anything please stop accusing any member of hype or the clan of associating with what adam did or the people that upset you.

If you have a prob with HyPE directly we have a forum that you can take up your dispute.

Other than that the only thing i disagree on is the post that lucky had posted. Whether or not it was intentionally meant to start something or whether he was stating a fact, it was prob not the best thing to post. But i will defend any member of the clan if accused of something without proof and i know for a fact that what was said didnt happen.

*facepalms* yea a-d-a-m was with lucky in the troll. thats why i associate him. because lucky helped the thing along. im not saying another word on it. you got your opinion and i got mine and i dont care how much you love your "boys" but my opinion isnt gonna change because i was actually there and you weren't. as i said, im letting it lie so i dont know why youre so up-tight and defensive about it. point finished.
Think3r, i checked up with MasterKaen on your BL. You've blocked from our servers for uploading maps with Nazi content on it. I don't think this BL needs anymore explaining because thats a pretty serious thing to do, no matter if it's in fun or if it's historically correct on the map
Thanks given by:
I was wondering why I was blacklisted myself :P
I don't troll/teabag that hard :P
So a lot of people are blacklisted acording to location.

edit: Sorry, tldr; on everything but the first few posts :P
Thanks given by:
he insult me, he must be from your clan. xD
Thanks given by: