Buggy Grenades?
http://www.mediafire.com/?8kizqdzmal5wb0g - Link to demo

At 4:40-4:30 remaining, I chuck a grenade. This grenade I chuck goes all the way down to the 50 armor BUT somehow makes me suicide, Any Ideas how this happened? :D

Any help would be great!
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 11, 09:17PM).ExodusS* Wrote:

Thanks given by:
I love the video :)
I think it s a modified client .>>hacking
Thanks given by:
Blame it on the la-la-la-la-la-la-ten-cy.
Thanks given by:
Absolutely to do with your ping. Nades often go in different directions for different players/the server, because the clients have players in different positions at different times. Usually you can cope with the effects. These are extreme examples and there's no point trying to counter it.
I assume from your reaction that you saw the nade go down to the armour when it happened? I would have expected the demo to show it bouncing back on you but...well...
Thanks given by:
You must woo them of course!

If that doesn't work then I guess jamz might be right...just this once.
Thanks given by:
Stop hacking.
Thanks given by:
I hack hard.

So according to you guys it's to do with my ping? I'd have to say I agree but in the demo me + Larry both see the grenade go down to the 50 armor. It wasn't as if he didn't see it go down there. Not sure if that means anything but I just thought that's the weirdest grenade ever :D
Thanks given by:
It has more to do with packet jump than ping, IIRC -- though a really awful ping can also cause it.
Thanks given by:
(04 Oct 11, 12:15AM)jamz Wrote: Absolutely to do with your ping. Nades often go in different directions for different players/the server, because the clients have players in different positions at different times. Usually you can cope with the effects. These are extreme examples and there's no point trying to counter it.
I assume from your reaction that you saw the nade go down to the armour when it happened? I would have expected the demo to show it bouncing back on you but...well...

The thing that seems different here is that Xenon (at the time), me (at the time) and the demo (from the server) all see the grenade "go down to the bottom". Shouldn't grenades follow the perspective of at least one of the players or the server?
Thanks given by:
I had hoped that my "...well..." would cover it. Seriously, it's beyond my little brain to explain why it happens; only that it's one of those things that I see a lot of, and that while it's confusing, it's 'normal'.
If you want actual explanations, I'm not going to start guessing; we're going to need someone with a deeper understanding of enet and/or the nade trajectory code to reply.
Thanks given by: