AC_Douze is ruining things?
If i understand it correctly, i could help if the server checks the MS how many servers douze already running.

Someone votes ac_douze -> server checks MS -> more than 5 ac_douze maps already runnin/open -> voting will be rejectet by the server.
Thanks given by:
Currently all servers are running ac_douze
Those who do not run this map are the LADDER's servers.
This map is so stupid and idiotic that it is possible to see how many noobs there present.
I can not play ac_dust2, but ac_douze in ALL server's is allowed !!! omg (...)
Honestly, I hate ac_douze !
Douze vote ? I leave !

Something must be done PLEASE !
Thanks given by:
Vote dust2 anyways!
Thanks given by:
ac_mines vote? I leave! (specially on CTF, eww)
but I still know lots of people that like it, and I don't think it should be removed from the official maps just cause I don't.
Thanks given by:
You would be right, if a) ac_mines was being completely and utterly spammed in-game on a large number of public servers and b) if ac_mines was a legitimate map for CTF (I know some will disagree, but come on, it just isn't designed for it)

I don't think it should be removed from the official maps either, but something should be done to ensure that 80% of AC isn't dedicated to 10v10 CTF on douze, over and over again.
Thanks given by:
Dunno what you mates are talking about, Douze is the only map eQ does for CMs. TOSOK/CTF

I jest.
Thanks given by:
Could someone please explain why you people feel the devs should control every aspect of the metagame? A popular map is a asset to a game.
Thanks given by:
hahaha douze is an alternative of dust . look mentality isn t change. rofl
Thanks given by:
Im sure there are some people that have a problem with any maps that gets popular. I remember when douze was just a normal map and no-one said a bad word about it and it hasn't changed apart from the flag positions and spawns since then if i'm correct. It's been made playable, and now it could end up being treated like another dust2. A fine map, enjoyable to play on and like douze not ac's map. Not that I actually consider that a reason it is disliked by some. Anyway I hope it isn't to be restricted like I could see happening, not for my sake but because there are plenty of other people that like it. I remember from when I played how chaotic ctf was on it but if that's what people like. But of course there's always something said when a map gets popular, it was like this with twin_towers, with 40+ maps for a time, with gemas as it is still, and recently @campers. I don't see the fuss, you dont like it you don't play it.
Thanks given by:
Aha, couldn't have said it better myself.
Thanks given by:
The only potential (maybe current) problem I see is the ability to score flags quite rapidly via rifle-sprinting, which isn't a problem per se, (I enjoy it) but may make the "ladders" unbalanced. I'm not even too familiar with these "ladders" and I don't know i people may much attention to them.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 08:47PM)Hellspell Wrote: Im sure there are some people that have a problem with any maps that gets popular.
"overly popular" - indeed. Even the best maps get boring when they're being played everywhere, all the time. If I was in favor of maprot restrictions, I would also ask for desert TOSOK to be banned.

(04 Jan 12, 08:47PM)Hellspell Wrote: you dont like it you don't play it.
As long as you can find a server to play something else (as is still the case), that sounds alright.
Thanks given by:
tempest Wrote:Even the best maps get boring when they're being played everywhere, all the time

CTF ac_depot forever!
Thanks given by:
Also, It's being played because a huge number of pub players love it, and it would be a shot in the foot to the game to remove or change it. If whats popular gets banned then whats next? Removing guns? Quite alot of people like them as well :P
Thanks given by:
Maybe someone should add Dust2 back to the lineup. What? No? Aww... too soon? Let's not forget Riverside. Figures. We got all this epic high and mighty crazy new maps, with all these intricately planned and whippingly awesome passageways, and in the process managed to forget the classics. Way to go!

You'd think a mix of the old and the new would do wonders for the awesomeness inherent in this game of games... despite everyone's (mostly everyone's) -ok just certain people's-)) best attempts to rip out every last shred of the wicked cool that is AC.
Thanks given by:
My Opinion: Douze is "Ok" for 2v2s, 3v3s (Max), but I only do it in 1v1's really, e.g surv, 1v1, tsurv, KTF, osok. But thats all, I dont mind the map, but it is overplayed. I like mines, too but its WAY underplayed, (In my timezone - Dont know about the rest)

I think des3 is underplayed, in pubs, I just wish depot CTF was played tonnes. :P
Thanks given by:
its popular cuz its on the servers 80% of the time, why would they try to play anything else.

i agree certain maps get played to much, i think the same map shouldn't be allowed to be voted for twice in a row and then have a time limit on a map that has been played often to be only allowed to be voted every 30 mins.

Thanks given by:
@Joe yeah, but Id like to see some apollo maps, played a bit more. Theyre really neat. Also some more of Z3R0's maps would be good. :P
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 11:30PM)Murmer Wrote: @Joe yeah, but Id like to see some apollo maps, played a bit more. Theyre really neat. Also some more of Z3R0's maps would be good. :P

alot of people would love alot of maps to be played, there are alot of mapping contest maps that only get played once ( altho im aware that some are not game friendly and only for the beauty of the map ) but there are alot of great maps out there. Since 80% + are all gema, @, and douze new players see what is played the most and do not get a chance to see the other great maps.

Server owners besides the ladder hosted ones, rarely have just custom maprot ( with decent maps ) and if there are some out there they do not get played cuz the only people that play them are the players who have been in ac for a long period of time, and they are mostly on ladder servers. Also most dont get played cuz unless a map has been deemed "official" no one sees the map as an AC map.
Thanks given by:
Maybe it needs another thread idk, but instead of moaning about crappy maprots lets have some (sensible sugestions) other than douze, which will stay as part of my maprot (thats about choice and popularity).

What I think will solve this is a map that people like better, or even better a group of maps that are more popular. So get thinking post some sensible sugestions official or non official and i will make them into a community maprot and run it on my servers :)
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 12, 08:42AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: Maybe it needs another thread idk, but instead of moaning about crappy maprots lets have some (sensible sugestions) other than douze, which will stay as part of my maprot (thats about choice and popularity).

What I think will solve this is a map that people like better, or even better a group of maps that are more popular. So get thinking post some sensible sugestions official or non official and i will make them into a community maprot and run it on my servers :)

Great Point. 9 OUT OF 10 though douze doesn't stand a chance in the ladders. I don't mind teaching or learning a lesson to the DOUZE'ies :) JAMZ had or has an awesome maprot on Server of Justice (American), I miss that. There were quite a few maps that I miss on that one and it has been a while, but iv'e see a few of em pop up on a couple of BoB Ladder servers
<3 Casa
B}Free WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE :p
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 11, 10:56AM)MykeGregory Wrote: [Image: overplayed.jpg]

I've seen it much worse, at least 10 servers running it at once.

Thanks given by:
Yes, but for the most of it you dont see the on servers where the "pros" play.

Just use -A switch and block the damn map and be done with it.
Oh, and maybe block upload to so they dont start playing *tower or @camper. :P
Thanks given by:
If ac_douze is ruining the game, then (T)OSOK is ruining the game, and I've honestly seen more of that game mode than of games in ac_douze.
Regardless, every FPS is going to have it's overplayed maps. Some people love them, some people hate them. It's a factor of life, unfortunately. Just play a server that isn't using the map, or run your own server if you have a good enough/spare computer. That's all that really can be done.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 12, 02:23AM)DarkCollapse Wrote: Regardless, every FPS is going to have it's overplayed maps. Some people love them, some people hate them.
I agree, and blocking @camper maps you might see a huge uproar in the community (of players). So blocking them may be a problem,the hackers may come out and mod ac_server to allow @camper maps. So blocking them may be a problem... (Besides they are good sniping maps)

Thanks given by:
(07 Jan 12, 02:39AM)Grenade Wrote: So blocking them may be a problem... (Besides good sniping maps)

[Image: fuck-that-bitch-yao-ming.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 05:08AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Vote dust2 anyways!
If that screeny was a real mod I would get it.

Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 12, 08:47PM)Hellspell Wrote: Im sure there are some people that have a problem with any maps that gets popular.
(04 Jan 12, 10:16PM)GunZ|Maj.Hillis Wrote: If whats popular gets banned then whats next? Removing guns? Quite alot of people like them as well :P
By that logic, all the official maps would suddenly stop being official.
Popularity isn't the problem, it's overpopularity leading to grinding repetition.
I never thought of AC as a grinding game until I ran into players who spam TOSOK ac_desert all effing day.
Doing that with ac_douze is no different.
Doing that with any other map would be no different.
The map itself isn't the problem.
The pervasive nature of grinding is the problem.
I wanna be like, "WTF guys, you don't even get any XP or gold from doing that! You're not going to level up! Go play Final Fantasy or something!"
Thanks given by:
It happened to me too to see quite a few server online and almost all were running douze or other (worse) maps.
I believe that ac_douze was a good map till it haden't team "bases" (spawns) and, worst of all, flags. It was already overplayed but not like now. (I don't think I dreamed the time in which I never saw a team game there!)
Douze is, in my opinion, an arena map. I played a lot of DM, OSOK and LMS games there and I believe some of those were quite fun (apart from some, in my opinion, bad spawns that could be "easily" fixed from those with more ability than me). In the past months I played some team games, but that map it's too small for me and it's too easy to reach the enemy base and spawn kill all the time.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 11, 06:34PM)Bloodsport Wrote: Douze being played constantly is just a symptom of players' desire to play on maps that are reasonably open, allow some fast paced sniping skill, and aren't dominated by shotgunners. Since the map restrictions were introduced, Douze is the only map that people can play on if they want that type of gameplay. This leads to the two obvious solutions:

1) AC shouldn't allow that kind of gameplay, so limit douze to no more than about 4 players, and lose all the people who like that type of gameplay.

2) relax the map restrictions so that there will at least be some variety in the open, arena-like games that the majority of casual AC players seem to like (curse them and their free will).

Well, I didn't read the whole thing actually, but this one cought my attention, as it's way too funny. We should relax the restrictions to get more variety of maps like ac_douze, a map which obviously works despite map restrictions. *cough*

Sorry for probably running off-topic, but that pretty damn well displays the misunderstanding of the restrictions all together. Everybody still can make maps like ac_douze. This guy just said himself, though seemingly not being aware he actually did.

On-Topic:

I agree with everybody who came to the conclusion, that there seems to be no sane solution to this.

Besides that I kind of give up trying to understand what "this community" wants or needs. When its about map restrictions everybody screams up like the spanish inquisition was acoming, now one by one is considering restricting voting and whatnot would be the golden way. I don't get it...
Thanks given by: