Anyone play instruments?
So yeah, I'm bored and just wondering if anyone plays any instruments (or used to/would like to). I play guitar myself, here are my axes :P

[Image: mayonesse-1307135599-3858.jpg]

[Image: sKqQEtD-xGdd4.jpg]

and also I have an Ibanez RG but cant let me post here :(

lol i really want a mayones regius :(
Thanks given by:
These are my 3 lovely epic awesome guitars
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hph...2912_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
Me is playing some Keyboard :)
Thanks given by:
I'm playing (electric) guitar for 12 years, I'm using a Fender Stratocaster like this:
[Image: p1040464j.jpg]

If I have enough money I'll buy an original Stratocaster of 1962, which is around 20.000 bucks for a good one :/
Thanks given by:
I play a drum-type instrument. Its called Zambonba and its origin is African. It was introduced by the slaves throughout history all over Europe, South-America...
Here is the typical use, always with women surrounding.

Thanks given by:
Guitar for me mate, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG, Gibson SG 3, Gibson SG Goddess, and a Gibson Marauder, and a Doves In Flight
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2733.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2433.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1638.html

Related threads :D

* Ronald_Reagan is not hating, just pointing out how rarely totally new offtopic threads get made.

Music <3 (Yes, I play it)
Thanks given by:
Trumpet and ACID Xpress 7.0.
Thanks given by:
Guitar is my "main" instrument, i.e. the one I play everyday and manage to make sound semi-decent. I have a Washburn acoustic and I inherited my dad's 1970-something Fender Bullet not that long ago.
I also play harmonica. And recorder.

Considering buying a mandolin. I played a friend's recently and had a lot of fun. Any advice?
Thanks given by:
(24 Oct 11, 11:19PM)Mai Mee Tur Wrote: Guitar for me mate, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG, Gibson SG 3, Gibson SG Goddess, and a Gibson Marauder, and a Doves In Flight

Six gibsons? Well probably you had to get so many to find one that doesn't detune when you look too hard at it?
Sorry couldn't resist :D

Anyhow I play bass - most fun instrument imho! :D
Thanks given by:
My main instrument use to be guitar but I can play keyboards and drums also. I use to play in bands but now days I mainly produce music with computer, though jamming with real people is still the most fun to me in music.
Thanks given by:
So, we have everything to build up an online band :D
* Andrez suggests to cover Sweet Child O'Mine *-*
Thanks given by:
I have a Gibson SG Angus model...

[Image: Gibson.jpg]

[Image: 1620.png]
Thanks given by:
I play one of these bad boys!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNv6aYyfuUwsEQeHv8Psc...JcbvMFY7NQ]
Over 30 strings of pure finger bleedage!

Nah, not really. i play this VVV
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTedRgHQsBMg1unxglBgTW...tx-l2NbwfG]
Not the actual guitar, but looks like it.
In the style of this man.
Thanks given by:
i play this big piece of metal:
[Image: unknownwx.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Reagan I apologise, I'm new to the forums ^^

and wow, guys, never knew so many of you played, a lot of you are legendary assaultcubers too hahah =]

All you guitarists have some very nice guitars, I play a lot of different styles from chicken pickin' to sweeps but I favour modern/metal guitars simply because the necks are great and very little goes wrong with them - I had a Fender 1952 strat and it played absolutely amazingly, but I ended up selling it because it wouldn't stay in tune whenever I was gigging with it :(
Thanks given by:
Lol makKe, I keep most of them in different tunings.

But yeah, it's always the G string that detunes :|
Thanks given by:
Different tunings = silly.

Unless it is an open tuning. Then I can play guitar.
Thanks given by:
I play the radio.
Thanks given by:
I play the tuner.
Thanks given by:
Lol I also have two clarinets I play :D

Buffet R13 (My baby <3) And a beginners Buffet
Thanks given by:
Percussion all the way (mainly triangle).
Thanks given by:
I have a few guitars, but only cheap stuff that I can mess with, my skills as a musician wont grant me the right to pay big money for guitars.

- A sunburn mexican strat with noiseless pickups and pearl pick guard and some other crazy modifications I did here and there.

- Ephinone Dot that I bought only for the looks of it, always wanted a semi-holoww guitar and got it online for a great price! Looks damn good and it is a surprisingly decent instrument (at least after a pickup upgrade, the factory ones are crap)

- A honey Memphis Les Paul that I got for 80 bucks and hardly pay caus is crap.

- a DiGiorgio classic guitar that I got from my grandpa, is the only one that is actually a very good instrument and pretty expensive one, will keep for my kids and love to play with it.

-a ukulele and a mandolin that I came across at a yard sale, very fun shit!
Thanks given by:
(25 Oct 11, 11:55PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Different tunings = silly...
Drop D FTW!

Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 11, 07:18PM)MykeGregory Wrote: Drop D FTW!

This. :D

also I like Drop C, but I play a lot of metal xD and B standard because it opens up a lot of new chords and keys to play jazz stuffs in. Really I use a lot of tunings, anything between B standard and concert pitch really.

Thanks given by:
Having six guitars all at diffrent tunings makes a lot more sense to me than having them all in standard tuning. ;)

@ElCrema: Weird thinking there. Being skilled or not should not decide how expensive or cheap your instrument is. If you're good, you'll own on any guitar, if you suck you will suck on any. (though an expensive instrument can sometimes just be more comfortable)

Nothing wrong with buying an expensive instrument if you can afford it imho. Shouldn't have to do with your skill level.
Also, some 100$ instruments can be awesome, some 2000$ guitars can suck ass. It's not the price really. And in the end, the most important thing is how it feels to play, and how it suits you, not the price.
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 11, 07:30PM)makkE Wrote: Also, some 100$ instruments can be awesome, some 2000$ guitars can suck ass. It's not the price really.

*cough* Gibsons are overrated *cough*
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 11, 07:52PM)SkyHawk Wrote:
(27 Oct 11, 07:30PM)makkE Wrote: Also, some 100$ instruments can be awesome, some 2000$ guitars can suck ass. It's not the price really.

*cough* Gibsons are overrated *cough*

It's all about the combination Guitar + Amplifier + Genre,

take a Gretsch White Falcon into a Mesa rectifier and play Funk with that ;)
Great guitar, great Amp, but the sound might be terrible - the tone will be still good if you can play guitar.
Thanks given by:
(27 Oct 11, 07:30PM)makkE Wrote: Having six guitars all at diffrent tunings makes a lot more sense to me than having them all in standard tuning. ;)

@ElCrema: Weird thinking there. Being skilled or not should not decide how expensive or cheap your instrument is. If you're good, you'll own on any guitar, if you suck you will suck on any. (though an expensive instrument can sometimes just be more comfortable)

Nothing wrong with buying an expensive instrument if you can afford it imho. Shouldn't have to do with your skill level.
Also, some 100$ instruments can be awesome, some 2000$ guitars can suck ass. It's not the price really. And in the end, the most important thing is how it feels to play, and how it suits you, not the price.

Fell free to introduce the "2000$ guitar for me to joke around with my mates" topic to my wife :P

But yeah, you right, I would probably not trade my mexican frankeincaster for any American Strat I ever played with. But as a rule of thumb, I never buy expensive instruments caus I can't help myself to not mess around with them too much and I'm all for cheap hobbies!
Thanks given by:
True about the wife point hehe. Still - if I had the money, I'd buy my dream bass (2500€) - even if I'm just a mediocre bassist.

Here it is: http://www.bassdirect.co.uk/bass_guitar_...4XWHT.html

A review of the 5-string version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxkN1RzRQqE

This thing is pure eargasm to me. Tried out several yamahas now, and they are incredible quality across the board.

Thanks given by: