Seperate Console ?
Hey guys.
I was wondering if it was possible to design a seperate console type setup, for remotely processing cubescript commands to see if they work.
Basically have this engine running and script how ever people do, (I work straight out of my autoexec.cfg) and put scripts into this to see if they work instead of having to repeatedly open and close assaultcube.bat and load graphics and such.
Could it be done?
Thanks given by:
Well, that may be possible, but actually you don't need to run/quit AC at all.

exec config/autoexec.cfg

That will re-load the autoexec.cfg ingame, while AC is running. You may make an alias or bind it to a key. I used to use this one:

alias a [ (exec config/autoexec.cfg) (echo autoexec.cfg re-loaded) ]
Thanks given by:
Mr. Floppy, i still have to have ac running and continuously go in and out of it to execute commands. Dont i?
Thanks given by:
What you want is a SCRIPT ENGINE. MUAHAHAHAUAHAUAHHAUSHAUS! It would indeed be useful but AFAIK there is no such feature right now. +1 for the idea.
Thanks given by:
Gibstick, how would we create one?
Could it be considered a mod?
Thanks given by:
I am noob C++ programmer. I assume we would create a CLI for the Cube Engine somehow, which gets rid of the artwork and media restrictions but it would still be considered a mod.
Thanks given by:
A highly controversial mod, for reasons I will not list but which a nod to flowtron will sufficiently explain.
Yes, how dearly I would love a script engine. But gawrsh dangit, the risks aren't worth it.
Thanks given by:
Close please.
Thanks given by: