Ammo question
hello

i have a dumb question....
i was watching a demo last time and i notcide some guy who has 10/5 ammo is reloading and than he has 20/5 AR without picking up ANY ammoboxes and there were no ammoboxes near him and none of "close" ammo boxes dissapeared?

thanks for an answer :)
Thanks given by:
I don't know if the error I encounted is still around, but this sounds similar. The ammo on demo's is a bit F'd up after reloads D:
Thanks given by:
i've been counting shots fired and everything and the demo's ammo looks pretty clear... i mean.... numbers fits correctly....
Thanks given by:
I remember these kinds of issues back in 1.0.4 but haven't seen any since.
Thanks given by:
Either its da demo bug (I've seen it to) or hes got pick ups hacks :)
Thanks given by:
I had a very similar problem but encountered it in spectator. I was spectating my sister play AC as a fairly new player with an AR and I noticed the ammo numbers on her screen were off to my screen so I told her to empty the gun. It was completely empty for her but still showed up as 1/7 for me. It was on a laggy arse server so that's what I blamed. This was maybe 3 months ago.

X-Ray_Dog does have a sister >.> but she doesn't play often or at all
Thanks given by:
I think maybe this happens when shots are dropped. (Possibly relating back to hitregfix)
Thanks given by:
what do you mean as dropped?

edit:
and i just went through the demo at gamespeed 10 counting ever shot fired (and watching the hit on wall/player thing) and the number fits perfectly.... except when the strange reload happens....
Thanks given by:
What I mean is that the client shoots, but the server doesn't register that shot. Meaning that in game world, the shot only happens for the client.

Why the server drops the shot is because they may happen too close together, indicating cheating. Or in more common cases, a little bit of lag.
Thanks given by:
well no pj/ping jumping from beginning to there, where it accoured and player still got "normally" killed....
Thanks given by:
One in a demo (on 1.0) i saw a SMG player with 30/210 bullets.
Thanks given by:
ok for those who don't know what im talking about you can watch the demo from beginning to the part where reload took place (40 sec long)

http://www.fd.tc/DOWNLOAD/AC/PROOVE/demo.avi

P.S: it takes some time to buffer and start playing

EDIT: i found another part in demo where he makes the 10|5→20|5 again
EDIT2: so am i right and that is some sort of affecting the game aka cheat?
Thanks given by: