Kicking people
I was trying to kick some teamkillers by using /kick username. So I put in the person's username, and it attempts to kick another person (who I didn't want to kick).
Thanks given by:
You type in /quit cn.
CN is the number next to the pj/ping (ex: 10/30)
Thanks given by:
use the players cn(client number) instead of a players name, it is located on the scoreboard

/kick #cn
Thanks given by:
E.g /kick 5 "Teamkiller filth"

its worse when you: call the vote - noone votes - team FINNALLY realise he is TKing - "someone kick that guy" - FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 02:54AM)|TNT|Dynamite Wrote: it attempts to kick another person (who I didn't want to kick).
When you try to kick them by username I think it kicks cn 0 instead.
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 12:01PM)MykeGregory Wrote: its worse when you: call the vote - noone votes - team FINNALLY realise he is TKing - "someone kick that guy" - FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.

This. ^^
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 02:11PM)Frogulis Wrote: When you try to kick them by username I think it kicks cn 0 instead.

Thanks for the hint, fixed in SVN now (/kick and /ban will fail if the first character is not a digit).
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 07:41PM)tempest Wrote:
(19 Nov 11, 02:11PM)Frogulis Wrote: When you try to kick them by username I think it kicks cn 0 instead.

Thanks for the hint, fixed in SVN now (/kick and /ban will fail if the first character is not a digit).

What about a person named 1337?
Thanks given by:
No problem there - it will be interpreted as a number, and since a client with cn 1337 doesn't exist, the vote won't be called. The only issue is with names like 1player, because it starts with a 1, but the rest is garbage, so atoi will output 1 in this case.
But really, this is just a quick fix. Actually, it should check if the argument is a player's name (and kick that player) and only use it as a cn otherwise.
Thanks given by:
once again....

the amazing

/quit cn reason!

try it.......
Thanks given by:
Sweet. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
(19 Nov 11, 09:34PM)tempest Wrote: No problem there - it will be interpreted as a number, and since a client with cn 1337 doesn't exist, the vote won't be called. The only issue is with names like 1player, because it starts with a 1, but the rest is garbage, so atoi will output 1 in this case.
But really, this is just a quick fix. Actually, it should check if the argument is a player's name (and kick that player) and only use it as a cn otherwise.

What if their name is 1? :P
Thanks given by:
kick the cn :>
Thanks given by:
RTFM...

Does anyone actually read the Docs?
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 09:33AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: RTFM...

Only the people who edit them. XD
Thanks given by:
(20 Nov 11, 10:59AM)Orynge Wrote:
(20 Nov 11, 09:33AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: RTFM...

Only the people who edit them. XD

F1
Thanks given by:
/kick 9 epic_tker_kick_lag_hacks_f1_ctf_247_douze_nao_plox
Thanks given by:
xD ikr Bukz. :D
Thanks given by:
Further variants:
[cubescript]
/showmenu "kick player"
/kick (findcn "This Evil One") "because it's an evil player"
/_kickbanreason = "because .. IDK"; showmenu "kick player"
[/cubescript]
The 1st variant will show you the menu, on selection the reason will be "NONE", the 2nd one finds the clientnum of the (1st!) player with that name; the 3rd variant is like the first but makes use of an individualized reason, albeit an improper one.
HTH
Thanks given by:
how about /pnkick ?

I lost the script for this XD
Thanks given by:
[cubescript]pnkick = [ kick (findcn $arg1) $arg2 ]
// /pnkick unarmed "max lag"[/cubescript]

Won't work (properly) if there are multiple people using the same name though.
Thanks given by:
Yes, as I said - it'll find the 1st client with that name .. so being called "unarmed" might cause confusion; the cn (clientnum) is the safest handle!
Thanks given by:
Until you get to the part where bots get duplicated client numbers. :-P
Thanks given by:
bots aren't the real issue here, but I remember you telling me this ages ago already *blush*
for one thing, bots get kicked by name with "kickbot"; on the other hand the code assigning them their clientnum was naive, it didn't anticipate kicking and adding them :-P
Fixed in revision 6706!
Thanks given by:
<3
* V-Man updates to 6706
Thanks given by:
Kicking bots? What for? Foul language? XD
Thanks given by:
Impersonation, for example. "sprah" et al. :P
Thanks given by:
I had a clan match against bots once. I kicked them all for impersonating eQ after the match was done.
[Image: cmveq.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23 Nov 11, 12:37PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Kicking bots? What for? Foul language? XD

Actually, it's because I suspected a couple of them of aimbotting. I'll upload the demos to the blacklist as soon as I can confirm it.

:-P
Thanks given by:
I've seen some bots speedhack before...
Thanks given by: