Poll: What sniper damage do you want for the next AC?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
85 hp (+1 pistol (2-3 if kevlar) or 1 knife)
50.79%
32 50.79%
82 hp (+2 pistol (3-4 if kevlar) or 1 knife (2 if kevlar))
36.51%
23 36.51%
80 hp (+2 pistol (3-4-5 if kevlar) or 1 knife (2 if kevlar))
12.70%
8 12.70%
Total 63 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The sniper.
(04 Dec 11, 12:31PM)M__Stayla Wrote:
(04 Dec 11, 08:30AM)Sacerockin Wrote: (Whoever says it is not true, is a noob (there will be some 'cause they love to be called noobs))

Really. There are so many players loving the sniper in this version. Robtics, L0rdzZ, myself any many others. Are we all noobs, because we like this sniper? :s

Who are you? without any kind of intention to offend you but the sniper got killed, is not the same, you can say whatever you want that it won't get it back.

I ask you what about CoxA or Wolf? Do they love this actual sniper? no, because they as real snipers know the reality of the situation.

For example I've seen Robtics playing with AR/SMG (Don't remember which one, maybe both) and what I mean with this? there's none who plays sniper all the games at the highest level against REAL competitors.

Look Undead, he says sniper is okay, hes a real sniper, blahblah and he only uses AR.
-R u fuckin kiddin me?-

(04 Dec 11, 02:36PM)Benson Wrote:
(04 Dec 11, 01:31PM).ExodusS* Wrote: ...
When a clan start using it he's stronger, you can take BoB/FD as exemples. A lot of players will say "hey they are progressing, the AR is for nothing" but it's false, how many CM did i play against them on the 1.0 and before they took the AR...

BoB and FD did progress a lot, though you're right in a way. What helps them most is the ability of the AR to use the recoil as accelerator (riflejump). As the AR has 20 bullets in 1.1. riflejumping got so popular.

If you're using a sniper in CTF and you lose a duel against an AR, who enters your base (he can have 4 hp and still...) and riflejumps away with the flag around the next corner, you're not able to get him.
On maps like depot (e.g. your mate is tunnel, riflejumper is main), that's a save flag for them.

--> AR isn't only the strongest fragging-gun, but also the strongest tactical (ctf,htf,tktf...)-gun.
give the AR just 15 bullets again, and it will be better. (ofc it's still possible to riflejump, but it's that strong for fragging, so less people will use it, and the game will be more balanced.)

And increase its recoil and smg's as well.
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 10:32PM)Sacerockin Wrote: Who are you? without any kind of intention to offend you but the sniper got killed, is not the same, you can say whatever you want that it won't get it back.

I ask you what about CoxA or Wolf? Do they love this actual sniper? no, because they as real snipers know the reality of the situation.

For example I've seen Robtics playing with AR/SMG (Don't remember which one, maybe both) and what I mean with this? there's none who plays sniper all the games at the higher level against REAL competitors.

Look Undead, he says sniper is okay, hes a real sniper, blahblah and he only uses AR.
-R u fuckin kiddin me?-

My name is MeLonE=MyS=. I've been playing sniper only for over 6 months now. Not only because I got bored of SMG, more because I simply play better with it. I have no problems with the normal sniper. I still can rush, score flags ect...I am never lost with my sniper. Whether my enemy is an awesome AR/SMG player or not. It is not killed at all.
Thanks given by:
Problem is, Melone is right, he really owns with it, not only at depot.
But as I always say, Melone is a special talent.
Thanks given by:
I'm tired of people asking "who are you?"
What sort of answer do you guys even expect when you ask this inane question?
Thanks given by:
It's even funnier because I (and probably many more people) recognize MeLone waaay more than I (and aforementioned others) would ever recognize this "Sacerockin" guy.

+1 irony
Thanks given by:
If you are looking for the discussion in this thread it is there, down the toilet!

[Image: flushing_toilet.jpg]

VOTE FOR SMG, btw!
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 11:00PM)M__Stayla Wrote:
(04 Dec 11, 10:32PM)Sacerockin Wrote: Who are you? without any kind of intention to offend you but the sniper got killed, is not the same, you can say whatever you want that it won't get it back.

For example I've seen Robtics playing with AR/SMG (Don't remember which one, maybe both) and what I mean with this? there's none who plays sniper all the games at the higher level against REAL competitors.

-R u fuckin kiddin me?-

My name is MeLonE=MyS=. I've been playing sniper only for over 6 months now. Not only because I got bored of SMG, more because I simply play better with it. I have no problems with the normal sniper. I still can rush, score flags ect...I am never lost with my sniper. Whether my enemy is an awesome AR/SMG player or not. It is not killed at all.

Damn, too lazy to explain but here we go..

The problem is not the sniper itself, the problem is because of the weapon imbalance EDIT: + helmets (Thanks Wolf for remind me that).. if you own, that's great I suppose but I've never seen you doing that tbh. Nothing personal, I respect your point of view but I don't share it.

(04 Dec 11, 11:15PM)V-Man Wrote: I'm tired of people asking "who are you?"
What sort of answer do you guys even expect when you ask this inane question?

I was asking 'cause I didn't remember him, what's the problem? maybe I would asked for some other alias and then you wouldn't get mad.

(04 Dec 11, 11:36PM)VenteX Wrote: It's even funnier because I (and probably many more people) recognize MeLone waaay more than I (and aforementioned others) would ever recognize this "Sacerockin" guy.

+1 irony

;)
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 11:55PM)Sacerockin Wrote: Damn, too lazy to explain but here we go..

The problem is not the sniper itself, the problem is because of the weapon imbalance EDIT: + helmets (Thanks Wolf for remind me that).. if you own, that's great I suppose but I've never seen you doing that tbh. Nothing personal, I respect your point of view but I don't share it.

I didn't say I own, Benson did. I simply said that the sniper isnt unbalanced at all, and took myself, lordz and Robtic as example, because me and lordz can stand the pro-ar's. There are also many other players, which can handle the pro-ar's. So it's simply a fact, that the sniper is not killed

Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 04:49PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I would play a game against FD and BoB without any AR , it should be very interesting.

I would love to
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 01:31PM).ExodusS* Wrote: When a clan start using it he's stronger, you can take BoB/FD as exemples. A lot of players will say "hey they are progressing, the AR is for nothing" but it's false, how many CM did i play against them on the 1.0 and before they took the AR...

BoB actually didn't progress because of AR, we have progressed because we are active a lot, we studied tactics and we play the damn game unlike certain philosophers of the game...Actually BoB has good aiming skills with AR, and riflesprint is our bad side. There are a lot of clans that fly better with AR then any BoB, and we will certainly improve that part of our game. For the ppl that are trying to be smart just to add one thing more, we play with all weapons during clan matches, and if u never played against us why do u draw conclusions :s

P.S. the best solution for sniper is to leave it as it is and make less powerful AR's rifle sprint
Thanks given by:
play with the weapons you're given.

i don't see the point in discussing who is better/worse in what seems to try and be a balance thread.

if you're given an advantage, i would assume most intelligent people would use it.

as far as the new balances go, decrease the kickback/recoil of AR (damage is already less) and decrease the spread. even with it at what it is i've never shot any gun that has as much spread as the AR or SMG.

sniper, as stated by melone, is already easily competitive with some skill although the un-scoped spread is a little ridiculous. pistol has already been beefed to compensate.

obviously it needs more testing to be really balanced, but instead of slandering people needlessly, try and direct your comments in a useful way (for all the haters)
Thanks given by:
AR? Spread? Since when?!
Thanks given by:
Oh.. Mah.. GAWD...

SHUT THE F**K UP! Your just going over the same retarded points over and over, the thick idiots won't get how changed the sniper is, because they're all 1.1 players that never played 1.0 with the sniper, thats Why MELONE sees no different, in 1.0 he was an SMG player, because it was OP.

So, using the sniper for *ONLY* 6 months means he has no idea what it was like in 1.0.. If you want to know what was better 1.0 sniper feel or 1.1 come ask Undead, S4cer, Wolf, Sanzo, Ech0, CoxA* or I , honestly you've got no idea how different the snipers feel is, and when they fix the .1s delay as well as shots being dropped every now and then you will see how well a sniper really is...
Thanks given by:
guys,everything it is about that spread, even pistol is more accurate, ... it is Brahma's job, he didn't like snipers ... i think he was successful ;) ... guys fight about other changed parameters of sniper, even in 1.0 you had armed enemies in clan matches, it isn't about value of damage or speed of shooting ;) What do you think, what can really destroy good sniper ? :D
Thanks given by:
Safe to say, melone has always been a good sniper
Thanks given by:
So much hate in this thread, sad... (I thought the intention of .ExodusS* was to have a constructive discussion).

The way I see it the core problem might be how people see the sniper, as defensive weapon or also having the ability to rush with it. I already stated that I see the sniper as weapon mostly for defense and support. It's the same for other weapons, like (only my opinion):

SMG = not meant to be used in open spaces, very effective on short range
Shotgun = same
Carbine = mostly for distance shooting, hard to play with it due to the time issue between shots (carbine + pistol combo possible but not effective due to armor) --> CharlieMurphy should be saying something about the current feel of the carbine ;)
AR = All around weapon, should have an advantage over smg on distance, but disadvantage against smg on short range, ability to rifle sprint and jump
--> the way it is now it's a bit overpowered, reducing the clip and making it harder to rifle sprint might bring more balance (it shouldn't be nerfed too much)

The whole balance discussion will never stop, but there might be ways to enforce the balance of weapons, like:

Do not change the values of every weapon in future versions, stick to weapons that proved to be good.
--> In my opinion, smg is good even though it's hard to play with it on long distances, but as like I said, I see the smg as weapon with which you should normally prevent facing enemies on distance, others might disagree with me on this point, I know.

So there would be for instance one weapon which should be untouched and the others would be in need of balance. Once the values of another weapon might be solved (maybe the ar, as like I said it shouldn't be nerfed too much, cause I think everyone remembers the 1.0 ar and the way it is now, big difference...) the whole balance might progress faster. Just the way I see it.

Sorry for writing so much, I was not able to shorten it.
Thanks given by:
offtopic
@ Exoduss

(04 Dec 11, 04:49PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I would play a game against FD and BoB without any AR , it should be very interesting.

i doubt, that you then still not are capable,
to play until the end and with real name:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4739/2011...esert3.jpg

http://ww.fd.tc/include.php?path=popup&m...ges&id=761

Thanks given by:
side note my man castiel played on FD's server(last night), a shocking 50% of his bullets were dropped, serious wtf, he documented it check it out, spread the word, do not play on their server if you want a fair match.

sheriff is another person who is suspected by many people of cheating, stop throwing shit man
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 11, 10:01AM)Vermi Wrote: my man castiel played on FD's server, a shocking 50% of his bullets were dropped

(05 Dec 11, 10:01AM)Vermi Wrote: sheriff is another person who is suspected by many people of cheating

(05 Dec 11, 10:01AM)Vermi Wrote: stop throwing shit man

you realize what?

Thanks given by:
there you go again, causing an uproar.
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 11, 08:42AM)Alien Wrote: guys,everything it is about that spread, even pistol is more accurate, ... it is Brahma's job, he didn't like snipers ... i think he was successful ;) ... guys fight about other changed parameters of sniper, even in 1.0 you had armed enemies in clan matches, it isn't about value of damage or speed of shooting ;) What do you think, what can really destroy good sniper ? :D

Alien, it has to do a little with everything imo. As far as i remember armor values never were a big influence as they are now, it used to be about saving you for 1 shoot or so, that gave the slight part of tactic into this game without hurting guns, so you used to rely more in your aim than worrying about anything else.
Thanks given by:
Shorty don't say something you can't know. I did play sniper very often in the old version. Yes, my main weapon was the smg, but I used sniper very often as well, so I can actually judge.

I don't say the sniper didn't change. If you read my previous posts again, I just said that it is not "killed".

Btw, Vermi is totally right about the hit reg.

Waffle's and Aight's posts are good aswell.
Thanks given by:
Shorty is right, end of discussion.
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 11, 01:31AM)Z-karIuS Wrote: Shorty is right, end of discussion.

Let's say everybody has his own opinion about that, k?!
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 11, 01:33AM)M__Stayla Wrote:

Not good! Some opinions are major crap, no matter who is their owner!

Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 11:41PM)ElCrema Wrote: If you are looking for the discussion in this thread it is there, down the toilet!

[Image: flushing_toilet.jpg]
Yep, ElCrema summed up this thread nicely.
Thanks given by:
So I'm not the only one that agrees with the "feel" of the gun. I was worried
Thanks given by:
(06 Dec 11, 02:21AM)ElCrema Wrote:
(06 Dec 11, 01:33AM)M__Stayla Wrote:

Not good! Some opinions are major crap, no matter who is their owner!

They are crap for you and some others, not for everyone.
Thanks given by:
Wanna know what I really don't care about? This thread. It was good for nothing but flames. If any one has something they find relevant regarding weapon balance, post it here and here (thou the last one is slowly degrading too).

CLOSED!
Thanks given by: