Any musicians here?
Greetings denizens of AssCub, any of y'all musicians? Mind posting any of your work?

I just say this because I'm recording later today and maybe I'll throw some of it on here

For reference I play guitar, bass, piano, sax, violin and sing, but for this proposed band I just do guitar, bass, piano and vocals (not all at once)

THROW YO HANDS UP NUKKAS
Thanks given by:
I was just about a made thread about my work. But here's a little recording from my late night improvising. Any feedback would be nice!

http://snd.sc/fmLFgL
Thanks given by:
I make rnb beats with fl studio, and i play piano. I would post work if i had videos of it.
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 11, 06:37PM)pweaks Wrote: I was just about a made thread about my work. But here's a little recording from my late night improvising. Any feedback would be nice!

And little bit about my musical background, I mainly play guitar but piano and drums pretty well too. My main influence for my music are for instance: Buckethead, Frank Zappa and Herbie Hancock. I'm probably put out some my own originals in the future too, some covers under work too. I also play in two bands, one is hardcore kind of a rock and second is melodic death metal. Cheers, and hoping to hear/see others work too!
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 11, 06:55PM)pweaks Wrote:
(01 Apr 11, 06:37PM)pweaks Wrote: I was just about a made thread about my work. But here's a little recording from my late night improvising. Any feedback would be nice!

And little bit about my musical background, I mainly play guitar but piano and drums pretty well too. My main influence for my music are for instance: Buckethead, Frank Zappa and Herbie Hancock. I'm probably put out some my own originals in the future too, some covers under work too. I also play in two bans, one is hardcore kind of a rock and second is melodic death metal. Cheers, and hoping to hear/see others work too!
Cool stuff. The beginning reminds me a bit of Opeth's lead guitarist, Mikael and some of his work in Damnation.

What's your set up like?

I like the tone a lot. I would say try not to stay on picking one note over and over, at least move to the next tonally correct one while you're buying time to think of another spot to start improvising again. Your bends could use a bigger punch to them, but idk if it's your setup or maybe your strings are rusty and you don't want to snap them

My laptop's microphone is abysmal but I could probably record a few chord progressions or something. I just picked up a decent acoustic, so time to put it to use :D

Thanks given by:
Pretty good Pweaks :)
Thanks given by:
I'm not a real "musician", but I play both classical and electric guitar.
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 11, 06:55PM)pweaks Wrote: I also play in two bans

Oh no!
Thanks given by:
I haven't got any originals, but i did some covers :) Drums and electric guitar
Thanks given by:
I play guitar and clarinet, I also sing.

I'm going to be recording a cover later :)

Sony Vegas Editor Pro 10 FTW
Thanks given by:
I play cornet and trumpet.
Thanks given by:
Loving the groove Pweaks! Thanks for posting that.

I used to be in a chick band back in high school. MorganKell is now my only fan. :)

I do vocals of every type. In the past people have given me a sample of what they want their stuff to sound like and I mimic it. These days I'm headed in the opera direction in my own time, it's been really exhilarating!

This is a great thread,
I've been interested in starting an on-line band where everyone could submit and compile different tracks and produce albums together.
Thanks given by:
i play guitars and basically any keyed instrument (piano, organ, ect.)
Thanks given by:
(01 Apr 11, 07:18PM)Impaktd Wrote:
(01 Apr 11, 06:55PM)pweaks Wrote:

And little bit about my musical background, I mainly play guitar but piano and drums pretty well too. My main influence for my music are for instance: Buckethead, Frank Zappa and Herbie Hancock. I'm probably put out some my own originals in the future too, some covers under work too. I also play in two bans, one is hardcore kind of a rock and second is melodic death metal. Cheers, and hoping to hear/see others work too!
Cool stuff. The beginning reminds me a bit of Opeth's lead guitarist, Mikael and some of his work in Damnation.

What's your set up like?

I like the tone a lot. I would say try not to stay on picking one note over and over, at least move to the next tonally correct one while you're buying time to think of another spot to start improvising again. Your bends could use a bigger punch to them, but idk if it's your setup or maybe your strings are rusty and you don't want to snap them

My laptop's microphone is abysmal but I could probably record a few chord progressions or something. I just picked up a decent acoustic, so time to put it to use :D
Well, I used Line6 GX. And yes, my strings are bit rusty. Also, that was late night, so some of my bends were little bit flat. But hope to hear your stuff too!
Thanks given by:
I am a drummer. That's about it, oh and I play guitar.
Thanks given by:
Trumpet, and a tad of sax, guitar and piano.
Thanks given by:
I play guitar, pretty shit though
Thanks given by:
I play guitar. I'm so original ;) Haven't recorded anything yet, even though I probably should at some point, considering I bought a sound card to start recording like... 2 years ago?

Thinking of learning a bit of bass as well though, at some point.
Thanks given by:
V-Wifey, I had a program that was allowed you to jam online once :P
Lost it by now, also may of just been for mac.
Thanks given by:
Orygne has got the skillz!
Thanks given by:
How long you guys been playing anyway? 2 years for me.
Thanks given by:
Roughly 3 years form me.
Thanks given by:
Nice, pweaks :) Is that a jazz bass I hear?

Here's a little piece I recorded to get used to my super-modern 4-track cassette recorder:

http://soundcloud.com/makke77/tape-i/s-dK020
It's too long, I know. The guitar sucks, because it has rattle.

My main instrument is bass by now. I played drums and guitar in the past too.
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 03:39PM)StRaTo Wrote: How long you guys been playing anyway? 2 years for me.

Everything for a longish time

Piano for about 10 years now stands as my longest
Thanks given by:
(04 Apr 11, 03:39PM)StRaTo Wrote: How long you guys been playing anyway? 2 years for me.

I haven't played for over two years. I miss it. I played for eight.
Thanks given by:
I've been playing Guitar and Drums for 3 years now. Bass just sort of threw itself in somewhere in between.

I also do vocals for the imaginary band in my head which likes composing epic music while looking out of windows.

Jokes aside, I really want to get into electronic music now. Sampling, turntables etc. Maybe some day :)
Thanks given by:
Do you really play bass, or just play a guitar lick/roots on a bass ? ;) There's a diffrence.
Thanks given by:
Here's a little song I made for my friends movie. He asked some original material.

http://snd.sc/hKoNeN
Thanks given by:
Another song. http://snd.sc/fFoxtt
Thanks given by:
I used to play the keyboards but now I'm a successful vocalist.
Thanks given by: