(21 Nov 11, 12:00AM)jamz Wrote:
// Name: |MGP|Park
// Name: {FF}Sid
// Ban date: 2011-11-20
// Ban reason: Using modified server to cheat
// Proof: http://www.26things.com/ac/vids/park.html
// and: http://www.26things.com/ac/forum/park_transcript.txt
Link to video. Link to transcript.
I'd been given info that Park was cheating on his modded server (thank you fundog), and finally managed to catch him tonight. Demo downloading was dodgy; the first time I tried it I got some other demo. I decided to rely on fraps for this instead. Sorry about the quality.
The video shows an in-game conversation between Park and Sid. Sid has admin throughout the video and is trying out the commands available in the server. At one point I knife him over 20 times before he dies.
The transcript shows that I connected to the server on 83.135.56.254 and that Park has an internal IP address.
edit: Fixed vid link, thanks RR

Well firstly I would like express my utmost gratitude for your prompt action, resulting in me having to go through all this jargon, create a damn email account, and register on this forum.
Now, as the first proposition of the motion - 'This shit is ridiculous and you should put your head through your arse, and kiss it (Braveheart quote)', I would like to enlighten your circular room of darkness that that was Park's server, owned by Park, and whoever is playing on his server can either choose to get over with the fact that that was zombie server (that's the name he told me) or can go play dumb somewhere else. Seriously? Fundog? You really live up to your name.
I would also like to inform you of the fact that I have no idea that doing so was cheating. In fact, I would like to point out that, READ THIS - I have not killed anyone during the period where I was granted admin (Park let me have admin to try out that fun). Well I have teamkilled Park for the fun of it and of course him, being a nice person, got over with. So I was basically 1 - slapping health out of myself, 2 - Jump high around, 3 - Standing in the corner getting knifes 20 times by some blinking idiots, who killed me, and is now accusing me of this baloney.
Lastly - I'm a nice guy. Most people who played with me befriend me quite readily. However I don't like being pushed around, not when you don't have a good reason to. I'm also in the debate society of MIT and would embrace it if this can be solved by logic.
I like the game a lot, especially interacting with people (not dogs, of course) and making friends. I don't really care about the fact that you did a masterserver block on my IP because that was routed through TOR (Go Google if you have no idea what that is) and is probably seen as some Asian IP in some commie state. However, I do like to clear my name, which I've built up and made friend with over the years.
Also, Park is a nice guy and a friend, you should unblock him. Really.
Now if we can resolve this the Vulcan way, I'll embrace your side. If not, I guess a little Klingon-ing won't do bad.
Live Long and Prosper.
Thanks given by:
Moved - please keep discussion out of the BL thread.
Also, without knowing anything about the exact circumstances, here are some notes from myself:
1) You apparently figured out that a friendly, constructive attitude is the best way of getting yourself off a blacklist.
2) Related to that, if you wish to have this solved "by logic", better begin doing so on your side.
3) For all I know, you can't tunnel UDP packets through Tor. Duh.
4) I didn't know Singapore was some commie state.
5) I don't know about you, but if I was that eager on keeping my name clean, I wouldn't get within a mile of anything that smells like cheating.
6) Do you really think Park will be unbanned that quickly if everyone can see that he built cheats into a server and had it register on the MS?
7) Kthxbai.
Thanks given by:
1. Yeah, I figured. Wasn't I friendly enough? Darn, sorry.
2. If you will kindly point out, what are the logical fallacies I've committed?
3. You don't know enough. I study computer engineering at MIT and went to an internship in CERN, who, for your information, invented the World Wide Web. (Which, with your arrogance, will most definitely be judged as bullshit.) HINT - SOCKS.
4. No wonder my TOR traffic was rather fast.
5. Read what I said again.
6. Thought people will be nicer, yeah... You two are from the same continent, after all.
7. In America, we say Hasta La Vista, baby. I don't really think your wanted to thank me, eh?
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 11, 06:41PM)Sid Wrote: 2. If you will kindly point out, what are the logical fallacies I've committed?
See 1)

(22 Nov 11, 06:41PM)Sid Wrote: (Which, with your arrogance, will most definitely be judged as bullshit.)
Figures.

(22 Nov 11, 06:41PM)Sid Wrote: HINT - SOCKS.
Damn, those must be some badly configured exit nodes. Apparently them guys don't mind filesharing.

(22 Nov 11, 06:41PM)Sid Wrote: I don't really think your wanted to thank me, eh?
WHOA WE HAVE A GENIUS HERE.

Anyway, I'm done here, but I have a feeling you'll get shortly after hell is done freezing over. Y'know, it's not really convincing that you're relaying game traffic over an anonymizing network if you have zero intent on doing bad, bad things.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't suspect master debaters from MIT to use their horrible experiences ("me having to go through all this jargon") as a preamble for an argument, and call it logic. Yet I will persist in believing that you are as you say.

I will be more than happy to accommodate your request for an identification of logical fallacies. The logical fallacies used include:
appeal to emotion ("me having to go through all this jargon"),
argument ad hominem ("can go play dumb somewhere else"),
straw man / red herring ("I have not killed anyone during the period where I was granted admin"),
more ad hominem ("I'm a nice guy"),
begging the question ("I don't like being pushed around, not when you don't have a good reason to"),
faulty use of authority ("I'm also in the debate society of MIT" and "I ... went to an internship in CERN, who, for your information, invented the World Wide Web"),
psychological projection ("Which, with your arrogance, ..."),
and a cleverly-veiled argumentum ad baculum ("if we can resolve this the Vulcan way, I'll embrace your side. If not, I guess a little Klingon-ing won't do bad").

I'm curious now, what exactly would "a little Klignon-ing" consist of?

Yes, sometimes the phrase "Hasta La Vista" is said in America, but usually Americans say things like "see you later" or "bye" or even "peace out." "Hasta La Vista" is actually Spanish, and is more often used in Spanish-speaking countries.
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 11, 07:05PM)tempest Wrote:
(22 Nov 11, 06:41PM)Sid Wrote: 2. If you will kindly point out, what are the logical fallacies I've committed?
See 1)

(22 Nov 11, 06:41PM)Sid Wrote: (Which, with your arrogance, will most definitely be judged as bullshit.)
Figures.

(22 Nov 11, 06:41PM)Sid Wrote: HINT - SOCKS.
Damn, those must be some badly configured exit nodes. Apparently them guys don't mind filesharing.

(22 Nov 11, 06:41PM)Sid Wrote: I don't really think your wanted to thank me, eh?
WHOA WE HAVE A GENIUS HERE.

Anyway, I'm done here, but I have a feeling you'll get shortly after hell is done freezing over. Y'know, it's not really convincing that you're relaying game traffic over an anonymizing network if you have zero intent on doing bad, bad things.

Yeah I got paranoid, mainly because of something that happened a while ago and is above your pay grade to know.
(22 Nov 11, 07:22PM)V-Man Wrote: I wouldn't suspect master debaters from MIT to use their horrible experiences ("me having to go through all this jargon") as a preamble for an argument, and call it logic. Yet I will persist in believing that you are as you say.

I will be more than happy to accommodate your request for an identification of logical fallacies. The logical fallacies used include:
appeal to emotion ("me having to go through all this jargon"),
argument ad hominem ("can go play dumb somewhere else"),
straw man / red herring ("I have not killed anyone during the period where I was granted admin"),
more ad hominem ("I'm a nice guy"),
begging the question ("I don't like being pushed around, not when you don't have a good reason to"),
faulty use of authority ("I'm also in the debate society of MIT" and "I ... went to an internship in CERN, who, for your information, invented the World Wide Web"),
psychological projection ("Which, with your arrogance, ..."),
and a cleverly-veiled argumentum ad baculum ("if we can resolve this the Vulcan way, I'll embrace your side. If not, I guess a little Klingon-ing won't do bad").

I'm curious now, what exactly would "a little Klignon-ing" consist of?

Yes, sometimes the phrase "Hasta La Vista" is said in America, but usually Americans say things like "see you later" or "bye" or even "peace out." "Hasta La Vista" is actually Spanish, and is more often used in Spanish-speaking countries.

Few points for information for your observance, sir.
1. I am in no way attempting to appeal to emotions, for which it does not run on this forum.
2. Notice that I have skillfully omitted any personal references that the opposition might utilize against my cause.
3. Can't possibly commit Argumentum Ad hominem against myself, under the first person pronoun. Might want to read up on your Latin.
4. Klingons are self explanatory, however I do apologize for the bad use of my grammar.

Also, pertinent to note - Humbly, I am not a master debater. I just made it into the MIT Parliamentary Debate Team last month. Would you kindly wish to donate to us? They've got a link somewhere on our site.

See you later, alligator.
Thanks given by:
Good point about not being able to commit an ad hominem against yourself, but then I'm not sure what to call that one. Simple non sequitur?
Thanks given by:
(22 Nov 11, 08:16PM)V-Man Wrote: Good point about not being able to commit an ad hominem against yourself, but then I'm not sure what to call that one. Simple non sequitur?

Yeah, and I'm Harry Kim in the 24th Century.
Right, that was fun with y'all.
Gotta leave for a class and I don't think I'll check back on this anymore.
Also, I'll still be playing on AC on armed's server, by another name of course. Those who know me can probably tell.
V-Man, you would have made a great debater in our team, but alas, your from Colorado :(

Live long and prosper, everyone.
Thanks given by:
\\//,
Thanks given by:
V-Man: ad hominem simply means 'toward the man'; there's no verb in there. ad is merely a preposition and hominem, as an accusative singular form of homo, doesn't take a grammatical person. The only way ad hominem would be improper in this example would be if Sid were taking the literal translation of homo, and Sid wasn't, in fact, a man.
If you do come back Sid, I'm sorry, I didn't read your PM. You seem quite an intelligent guy, and I feel sure your words would have made feel small. I hope you're not offended.
Thanks given by:
Just a sugestion for the future here, why dont these people who want to play around with moded clients run their own MS, I am sure there would be no issue linking to it or providing details for it if players want to get owned in that way. Basically it would solve all this hassle, modded clients on mod MS, clean clients on normal MS, no one gets banned or caught in an embarasing situation with a klingon...

Ohh and just a quick note Cern may of invented the world wide web but they did not invent the internet! that glory goes to ARPA in 1969, without this all those clever types at Cern would not of had anything to post their hypertext pages on ;)
Thanks given by:
What about negative protocol numbers? Someone should make that ability.
Thanks given by:
Clearly there wasn't enough mass debating at my university :(
Thanks given by:
Oh howdy everyone.
My apologizes for reviving an otherwise dead thread, but I would like you to know that I'm still having a great time on this game :) This time it's probably an Aussie IP, or an Indonesian one, or some other country along that region (Can't ever be sure about TOR relays :(, though).

Don't worry James, I have the emotional capacity of a Vulcan. Never would be offended :) Care for a match? Just do a search for my name, which I haven't bothered to change.

Au Revoir.
Thanks given by:
Old thread WAS old. -.-'
Thanks given by:
* V-Man calls a vote: Collect TOR IP addresses
Thanks given by:
TOR Node List
Thanks given by:
SAV Node List ( DAMN IT, the link expired )
Thanks given by:
@ Sid

Explanation :

We asked MGP for a 2vs2 MATCH. They wanted play on their server and we started after their vote douze ctf passed. As soon they saw they are loosing, he activated the cheats. At the end, he explained his mate that he can download it, and how the name of the cheat is.

He explained also, which parts he can do based on his server, because he is admin, and which parts are caused of the downloaded cheats.

I was never befor on this server and i did not know them.

We just wanted play a decent 2vs2 match, Which excludes that what he was doing clearly.

I reported it to jamz, to check that. Park is blacklisted for that Behavior on the internal FD Blacklist of course. (unplayable)

Sid : "Standing in the corner getting knifes 20 times by some blinking idiots," it's not fun in a match, people reserve and spend time for. Fun destroyed.

You did not know what happend, we handled it descretly and did not blacklist it public, Park's blacklist entry is a summary of several abuse. The whole proove material from this match was sent to jamz.

not mix up "fun" with the fact that we do not need to put up with that abusive things, or tolerate every insulting or offending player.
Thanks given by: