Is there any way to override the map restrictions?
I'm currently running a LAN server at school. No ports are forwarded, and I'm surprised it runs as well as it does. I'm trying to add new maps to the server to keep things interesting, but I don't want any more generic maps that will be ignored because of all of the other generic maps my large(ish) group of friends know and trust a good time with. Trust me, non-stop voting for douze with a handful of other maps along the way gets really boring really quick.

I want to add some more interesting maps, like ac_moon, and even some more realistic, generic ones like ac_metro but I almost always get something along the line of "does not meet quality reqs" . Moon does have a high ceiling with a large open space, but I'm pretty sure that the computers we're playing on won't give us any problems. I'm not sure what's even wrong with Metro. Everything looks and plays fine, no matter what the map restrictions try to tell me. Bad maps will die out as I'm the only admin and never use my power to force maps upon my group. The maps will not be in the maprot, they will have to be selected by players.

Since this server isn't public and you won't even be able to access it to complain about crappy maps, would anybody mind privately telling me a way to circumvent the restrictions? Part of the reason I barely ever play Counter-Strike any more is because most servers are stuck in the whole "office and dust+dust_2 are the best maps. All custom ones are awful." and AssaultCube is very quickly becoming the same thing for me, along with my friends that play it. If there's no way it can be done we'll have to downgrade all the copies in the lab, which will take a good bit of time. The carbine will be missed greatly.

So, any solutions?
Thanks given by:
Nope.

You could play DM in COOP mode, except you'll have to trust everyone there to not edit the map.
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 11, 02:31AM)Orynge Wrote: Nope.

You could play DM in COOP mode, except you'll have to trust everyone there to not edit the map.

1.0 it is, then.

It's a shame that we'll have to downgrade just to play the game how we like.
Thanks given by:
You can also make your own maprot, get rid of overplayed maps and look >>> Here <<< for alternative maps.
Thanks given by:
^ Better solution than downgrading to the cheat-infested 1.0.
Thanks given by:
MEGATOWERS, it's over the map restrictions theory. ;)
Thanks given by:
(16 Dec 11, 11:42AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: You can also make your own maprot, get rid of overplayed maps and look >>> Here <<< for alternative maps.

I know how to add extra maps, but a lot of the time it's more of the same, they'll be ignored.

Some genius over at the GEMA forum told me how to take the restrictions off, so thanks for all the recommendations I got here, as well.
Thanks given by:
There's a gema forum?
Thanks given by:
GEMA genius is contradictory, please rephrase XD
Thanks given by:
(17 Dec 11, 03:05AM)Frogulis Wrote: There's a gema forum?
Would you like there to be one? Anything is possible with the use of imagination...
Thanks given by:
I suggest you make your own map lol, or just go to http://akimbo.in/
Thanks given by:
(17 Dec 11, 03:12AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: GEMA genius is contradictory, please rephrase XD

What so contradictory about it?
Thanks given by:
Haha, it's like you're reading the same darn thread again and again, day in day out...

Honestly Jesus, downgrade and get up your own master server or do whatever it takes to get yourself well entertained, but for your father's sake, stop blowing this forum's database with this redundant BS.

Thanks and Marry Christmas/Happy Birthday!
Thanks given by:
There are lots of cool maps that fit restrictions I can send them if you want :D
ac_dreamland mini-douze space-douze wintertown2 zm_graveyard twintowers_sn twintowers_street PoolCarnage NYC_mod krull_fort KingOfTheHill Krizzlys_funnyhouse AssaultOffice_Champ ac_spider ac_casa HeadShot_City_xJiggy
Thanks given by:
(17 Dec 11, 11:20AM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: There are lots of cool maps that fit restrictions I can send them if you want :D
ac_dreamland mini-douze space-douze wintertown2 zm_graveyard twintowers_sn twintowers_street PoolCarnage NYC_mod krull_fort KingOfTheHill Krizzlys_funnyhouse AssaultOffice_Champ ac_spider ac_casa HeadShot_City_xJiggy

Man, you forggot Ezjemvill...

[Image: 20061205-worry.jpg?4c9b33]
Thanks given by:
Why would you want to overide the restrictions?
After all, they are preventing REDICULOUS maps from being used.
Thanks given by:
*cough* well actually, in their current (pre-SVN) state the really ridiculous maps aren't blocked at all.
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 11, 12:07PM)MykeGregory Wrote: they are preventing REDICULOUS maps from being used.

Ezjemvill is REDICULOUS?

[Image: 20061205-worry.jpg?4c9b33]
Thanks given by:
No. It's RIDICULOUS.
Thanks given by:
I don't even
Thanks given by: