Poll: What sniper damage do you want for the next AC?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
85 hp (+1 pistol (2-3 if kevlar) or 1 knife)
50.79%
32 50.79%
82 hp (+2 pistol (3-4 if kevlar) or 1 knife (2 if kevlar))
36.51%
23 36.51%
80 hp (+2 pistol (3-4-5 if kevlar) or 1 knife (2 if kevlar))
12.70%
8 12.70%
Total 63 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The sniper.
You don't need to hit all those pistol shots. You always have the ability to master the knife and be able to swiftly use it between sniper shots :)

The values by kchub are good, and regarding rushing with sniper, I've seen many pro snipers out there that can do it, and the sniper's nature is not even to rush, it's a side weapon for covers. I'm aware this game changes that nature in its own way, but just to remind you that if you are annoyed you can't rush with the sniper then rethink the general nature of the sniper.

It's like treating any other or wanting to treat any other weapon against it's own. If you're an SMG player and you try to treat it like an AR shooting always from long range and raging when you can't hit anyone, then you must realize the way you're treating the weapon is wrong!

2 cents darlings
Thanks given by:
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Dodge!

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball!
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 11, 01:26AM)M__Stayla Wrote: Exactly. But sadly ExodusS, haste and some others think you can't rush with the current sniper, that's why the current sniper is "not good". only 1 chance to kill your enemy before his AR takes you? No offense to anyone, but thats bs. You can get a 2nd, 3rd and even more chances!

Ok so now i want the demo when you have 3 chances to kill the enemy in clan match against good AR without camping or staying position (rushing as you said).

Please.

Thanks given by:
I get second sniper shots a lot(after switching back to the pistol, then switching back)
(But I miss both so oh well)

Not meant to be a rushing weapon anyways. And it is used as a rushing weapon a lot, especially on pubs.
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 11, 02:07PM)Nightmare Wrote: And it is used as a rushing weapon a lot, especially on pubs.

When you shot 2 lucky headshots in a corner near the enemy base?

Pff the Carabine is 100 x better in all situations instead of the HS, but please, try to headshot an AR jumping everywhere.

Thanks given by:
Quote:When you shot 2 lucky headshots in a corner near the enemy base?

Pff the Carabine is 100 x better in all situations instead of the HS, but please, try to headshot an AR jumping everywhere.

Do you even bother to practice with the sniper? In other games were the sniper is pretty much how it is here, I've seen people get headshots easy because they've practice with it alot.
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 11, 10:38PM)SleepKiller Wrote:
Quote:When you shot 2 lucky headshots in a corner near the enemy base?

Do you even bother to practice with the sniper? In other games were the sniper is pretty much how it is here, I've seen people get headshots easy because they've practice with it alot.

-->
(28 Nov 11, 10:27PM).ExodusS* Wrote: try to headshot an AR jumping everywhere.

Don't be a fool, SleepKiller.

btw this is not about how good you can get with the sniper after years of training. After years of training it's possible to be good with any weapon. But then the AR has still a huge advantage in comparison to the sniper.
Thanks given by:
I'll send you a demo of succesful rushing with a sniper tomorrow.

A demo with a 2nd and 3rd chance of shoting, well, I'll have to search one. I'm pretty sure I do have someof them. I just dont normally get demos of when I failed, but as I said, I'm sure I'll get one for you. :)
Thanks given by:
Again melone, not all of us can rush with the sniper effectively.
Thanks given by:
Practice makes perfect. Don't just give up after your first ten trys.
Thanks given by:
i played a lot with the sniper, so i think i can say a bit too. what you need to be a awesome sniper-player? a very very good accuracy. anyway - if you fight against a "pro" AR/smg-player, which is in your proximity and your first sniper-shot went wrong, you are dead. but that is ok. consider that the sniper is normally difficult from weight and makes you slow, so its not provided to rush with that weapon...+ the headshot-2-frag-point-Bonus-thing...makes it certainly not to a rush weapon, because the most headshots will made with scope by a distance.
Thanks given by:
Proximity? Yes i'm ok with that, but the AR (and the carabine) is stronger than a Sniper at far distances and that's the point.
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 11, 11:29AM).ExodusS* Wrote: but the AR (and the carabine) is stronger than a Sniper at far distances and that's the point.
I must disagree. If you're far enough and decent enough, I'm sure you can manage a shot, then hide, and come back out for another shot if you missed and you're far enough :)

Thanks given by:
Shot, hide, shot, hide, shot, hide (wtf i'm not camping!)
Thanks given by:
And what's wrong with camping? Unless you're on ac_douze, of course.
Thanks given by:
First of all, there's nothing wrong with camping. And second, it's not even camping.

"In video gaming, camping is a tactic in which a player will obtain a strategic position anywhere on the map and wait for characters to arrive and be killed, or waiting for useful objects to appear in an area rather than actively seeking them out."
Thanks given by:
(30 Nov 11, 03:53AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: First of all, there's nothing wrong with camping. And second, it's not even camping.

"In video gaming, camping is a tactic in which a player will obtain a strategic position anywhere on the map and wait for characters to arrive and be killed, or waiting for useful objects to appear in an area rather than actively seeking them out."

camper
Thanks given by:
agree
Thanks given by:
I'm only happy with camping when it's temporary, and they aren't just going to move to camp at another spot.

Hell, I camp every occasionally, but that's only for pickups or when I know that enemies are about to filter through that area.
Thanks given by:
there are plenty of ways to use sniper, camping is one of them. if you feel bothered about it i feel sorry for you.

although the description of camping by wolf sounds funny compared to what truly happens when people does it, you'll notice who know how to make good use of it gonna push your team to winning while the useless one gonna push… his own ratio, hopefully over 2.0, but that's ok they feel cocky of such amazing achievement.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 78438547.png]

On AC we don't have bombs to defuse, but we have "ninja flags" on ac_depot! :D

I don't have anything against campers, i just spoke about "rush" with the sniper.[/u]
Thanks given by:
Go back to the 1.0
Thanks given by:
Yea! .93 > all
Thanks given by:
I've read all the comments or at least most of them (some seemed to be boring as hell) so I'm gonna give in little words my point of view about this situation.

Sniper is the most awesome weapon of this game and with this freaking change from 1.0.4 to this newest versions the sniper just got killed with no doubt. (Whoever says it is not true, is a noob (there will be some 'cause they love to be called noobs))

If it was complicated in 1.0.4 to frag good SMG'rs like Marreira or ech0.. what do you think about now? where there are a lot of players who became "pros" because they just took advantage of the imbalance.

Most of those "pros" are complaining about the ideas of new balance for the next version because they are too afraid to become newbies again if the weapons get balanced. I don't care too much about what devs will do with other weapons if they just do right with the sniper.

Take the damages back as before. Damn there are helmets everywhere and you want to decrease the sniper's damage to 80?

Sniping is not the same, but I still do it 'cause I love it but you can't pretend to play competitively with sniper against AR's addicts or good SMG'rs if those are camping as shit to take the helmets/armours. They know they won't get pwned by a sniper 'cause he would need to snipe first and then shot with pistol... too much time since AR's just need like 8 bullets to kill you? all this if you don't miss the first shot.

I would like to see something like the damages that were posted by Wolf.

Do something for the improvement of the whole game not just of some players. ;D
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 08:30AM)Sacerockin Wrote: (Whoever says it is not true, is a noob (there will be some 'cause they love to be called noobs))

Really. There are so many players loving the sniper in this version. Robtics, L0rdzZ, myself any many others. Are we all noobs, because we like this sniper? :s
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 12:31PM)M__Stayla Wrote:
(04 Dec 11, 08:30AM)Sacerockin Wrote: (Whoever says it is not true, is a noob (there will be some 'cause they love to be called noobs))

Really. There are so many players loving the sniper in this version. Robtics, L0rdzZ, myself any many others. Are we all noobs, because we like this sniper? :s

LordzZ lost a lot cause of the new sniper, his high skill and reflex saved him cause he's what i call "pro" (even if he's not pay to play).

Everybody who keep playing the AR (and keep defending it) on this version are just afraid to become noobs again. (saccerock said it right +1)
When a clan start using it he's stronger, you can take BoB/FD as exemples. A lot of players will say "hey they are progressing, the AR is for nothing" but it's false, how many CM did i play against them on the 1.0 and before they took the AR...
Thanks given by:
I still take my Sniper into battle in every clan match i play.. even with the "worried noobs" using their OP AR's i use my sniper because... its the gun i love in this game, and i will always use it.
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 01:31PM).ExodusS* Wrote: ...
When a clan start using it he's stronger, you can take BoB/FD as exemples. A lot of players will say "hey they are progressing, the AR is for nothing" but it's false, how many CM did i play against them on the 1.0 and before they took the AR...

BoB and FD did progress a lot, though you're right in a way. What helps them most is the ability of the AR to use the recoil as accelerator (riflejump). As the AR has 20 bullets in 1.1. riflejumping got so popular.

If you're using a sniper in CTF and you lose a duel against an AR, who enters your base (he can have 4 hp and still...) and riflejumps away with the flag around the next corner, you're not able to get him.
On maps like depot (e.g. your mate is tunnel, riflejumper is main), that's a save flag for them.

--> AR isn't only the strongest fragging-gun, but also the strongest tactical (ctf,htf,tktf...)-gun.
give the AR just 15 bullets again, and it will be better. (ofc it's still possible to riflejump, but it's that strong for fragging, so less people will use it, and the game will be more balanced.)
Thanks given by:
[Image: weapon_assault.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 11, 04:08PM)Nightmare Wrote: [Image: weapon_assault.jpg]

That's the pic I used to make this meme:
http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/15/62/73/68/a5-11010.jpg

epic :D

________

@Benson, ofc they progressed a lot (FD BoB) but it helped a lot (already said (twice))

We already spoke about that, AR is stronger in all category.
Kevlar don't affect him a lot (contrary to shotgun/smg/carabine/sniper).
He's faster, you can rush as a japan's banzai.
Each bullets are stronger so the hit-push is too.
Amazing accuracy, near the 0 spread even at far distances.

________

I would play a game against FD and BoB without any AR , it should be very interesting.
Thanks given by: