modded server
hey guys

i was connecting to a server yesterday to ask a clan for cm and when i spawned i fugred i have 500 HP and only knife while enemies had 1 hp and smg with 10000/10000 ammo
later i figured it's sort of a "zombie" mode
but what im wondering is....

how can a modded server be on master server?
i mean shouldn't server's which are modded have different protocol like client and would be unable to connect with official client?
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 10:25AM)Milandrag Wrote: ...i have 500 HP and only knife while enemies had 1 hp and smg with 10000/10000 ammo...
Because I can't see everything, all the time.
Provide the IP address and I'll remove it.
Quote:i mean shouldn't server's which are modded have different protocol...
If the mod changes gameplay, yes. Then the client would have to use /modconnect.
If you're suggesting that all modded servers should automatically be barred from registering with the MS, see my comment regarding modded clients.

Thanks given by:
i will try look for it to provide you with the info
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 10:44AM)jamz Wrote:
(20 Nov 11, 10:25AM)Milandrag Wrote: ...i have 500 HP and only knife while enemies had 1 hp and smg with 10000/10000 ammo...
Because I can't see everything, all the time.
Provide the IP address and I'll remove it.
Quote:i mean shouldn't server's which are modded have different protocol...
If the mod changes gameplay, yes. Then the client would have to use /modconnect.
If you're suggesting that all modded servers should automatically be barred from registering with the MS, see my comment regarding modded clients.
PLZ DONT REMOVE IT IT IZ FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :D
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 08:43PM)Link Wrote: ...

Congratulations.
If anything, your all-caps comment has now ensured it will be removed.
Thanks given by:
here is the IP requested along with the port

92.162.160.5 28760

srry it took a bit longer than i thought... couldn't find it ^^ but now i saw it again on MS :P
Thanks given by:
Thanks Milandrag. This server is on static IPs, so I can only add them as and when I see them. The server owner in this case has previously been told, by me (using the name 'jamz' :P), that he shouldn't allow a gameplay modifying server to register with the MS, and that it would be blocked.
Thanks given by:
ok today i've came across another server with the same modification and was again on MS

70.180.126.240 28765
Thanks given by:
That would be my server. I will remove the server if you wish.
Thanks given by:
"how can a modded server be on master server?
i mean shouldn't server's which are modded have different protocol like client and would be unable to connect with official client?"

Im 99% sure you already knew the answer to those questions and are just kissing ass...

Thanks given by:
no it's meant as rethorical question

to ChO:
you can keep your server if it's configured like every other server.... or i think it should at least had to have a writting that it is modded...

to Sarin:
of course i know the answer but the point is.... if the answer is clear... why are the servers there?
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 11, 08:02PM)ChO Wrote: That would be my server. I will remove the server if you wish.
There is no need to remove the server, if you remove the commands that modify gameplay. If you cannot or will not do this, the server needs to be recompiled after changing the protocol to a negative value. Clients can then use /modconnect to connect to it.
If I see servers that have modified gameplay, without needing \modconnect, they will be removed from the MS list. This is not a new rule; it has always been this way.

Thanks given by:
That is only applicable to servers using the MS correct?

ie not -mlocalhost
Thanks given by:
Yes, this applies only to servers registering to the MS. If server owners don't want to register on the MS, they can use -mgoogle.com for all I care; I won't take any notice of those servers, and in most cases I won't even know they exist.
I'm only trying to protect new players who don't have a clue how the online game works when they connect for the first time. Unusual game modes which are not mentioned in the documentation and not officially supported are just confusing.
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 11, 11:37PM)jamz Wrote: I'm only trying to protect new players who don't have a clue how the online game works when they connect for the first time.
Will you do anything if my server is not public, such as a password protected server?
Thanks given by:
Hmmm. At first I thought this was going to be an acceptable solution, but then I thought, if you have to advertise the password, why not just advertise the /modconnect? Gameplay that differs from the official binaries requires a different protocol. Sorry.
Obviously, if you don't advertise the password, I won't know what's going on. :P
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 11, 12:46AM)ChO Wrote:
(23 Nov 11, 11:37PM)jamz Wrote: I'm only trying to protect new players who don't have a clue how the online game works when they connect for the first time.
Will you do anything if my server is not public, such as a password protected server?

Personally I think private/password protected servers should be prevented from registering on the MS at all. The MS should be for public servers only. I tried many times in my newbie days to connect to private servers not realising why i couldn't. Another option maybe would be have a private/passworded tab on the serverbrowser.
Thanks given by:
83.193.4.158 28760

just found another 1
Thanks given by: